Table of Contents
Anuj Rawat Biography: Anuj Rawat was born on October 17, 1999 in Ram Nagar, Uttarakhand. Playing as a wicketkeeper-batsman Anuj Rawat made his first-class debut against Assam and played an inspiring knock of 71 on his debut innings.
As of many where parents’ dreams were achieved by their children, Anuj too had the same story. His father had a dream of becoming a cricketer when he was in his childhood. Which he later achieved through his son who was a part of the ICC U19 Asia Cup 2018 winning team.
Check Anuj Rawat’s Biography along with his cricket journey, detailed cricket career, his interesting facts, and stats:
Anuj Rawat Biography – Overview
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1999|
|Hometown||Ram Nagar, Uttarakhand|
|Father – Virendra Pal Singh Rawat|
|Mother – Name Not Known|
|Brother – Prashant Rawat|
|Sister – Name Not Known|
|School – Bal Bhavan International School|
|College – The University of Delhi|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Not Available|
|Teams Played||Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals, India Under-19, Delhi|
|FC – Assam vs Delhi at Delhi – October 06 – 09, 2017|
|List A – Delhi vs Baroda at Vadodara – October 04, 2019|
|T20 – Jharkhand vs Delhi at Mulapadu – February 21, 2019|
|ODI – Not Yet Played|
|Test – Not Yet Played|
|T20I – Not Yet Played|
|IPL Debut||Rajasthan Royals – IPL 2021 RR vs SRH at Arun Jaitley Stadium, May 02, 2021|
|Favourite Player||Adam Gilchrist, Virat Kohli|
Anuj Rawat Early Life
- Anuj Rawat was born on October 17, 1999, in Nainital – Uttarakhand.
- With not many facilities in Uttarakhand at that time, Anuj’s father, who always wanted his son to become a wicketkeeper-batsman, sent him to Delhi in 2011.
- Anuj Rawat cleared the trails and made it to the Delhi Junior Team in the meeting of the Junior Selection Committee for U-19 held at Ferozshah Kotla Ground, New Delhi.
- Anuj made his first-class debut in 2017.
- Anuj Rawat used to stay with his brother in a rented flat in Uttam Nagar in Delhi.
- In an interview in August 2020, Anuj claims that his cousin brother Rakesh also played a big part in shaping his career.
- During the COVID19 pandemic, Anuj Rawat used to wake up early in the morning to avoid social contact and goes to West Delhi cricket Academy or his school ground for regular practice.
Anuj Rawat Career
- On 6 October 2017, Anuj Rawat made his first-class debut for Delhi against Assam in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy.
- Anuj made his first-class debut under Ishant Sharma’s captaincy for Delhi.
- He featured in the eleven which also had players like Gautam Gambhir, Ishant Sharma, Navdeep Saini, Nitish Rana, and Unmukt Chand.
- He scored 71 and 13 runs in the two innings of the match. He also managed to take two scalps(both are catch dismissal) behind the stumps. Notably, the match ended in a draw.
- In Delhi’s second match, he featured against Railways and scored 74 in the first innings where Delhi won the game by an innings and 105 runs. Rawat dismissed Anureet Singh via stumping while standing behind the stump and opened his stumping dismissal account.
- In the match against Maharashtra, Anuj Rawat opened the innings with Gautam Gambhir and scored 20 runs whereas Delhi won the game by an innings and 61 runs.
- He ended the innings with 6 dismissals(4 catches and 2 stumps) in the 4 innings he featured.
- On 21 February 2019, Anuj made his Twenty20 debut for Delhi against Jharkhand in the 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- Though he featured in the playing 11 from the first match he got a chance to play in Delhi’s 3rd match which is against Jammu and Kashmir. He scored 45 runs off 36 balls where Delhi won the game by 4 wickets with a ball remaining.
- Anuj Rawat ended the innings with 47 runs and 4 dismissals(3 catches and 1 stump) from the 6 matches he featured.
- He made his List A debut on 4 October 2019, for Delhi against Baroda in the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- In his debut match, Anuj Rawat scored 21 runs off 39 balls where Delhi won the game by 10 runs.
- In the next match against Uttar Pradesh, Anuj scored 23 runs off 32 balls where Delhi lost the match by 50 wickets.
- In the followed match against Odisa, Anuj Rawat scored 69 runs where Delhi won by 63 runs. Notably, Anuj’s 69 is the team’s individual highest run.
- In the match against Vidarbha, Anuj scored 54 runs from 84 deliveries but his struggled half-century went useless as the team lost the match by 5 wickets.
- In the match against Haryana, Anuj Rawat scored 56 runs and helped the team to beat Haryana by 7 wickets with 117 balls remaining.
- Anuj ended the tournament with 250 runs at an average of 35.71 and 14 dismissals under his belt among those 10 came from catches and the remaining 4 came from stumping.
View this post on Instagram
- Anuj Rawat was a part of the Indian U19 team that won the Asia Cup 2018.
- Anuj Rawat was added in the playing 11 in India’s second match of the tournament. Anuj opened the innings against UAE and scored 102 runs and makes a 205 runs partnership with Devdutt Padikkal who scored 121 runs. India won the match by 227 runs.
- In the followed match Anuj Rawat failed to score and return to Pavillion after dismissing in the very second ball of the innings.
- In the match against Bangladesh U19, Anuj scored 35 runs off 61 deliveries where India won by just 2 runs in a thrilling last run out dismissal by Ayush Badoni.
- In the final match against Sri Lanka, Anuj Rawat opened the innings with Yashasvi Jaiswal and scored a 121 runs partnership where Jaiswal scored 85 runs while Anuj scored 57 runs.
- India won the match by 144 runs and lifts the trophy for the 5th time(without including the 2012 tournament where India and Pakistan shared the trophy after the match tied).
- In December 2019, during the IPL 2020 auction, Anuj Rawat was bought by the Rajasthan Royals for INR 80 Lakhs.
- Anuj Rawat remains as a part of the Rajasthan Royals for the IPL 2021 season.
- Ahead of IPL 2022, as per IPL rules, Rajasthan Royals releases Anuj Rawat.
- In February 2022, Anuj Rawat was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL 2022 mega auction for INR 3.40 crores.
Anuj Rawat Interesting Facts
- Anuj Rawat captained the India U19 team in 2 matches series in 2018 against Sri Lanka.
Anuj Rawat Social Media Profile
Anuj Rawat Batting Stats
Anuj Rawat Bowling Stats