Virat Kohli T20 debut
Exactly a decade back, India skipper Virat Kohli made his T20 debut in the same day. This happened a couple of years after he made his national debut. The 31-year-old made his T20I debut against Zimbabwe at Harare, where he scored 26 off 21 deliveries.
His cameo was laced with three boundaries and a six. India won the match as they gunned down a paltry 111-run target with six wickets in hand to crush the hosts.
10 years on, he is arguably the best batsman in the world and his astronomical numbers are a testament to that. As Kohli is a popular figure in the country, it should not come as a surprise that he is trending. Hashtag #10YearsOfKingKohliInT20I is trending today and here is how fans are reacting.
- Virat Kohli’s favourite adventure sport is rafting.
- Virat follows tennis and football diligently. He is a big fan of Roger Federer.
- His favourite actor is Aamir Khan.
- Virat is known as the most stylish batsman in the team. This factor has catapulted his fame, especially among youngsters.
- Virat’s tattoos have become quite popular as well. He has a Scorpio zodiac tattoo on his upper right arm. He also has a Japanese Samurai warrior with a raised sword.
- Virat Kohli is a little superstitious. He has been wearing a kadah (bracelet) since 2012 for good luck.
- Through his charity, Virat Kohli Foundation, he supports education and healthcare of underprivileged children.
Virat Kohli Awards
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2017 (captain)
- Padma Shri: 2017
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (captain)
- Arjuna Award: 2013
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna: 2018
Virat Kohli Records
- Fastest century by an Indian cricketer in ODIs (52 balls)
Watch Kohli’s Fastest ODI’s Century :
- Fastest Indian to reach 1000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 10, 15, 20, and 25 centuries in ODIs
- The only batsman in history to average more than 50 in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is simultaneously
- Fastest in the world to reach 30 and 35 centuries in ODIs
- Second fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is
- First Indian cricketer to score three successive centuries in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 15,000 international runs
- Fastest batsman to score 17,000 runs in international cricket (363 innings)
Virat Kohli Batting Stats
Fans Tweet on #10YearsOfKingKohliInT20I
— King Kohli Telugu FC (@KingkohliTFC) June 12, 2020
— Kis hore Emani’s (@kishore_Emanis) June 12, 2020