IPL 2022 PBKS Squad: Punjab Kings, who still waits to lift their maiden IPL trophy will be one of the team to get profit from this Mega Auction. PBKS will seek to strengthen all their loop holes that they went through during the past IPL seasons with this IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
PBKS IPL 2022 Auction Stats
IPL 2022 PBKS Squad: IPL 2021 Punjab Kings skipper KL Rahul who has been in tremendous form with the bat will not be a part of the Punjab franchise in IPL 2022.
- A Punjab Kings source said Punjab Kings is unlikely to retain any player for IPL 2022.
KL RahulConfirming this Punjab Kings Co-owner says “There are many players apart from KL Rahul, firstly. One player does not make up a team, I’ve always said that. Any team that hinges too much on one player, that does prove beyond a point liability”.
If Punjab Kings releases KL Rahul there is a huge chance for him to be roped by any of the new IPL teams as their skipper in the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
IPL 2022 PBKS Squad
New Players signed by PBKS for IPL 2022
IPL 2022 PBKS Squad: If PBKS releases KL Rahul, definitely they need to strengthen their top order batting unit with an experienced player who can play as opener. KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal remains as the pillar of Punjab Kings with bat in IPL 2021 where the duo scored 1067 runs.
The new players signed by PBKS in IPL 2022 Mega Auction will be updated here once officially announced.
Players retained by PBKS in IPL 2022
IPL 2022 PBKS Squad: Punjab Kings needs to utilize this mega auction opportunity to build a strong team that could lift their maiden IPL trophy in the upcoming season.
Following are the details of the possible PBKS Retained Players 2022:
Set 1(Mostly Confirmed)
IPL 2022 PBKS Retention – 2 Indian Players with 2 Foreign Players
If PBKS decides to retain players in 2+2 format that is 2 Indian players with 2 foreign players then the following will be the possible IPL 2022 PBKS retention:
Players Released by PBKS in IPL 2022
Apart from retaining the 4 players, PBKS have to release all its remaining players ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction. Following are the expected players to be released by PBKS ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction:
- KL Rahul (C)
- Nicholas Pooran
- Chris Gayle
- Deepak Hooda
- Mandeep Singh
- Darshan Nalkande
- Prabhsimran Singh
- Sarfaraz Khan
- M Ashwin
- Ishan Porel
- Chris Jordan
- Jhye Richardson
- Riley Meredith
- Moises Henriques
- Dawid Malan
- Fabian Allen
- Jalaj Saxena
- Saurabh Kumar
- Utkarsh Singh
Punjab Kings Squad – Previous Year
KL Rahul (Captain), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Mandeep Singh, Sarfaraz Khan, Deepak Hooda, Prabhsimran Singh, Mohammed Shami, Chris Jordan, Darshan Nalkande, Ravi Bishnoi, Murugan Ashwin, Arshdeep Singh, Harpreet Brar, Ishan Porel, Moises Henriques, Shahrukh Khan, Dawid Malan, Pratyush Singh, Jalaj Saxena, Nathan Ellis, Adil Rashid
IPL 2022 Auction Date
- The window for the 8 existing teams to retain the players will be from the 1st November 2021 to 30th November 2021.
- The 2 new IPL teams will have the window to retain the players starting from 1st December 2021 to 25th December 2021.
- Right after this retention window period, BCCI will organize the IPL 2022 Auction at the end of December or at the beginning of January 2022.
IPL 2022 Retention Rules
- A team is set to be allowed to keep up to three Indian(capped/uncapped) and two foreign players with the total number of retentions not exceeding four.
- It has clearly said that a team cannot keep more than two uncapped players.
- As per the conditions, the team management can either retain three Indian players and one overseas player or two Indian players and two overseas players.
- Two New IPL teams can pick any 2 Indian and 1 foreign player from the Mega auction pool before the start of the auction 2022.
- Also, new teams can pick only one uncapped player before the auction.
- There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
IPL 2022 Salary Cap
BCCI also explained the salary cap for the retained players based on the team’s decision of the number of players retention.
- If a team retains 4 players, Rs 42 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 3 players, Rs 33 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 2 players, Rs 24 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains only one player, it will lose Rs 14 crore from its purse value.
- Each uncapped player retained will cost Rs 4 crore each.
If a team retains 4 of its player then the salary cap of the four players will be as follows:
*below mentioned will be the player’s annual salary
|Deductions for 4 Players||INR 42 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 16 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 12 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 8 Cr|
|Player 4||INR 6 Cr|
If a team retains 3 of its player then the salary cap of the three players will be as follows:
|3 players deduction||INR 33 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 15 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 11 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 7 Cr|
If a team retains 2 of its player then the salary cap of the two players will be as follows:
|2 Players deduction||INR 24 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 14 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 10 Cr|
If a team keeps only one player, then the team has to pay a total of INR 14 crores
|1 Player deduction||INR 14 Cr|