Table of Contents
PAK vs IND Playing 11 for Asia Cup 2023 Super Fours: Pakistan and India were once again scheduled to lock their horns in Asia Cup 2023 to play the 3rd match of the Super Fours round on September 10 at R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.
Right after the Pakistan vs India group stage match ended with no result after the rain interrupted the game, ACC allocated a reserve day for today’s game. With rain expected on September 10 at R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, the board allocated September 11 as the reserve day for the game.
Match Key Highlights
- Pakistan have bowled out all three teams they have come across in this Asia Cup
- Babar Azam vs Kuldeep Yadav in ODIs reads: 35 balls, 18 runs, 2 dismissals
- Naseem Shah has never gone wicketless in his short 13-match ODI career
- Ishan Kishan has four consecutive 50-plus scores in ODIs. Among India batters, only Kohli, Tendulkar, Rahane and Rohit have more (five each), with Kohli having done so on three different occasions
- Virat Kohli averages nearly 105 across eight matches at RPS Colombo
Winning the toss, Pakistan decided to bowl first. Pakistan captain Babar Azam said “We will bowl first. I think there is a bit of moisture, we need to use that. Always, India Pakistan is high intensity, but we will take it match to match. As a team, we are playing well, we are focused on this one. No changes”.
Indian captain Rohit Sharma said “Looking to bat first. There will be a challenge upfront, but the way we guys batted last time around gives us confidence. Every game is important for us, but one thing at a time to focus on.
(On rain delays) That’s the nature of the sport, it gave us a good time to prepare and now we’ll look to play well. Two changes – Bumrah is back and one forced change, Shreyas Iyer just got a back spasm so KL Rahul comes in for him”.
PAK vs IND Playing 11 for Asia Cup 2023 Super Fours
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan(w), Agha Salman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj