Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the only captain to win all the three ICC trophies, turned a year older on Tuesday(07/07/2020). Dhoni, who is famously known as “Captain Cool”, has been one of the most successful Indian captains and has left a mark in the world of cricket. Dhoni, who is known for his calmness on the field, has represented India in 90 Tests, 350 ODIs and 98 T20Is, scoring 4,876, 10,773 and 1,617 runs respectively.
Mahi, the name by which the fans call him, is the only player in the world of cricket to win ODI World Cup, T20 World Cup and ICC Champions Trophy as a captain. The former Indian skipper is celebrating his 39th birthday on Tuesday and as he turned a year older, fans have showered birthday wishes to him, thanking him for his services. ‘Thank u Dhoni’ is already trending on social media. So as MS Dhoni celebrates his 39th birthday, here are some of the interesting facts about the ‘Captain Cool’:
- MS Dhoni is the first wicket-keeper batsman to lead India in Test cricket.
- Dhoni is also the only the second Indian captain to win his first Test at both, home and abroad.
- Dhoni also holds the rare feat of being the only Indian captain to win five consecutive Test series.
- He was also the first Indian skipper in 33 years to win a series in New Zealand in the longest format of the game.
- Dhoni is also the only Indian wicket-keeper to score 4,000 runs and effect 200 dismissals from behind the stumps in Test cricket.
- Dhoni has also a lot of interest in football and badminton. He also played at the district and club level in both football and badminton.
Watch Dhoni Plays as a Perfect Footballer:
- The famous helicopter shot of Dhoni was taught to him by his friend and former Jharkhand cricketer Santhosh Lal.
- Dhoni also holds the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Territorial Army.
- Dhoni is also the only captain in the world to win ODI World Cup, T20 World Cup and Champions Trophy.
- Dhoni’s favourite actor is John Abraham.
- Dhoni, also known as ‘Mahi’, has a special love for motorcycles and his garage filled with exotics, vintage motorcycles and superbikes.
- He also holds the record of the most international sixes as captain in cricket.
- Dhoni also holds the record for playing the most number of international matches as captain.
- Dhoni was the first player in international cricket to win the ICC ODI player of the year award twice (in 2008 and 2009).
- The former skipper of the Indian team had also served as a ‘Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE)’ at the Kharagpur railway station.