Table of Contents
WI vs IND 2nd ODI 2023 Probable Playing 11: The 2nd ODI game of the India tour of West Indies 2023 will be played on July 29 at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados. In the 3-match ODI series, team India has the upper hand with the victory in the 1st ODI game of the series.
The hosts need to win the 2nd ODI game to stay alive in the series while winning the game will seal the series victory for India.
Players to watch out in WI vs IND 2nd ODI 2023
Check out the Players to watch out in WI vs IND 2nd ODI 2023 below:
- Virat Kohli is a must-pick for the WI vs IND 2nd ODI game, he has fantastic stats against West Indies. In 43 matches Virat scored 2261 runs at an average of 66.50 which includes 9 centuries and 11 half centuries.
- West Indies Shai Hope also holds a decent record against India. Hope scored 920 runs in 24 matches at an average of 46.00 which also includes 3 centuries and 4 half-centuries.
- Kuldeep Yadav is also a must-pick for the WI vs IND 2nd ODI 2023 game following his 4 wickets haul in the 1st ODI at this same venue.
- R Jadeja also holds impressive stats against West Indies where he bagged 44 wickets in 30 matches.
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Picked three wickets in the previous game and chipped in with some handy runs
- Has an impressive record against WI, his best bowling spell in ODI has come against the same opposition.
- Virat Kohli
- Kohli holds an average of 66.50 in ODIs against West Indies
- Has scored 9 ODI centuries against WI – his second most gainst an opposition.
- Has scored more than 2250 runs against them in 43 ODIs.
- Shai Hope
- Has an average of 46.00 in ODIs against India
- Shai is clearly one of West Indies’ most consistent batters in this format.
- Hope has scored 920 runs against India in ODIs – his most against an opposition.
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Kuldeep picked 4 wickets in the first ODI as West Indies were bowled out for 114 runs.
- Has picked more wickets against WI than any other opposition in ODIs.
- Alick Athanaze
- Alick has gotten off to a decent start in most of the game against India.
- Alick can hit some quality shots and is also a good player against spin.
WI vs IND 2nd ODI 2023 Probable Playing 11
Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya, Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik, Mukesh Kumar.
Brandon King, Alick Athanaze, Shai Hope (C & wk), Keacy Carty, Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Dominic Drakes, Yannic Cariah, Gudakesh Motie, Jayden Seales.
WI vs IND 2nd ODI Pitch Report
- Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
- Overall: Bowling
- Best Suited: Pacers
- Average Score(50 matches)
- 1st innings: 227
- 2nd innings: 197
- Toss winners opt to bowl first(60%)
- Team bowling first wins 80%
Kensington Oval is good for batters where the team winning the toss chooses to bowl first. Interestingly, the team batting second won more games compared to the team batting first. The Pacers have a good record at Kensington Oval compared to the spinners.
Last year in August, New Zealand and West Indies played out a three-match ODI series at this venue. Two out of those three games were low-scoring ones in which the Seamers had a huge say.
Pacers vs Spinners Comparison
Check out the Pacers vs Spinners Comparison at this venue below(46 innings):
|Type||Wickets||Maidens||Average||SR||ECO rate||4/5 Wickets|
WI vs IND 2nd ODI Squad
Shai Hope(w/c), Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Shimron Hetmyer, Alick Athanaze, Rovman Powell, Keacy Carty, Romario Shepherd, Gudakesh Motie, Alzarri Joseph, Oshane Thomas, Jayden Seales, Kevin Sinclair, Dominic Drakes, Yannic Cariah
Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jaydev Unadkat, Mukesh Kumar, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Ishan Kishan, Ruturaj Gaikwad