Table of Contents
Mahipal Lomror Biography: Lomror got the limelight during the 2016 U19 World Cup that helped him witness the right amount of recognition for the young man as he got the right balance between bowling along with his slow bowling while also creating some valuable cameos towards the end of the innings.
Check Mahipal Lomror biography with his career path, records, stats, and Mahipal Lomror’s unknown facts:
Mahipal Lomror Biography – Overview
|Full Name||Mahipal Krishan Lomror|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1999|
|Birth Place||Nagaur, Rajasthan|
|Education||School: MK High School|
|College: M.D.S.U College, Ajmer|
|Mother – Not Known|
|Father – Krishan Kumar Lomror|
|Sisters – 2 (Name Not Known)|
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Teams Played||India U19, Delhi Capitals, Rajasthan, Central Zone, Jaipur Tigers, Rajasthan Royals, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|FC – Saurashtra vs Rajasthan at Vizianagaram – October 06 – 09, 2016|
|List A – Rajasthan vs M. Pradesh at Chennai – February 25, 2017|
|T20 – M. Pradesh vs Rajasthan at Jaipur – January 30, 2017|
|Test – Not Yet Played|
|ODI – Not Yet Played|
|T20I – Not Yet Played|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman – Adam Gilchrist
Bowler – Ravindra Jadeja, Daniel Vettori
Mahipal Lomror Early Life
- Mahipal was born on 16 November 1999, at Nagaur Rajasthan.
- Mahipal’s father Krishan Kumar Lomror is a clerk in a government office.
- At the age of six, he started playing cricket with a tennis ball in his village.
- Lomror shifted from Nagaur to Jaipur in 2011.
- Chandrakant Pandit, former Indian cricketer and Mumbai coach gave him the name ‘Junior Chris Gayle.’
Mahipal Lomror Domestic Career
- Mahipal made his first-class debut for Rajasthan in the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy on 6 October 2016 after playing the World cup.
- Prior to his debut, he was named in India’s squad for the 2016 Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- He made his Twenty20 debut for Rajasthan in the 2016–17 Inter-State Twenty-20 Tournament on 30 January 2017.
- He made his List A debut for Rajasthan in the 2016–17 Vijay Hazare Trophy on 25 February 2017.
- He was the joint-leading wicket-taker for Rajasthan in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy, with 13 dismissals in six matches.
- In August 2019, he was named in the India Red team’s squad for the 2019–20 Duleep Trophy.
- In Ranji Trophy 2021-22, Mahipal Lomror was named in the Rajasthan squad.
- In the first match against Andhra, Mahipal Lomror scored 32 runs from 67 balls and went wicketless on bowling an over where he spilled 5 runs. Rajasthan won the match by 158 runs.
- In the second match against Uttarkhand, Mahipal Lomror scored 1 and 0 runs in the first and second innings of the match respectively. He also went wicketless in bowling and spilled 27 runs.
View this post on Instagram
Mahipal Lomror IPL Career
- Delhi Daredevils purchased him for INR 10 lakh in the 2016 IPL auction.
- In January 2018, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals in the 2018 IPL auction.
- Mahipal Lomror made his IPL debut against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, on April 29, 2018.
- On his debut match, he scored 11 runs and went wicket less on bowling single over where he spills 8 runs. Notably, SRH won the match by 11 runs.
- While he featured only in only two games in IPL 2019, Rajasthan Royals retained the youngster for the IPL 2020.
- In February 2022, he was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL 2022 mega auction for a price of INR 95 Lakhs.
Mahipal Lomror World Cup Career
- Mahipal Lomror was named in the ICC U19 World Cup 2016 where Ishan Kishan led the Indian cricket.
- In the match against New Zealand U-19, Mahipal Lomror scored 45 and finished with bowling figures of 5/47.
- Lomror’s 21-ball 41 in the quarterfinal against Namibia U-19 helped India post a huge total of 349 in 50 overs.
- India were defeated in the final match against West Indies U19 by 5 wickets and loses the trophy.
- He was the only Indian bowler to achieve a five-wicket haul in the tournament.
Mahipal Lomror Records
- In the Under-19 World Cup, he took 4 wickets for 10 runs in five overs against England in Sri Lanka, after two months, Delhi Daredevils purchased him for ₹10 lakh in the 2016 IPL auction.
- Mahipal Lomror was the joint-leading wicket-taker for Rajasthan in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy, with 13 dismissals in six matches.
Mahipal Lomror Unknown Facts
- His Favorite film is Bhag Milkha Bhag.
- Mahipal is a huge fan of Adam Gilchrist‘s explosive style of batting.
- He had cows at his home and liked to drink their milk in his childhood.
- In T20 cricket, Lomror is called Junior Gayle because he specializes in long sixes.
- Mahipal Lomror was actually a pure batsman initially before converting into a batting all-rounder.
Mahipal Lomror Batting Stats
Mahipal Lomror Bowling stats