The MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Test Rankings is a table where international cricket players performances are ranked using a points-based system which is worked out by doing a series of calculations leading to a sophisticated moving average. Players are rated on a scale of 0 to 1000 points.
Last Updated: June 24, 2021(GMT)
ICC Men’s Test Rankings – Batsmen
Australia’s Steve Smith holds the top position in the ICC Men’s Test batsmen ranking list with a rating of 891. Following are the list of Men’s Test batsmen ranking.
ICC Men’s Test Rankings – Bowlers
Following are the list of top 10 players in the Men’s Test Bowlers Rankings which changes after players’ performance in each Test match.
ICC Men’s Test Rankings – All-Rounder
Players need to shine with both ball and bat to get enrolled in the list of ICC Men’s Test All-Rounders Ranking. Following are the list of top 10 players in the Men’s Test Bowlers Rankings which changes after players’ performance in each Test match.
|5||Shakib Al Hasan||BAN||338|
|9||Colin de Grandhomme||NZ||243|
Who developed ICC Ranking System?
The ratings were developed at the suggestion of Ted Dexter in 1987.
When are the rankings updated?
Normally ICC updates the Test rankings after each Test match (usually within 12 hours) and ODI ratings at the end of each ODI series. But generally, it doesn’t publish Test rankings if another Test match is currently in progress.
How ICC Men’s Test Batsmen Rankings calculated?
- Out or Not Out (Bonus points are given to Not out players)
- Ratings of the opposing bowling attack; the higher the combined ratings of the bowling attack, in proportion more value is given to the batsman’s innings.
- Runs scored i.e., more runs means more bonus points. A century in the second innings will get more credit than in the first inning.
- At which juncture; runs are scored. If a player score runs when his team was in crisis, then a player gets more rating points.
- The level of run-scoring in the match. If both teams score 500 in innings, then the computer rate it as a high scoring match, so 100 runs by a player in this innings worth lesser to a low scoring match in which both team score just 150 runs.
- If a player has scored more runs in a match and his team wins then he gets bonus points. But bonus points will be more if the victory is against a strong team.