Indian former cricketer Virender Sehwag comes up with the top five similarities between Jasprit Bumrah and T Natarajan. Sehwag draws the similarities after T Natarajan took three wickets in the first T20I against Australia.
Earlier Virender Sehwag reveals the reason for roping T Natarajan for 3 crores in IPL 2017. In 2017 IPL T Natarajan was roped by KXIP for a whopping 3 crores.
Similarities between Bumrah and T Natarajan
- Both the cricketers made their ODI and T20I debut against Australia in Australia. While Bumrah burst into the international scene during India’s 2015-16 tour of Australia, Natarajan’s debut happened five seasons later.
- The second similarity is rather stunning – both players were not first choices – they were replacements. While Bumrah replaced Mohammad Shami who had picked up an injury, while Natarajan made his ODI debut after Bumrah was rested for the final match as the tourists had already lost the series.
- It is also surprising that both the cricketers made their ODI debut in the last match of the three-match ODI series and that happened to be the only match India won. When Bumrah made his debut, India won the match by six runs and two balls to spare. In Natarajan’s case, India won the final ODI by 13 runs.
- Both the cricketers picked up two wickets in their ODI debut. While Bumrah returned with figures of 40 runs in 10 overs, Natarajan was on the expensive side as he conceded 70 runs in his quota of 10 overs.
- Bumrah and Natarajan have also picked up three wickets in their maiden T20I match. On his T20I debut, Bumrah conceded 23 runs and picked up three wickets in Adelaide. Natarajan on the other hand got three wickets in his four-overs spell which giving 30 runs.
T Natarajan in Australia tour 2020
T Natarajan made his ODI debut in the 3rd match against Australia on December 2, 2020. He steps in as a replacement bowler for Navdeep Saini. In the debut match, T Natarajan stuns Indian fans by dismissing Marnus Labuschagne and opens his account in the international ODI wicket section.
Moreover, India wins the last match while losing the series to the host in a 2-1 format. In the 1st T20I against Australia, T Natarajan proves his worth by bagging 3 wickets in his T20I debut match.