IPL 2022 KKR Squad: The IPL 2021 runner-up Kolkata Knight Riders is one of the team with more young players who could lift the team to a new high.
KKR IPL 2022 Auction Stats
Varun Chakravarthy is one of the players KKR might target to retain ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auctions. While in 2020, the mystery spinner collected 17 wickets, he took 18 scalps in 2021. In both editions, the Tamil Nadu man’s economy has been under 7.
Venkatesh Iyer was the major difference for KKR between the first and the second phase. In the UAE, the 26-year-old scored 370 runs at the top of the order apart from collecting three wickets
Gill is likely to be retained by KKR. A young Indian opener, that too with the skill of Gill, will go for a huge amount at the auctions. KKR would rather retain him and give him more opportunities. It would not be a surprise if they hand him the captaincy duties, as well.
IPL 2022 KKR Auction Updates
- Kolkata Knight Riders are likely to retain their two all-rounders Sunil Narine and Andre Russell while they want to keep Varun Chakravarty too.
- It is learnt that KKR is still deciding on whether to retain Shubman Gill or Venkatesh Iyer.
IPL 2022 KKR Squad
New Players signed by KKR for IPL 2022
IPL 2022 KKR Squad: Apart from the Indian young players KKR might show some interest in retaining the Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins.
He picked seven wickets on his Test debut and topped the wicket-takers chart in his maiden Big Bash League, with 11 wickets at 14.09.
The bowler who was earlier part of the Kolkata Knight Riders squad was bought by the Delhi Capitals ahead of IPL 2017. He was the most expensive buy in the 2020 IPL auction, by KKR for a massive amount of 15.50 crores.
The pacer picked 12 wickets in 14 games that included a 4-wicket haul in the 2020 IPL season. He has had two good seasons and even scored runs with his bat as a lower-order batsman for the team. He could be the fourth retention for the team.
The West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell has been an x-factor for KKR for a while. Russell has won the game for franchise single-handedly in the past and has a huge ability to destroy the opponent’s bowling attack.
He is a great fielder too, with his added bowling abilities, KKR will surely want to take the services of the all-rounder in the future. He remained economical and picked up crucial wickets there for KKR.
He contains the power to not only smash a ton in the last 10 overs but can get crucial wickets by bowling at the death. He is regarded as one of the most ruthless finishers in the shortest format.
With a great strike rate of 178.57 and 72 wickets in his IPL career, Russel has been a reliable player for the team and KKR would surely like to continue with him.
Players retained by KKR in IPL 2022
IPL 2022 KKR Squad: Comparing other teams, KKR have to think more than twice about releasing the players from its campaign. If any of their key players get under the auction hammer then roping them back to the team will be a lot more difficult than the previous mega auction.
As 2 new IPL teams have been included in the auction, they will seek to build a better team to start their IPL 2022 campaign.
Following are the details of the possible KKR Retained Players 2022:
Set 1(Mostly Confirmed), 2 Indian players, with 2 foreign players:
|Venkatesh Iyer||All rounder|
|Venkatesh Iyer||All rounder|
|Andre Russell||All rounder|
|Venkatesh Iyer||All rounder|
If KKR decides to retain players in 2+2 format that is 2 Indian players with 2 foreign players then the following will be the possible IPL 2022 KKR retention:
KKR Released Players in IPL 2022 (Expected)
Apart from retaining the 4 players, KKR have to release all its remaining players ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction. Following are the expected players to be released by KKR ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction:
- Tim Seifert (wk)
- Rinku Singh
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Tim Southee
- Lockie Ferguson
- Kamlesh Nagarkoti
- Shivam Mavi
- Sandeep Warrier
- Prasidh Krishna
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Sheldon Jackson
- Vaibhav Arora
- Karun Nair
- Harbhajan Singh
- Ben Cutting
- Pawan Negi
Kolkata Knight Riders Squad – Previous Year
IPL 2022 KKR Squad: KKR squad for the IPL 2022 will be updated here once officially announced. Until then check out the previous year’s KKR squad:
Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Tim Seifert (wk), Rahul Tripathi, Rinku Singh, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Eoin Morgan (c), Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Varun CV, Kuldeep Yadav, Pat Cummins, Lockie Ferguson, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Sandeep Warrier, Prasidh Krishna, Shakib Al Hasan, Sheldon Jackson, Vaibhav Arora, Karun Nair, Harbhajan Singh, Ben Cutting, Venkatesh Iyer, Pawan Negi
IPL 2022 Auction Date
- The window for the 8 existing teams to retain the players will be from the 1st November 2021 to 30th November 2021.
- The 2 new IPL teams will have the window to retain the players starting from 1st December 2021 to 25th December 2021.
- Right after this retention window period, BCCI will organize the IPL 2022 Auction at the end of December or at the beginning of January 2022.
IPL 2022 Retention Rules
- A team is set to be allowed to keep up to three Indian(capped/uncapped) and two foreign players with the total number of retentions not exceeding four.
- It has clearly said that a team cannot keep more than two uncapped players.
- As per the conditions, the team management can either retain three Indian players and one overseas player or two Indian players and two overseas players.
- Two New IPL teams can pick any 2 Indian and 1 foreign player from the Mega auction pool before the start of the auction 2022.
- Also, new teams can pick only one uncapped player before the auction.
- There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
IPL 2022 Salary Cap
BCCI also explained the salary cap for the retained players based on the team’s decision of the number of players retention.
- If a team retains 4 players, Rs 42 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 3 players, Rs 33 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 2 players, Rs 24 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains only one player, it will lose Rs 14 crore from its purse value.
- Each uncapped player retained will cost Rs 4 crore each.
If a team retains 4 of its player then the salary cap of the four players will be as follows:
*below mentioned will be the player’s annual salary
|Deductions for 4 Players||INR 42 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 16 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 12 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 8 Cr|
|Player 4||INR 6 Cr|
If a team retains 3 of its player then the salary cap of the three players will be as follows:
|3 players deduction||INR 33 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 15 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 11 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 7 Cr|
If a team retains 2 of its player then the salary cap of the two players will be as follows:
|2 Players deduction||INR 24 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 14 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 10 Cr|
If a team keeps only one player, then the team has to pay a total of INR 14 crores
|1 Player deduction||INR 14 Cr|