IPL 2020 RR vs MI records: Mumbai Indians(MI) beat Rajasthan Royals(RR) by 57 runs in the 20th match of IPL2020, at Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The match shows the Mumbai Indian player’s form and consistency in the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League.
Various records were created and broken in this match. Mumbai Indians after losing a couple of matches starts to provide a consistent victory in this year’s IPL. Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians holds the top position in the IPL 2020 points table after this match.
Mumbai Indians is also the team to bag the highest number(4 times) of IPL trophies since 2008.
List of Records scripted in RR vs MI match
- MI’s Suryakumar Yadav registered his eighth IPL fifty and finished on an unbeaten 79 runs off 47 deliveries against RR. This is now his best IPL score.
- Since 2017, Rohit Sharma has been dismissed ten times by leg-spinners in the IPL Only Shikhar Dhawan (13) has been dismissed to leg-spin more than Rohit, in this period.
- Jos Buttler registered his tenth IPL fifty. This was also his third consecutive fifty against Mumbai Indians.
- Mumbai Indians(1,156) went past Royal Challengers Bangalore(1,152) to record the most sixes in IPL history.
- This was the seventh time in 15 innings (against MI) when a left-arm pacer dismissed Sanju Samson. He has been dismissed four times by Mitchell McClenaghan alone.
- Mumbai Indians become the first team to score 190+ runs in five consecutive matches in IPL 2020 season (195 vs KKR, 201 vs RCB, 191 vs KXIP, 208 vs SRH, 193 vs RR).
After the match against Rajasthan Royals, MI head coach Jayawardene talks about his team’s performance. As they beat the RR by 57 runs and makes the way to hold the top position in the points table with an NRR of +1.488. Highest comparing to other teams. Mumbai Indians is set to face Delhi Capitals to play the 27th match of IPL on October 11.
— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) October 7, 2020