Who is Mr. Nags in RCB?: As an IPL fan that too particularly as an RCB fan everyone at least for once you would come across the name “Mr. Nags”. Mr. Nags from RCB is the person who never fails to entertain fans during the IPL seasons.
Everyone suddenly thinks “Ohh I Never Heard of such a cricketer”, for them the answer is “he is not a cricketer to entertain on the field, he is an insider of the RCB”.
Apart from the players, every team would have a bunch of supporting staff and many other departments within them.
But the Bangalore-based franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB) moves a step ahead and includes a person to keep the RCB family entertained through their every IPL journey.
The RCB franchise officially named him as “Mr. Nags” whose real name is Danish Sait, who is an Indian stand-up comedian, television host, radio jockey, actor, and writer who works in Kannada cinema.
Mr. Nags Family
- Mr. Nags real name is Danish Sait born on 1 July 1987.
- His sister Kubbra Sait is an actress while his uncle Tanveer Sait is a politician.
- His grandfather, Azeez Sait, was a minister in Karnataka.
- He got married to Anya Rangaswamy on June 10, 2021.
Mr. Nags Carrier
- In 2009, Danish joined 104.2 FM Radio in Bahrain as a radio jockey.
- After working in 104.2 FM for a while, Danish switched to 105.4 Radio spice in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- In 2013, he joined Fever 104 FM and started hosting the show “Supari”. The show became an instant hit and made Sait popular.
- He, then, joined a Bangalore-based comedy group, The Improv and started doing stand-up comedy.
- In 2014, Danish hosted the Wow Awards on Zoom TV.
- Thereafter, he has hosted many sports events, like “Pro Kabaddi League,” “Cricket World Cup,” and “The RCB Insider Series”.
- Sait started his acting career in 2018 with the Kannada movie Humble Politician Nograj.
- In 2020, he made his digital media debut with the web series Afsos as a tourist in Mumbai.
How did Mr. Nags join RCB?
To say in a single word the whole incident took place after his 2015 ICC World Cup Australia tour.
Star Sports, India’s biggest sports broadcaster, had taken Danish to Australia for the 2015 ICC World Cup, hoping to replicate his radio success on television. However, things did not go as per the plan as Danish felt the whole experience was not a successful one.
“Personally, I don’t think I was utilized as well as I could have been. I gave them that feedback. In a nutshell, it was a great experience to be around world-class players at the biggest stage,” Danish said.
However, the experience in Australia helped him to make the RCB Insider a successful show.
When Royal Challengers Bangalore approached him for his services for the RCB Insider show in after the World Cup, Danish told them: “access to players will make the RCB Insider a hit.”
“There are no two ways about it. The experience I had at the 2015 World Cup helped me with RCB Insider. RCB Insider was a success in the first season and the next year I took to another level as the team was also doing well,” he stressed.
“This year, the team did not do well. A lot of people have still turned around and praised for the work I did, including one of them from RCB management.”
Famous Videos of Mr. Nags
Mr. Nags Makes Virat Kohli to lose His Temper
The famous video released in 2015 when Mr. Nags first joins with the RCB family. In the video, Virat Kohli has seen annoyed when Mr. Nags comes late for his boarding to the flight. The video crossed over 5.4 million views on the Youtube Channel.
Mr. Nags with Yuzvendra Chahal
The video of Mr. Nags with Mr. and Mrs. Chahal crosses over 3.4 million views on the Royal Challengers Bangalore Youtube Channel.
Virat Kohli birthday celebration
One of the top of the list is when he joins the celebration party of the RCB franchise Virat Kohli’s birthday party on a yacht during IPL 2020 in UAE.
RCB Insider with Mr. Nags: Virat Kohli’s birthday
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) November 5, 2020
Mr. Nags Travelling to Dubai with RCB
When BCCi decides to shift the Indian Premier League to UAE owing to the rapid spread of COVID19 in India, RCB didn’t fail to carry their entertainment with them. Mr. Nags accompanied the franchise to the UAE.
Virat Kohli and Mr. Nags banter
During the IPL 2021, RCB holds the top position in the IPL Points table before the match postponed to increase in COVID19 cases inside the bio bubble.
In IPL 2021 BCCI announces the schedule where teams won’t play in their home ground. According to which each team with competite in their away grounds.
Following that RCB after tasting a hat trick victory in Chennai moved to Mumbai to continue their league matches.
On their way to Mumbai, RCB had their presenter Mr. Nags on the flight to keep the players entertained with his funny antics.
Mr. Nags started by taking a dig at Kohli’s habit of ‘getting fined regularly‘ for the team’s slow over rates before making a funny announcement involving the likes of AB de Villiers, Glenn Maxwell, and Harshal Patel among others.
“This flight time is 90 minutes. If we take more time than that, our captain will be fined. And he is used to it,” said the RCB presenter making a reference to Kohli getting fined for slow over rates.
“In case of an emergency, please don’t only depend on AB (de Villiers). You also do something. Helping you today is (Glenn) Maxwell, Shahbaz (Ahmed), and Harshal (Patel). I am sure they could also do with some help. So kindly, in Mumbai do that,” he announced.
Mr. Nags then went on to offer a hilarious suggestion to Kohli, urging the RCB skipper to travel back to Bengaluru instead of Mumbai and end the ongoing IPL 2021 immediately with RCB on top of the rankings. He said RCB are not used to the no.1 position on the table.
“Virat, let’s go to Bengaluru. We are No. 1. Let’s leave it, finish it. This doesn’t happen to us always, leave it,” said Mr.Nags.
Amused by his suggestion, Kohli responds by saying that the RCB presenter should be thrown out of the flight. “Just throw him from (the) flight,” Kohli responded.
RCB Insider: Travel Diaries with Nags
After ticking the right boxes in Chennai, Team RCB had to fly to Mumbai for the next leg of #IPL2021. Mr. Nags, however, had different ideas…
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) April 20, 2021
Mr. Nags Movies
- He made his film debut with the Kannada movie Humble Politician Nograj in 2018 and portrayed the titular character in the film in addition to co-writing the film with director Saad Khan.
- The film released to positive reviews with one critic stating that “Danish Sait never fails to draw the audience, irrespective of where and how he plans to entertain. What is appealing is that he remains true to the character of Nograj “.
- In 2020, he starred in the Hindi-language web series Afsos as a tourist in Mumbai.
- That same year, he starred in the comedy French Biriyani as an auto driver along with Sal Yusuf, whom he worked with in The Improv. In the film, he reprised the role of Asgar from his prank calls.
- He is set to star in 777 Charlie alongside Rakshit Shetty.
Mr. Nags Awards
- Outlook social media award for “Breakout Star of the Year“(2018).
- Wow Awards Asia for “Best Master of Ceremonies for Corporate and Lifestyle Events – Male(2018)”.
- 8th south Indian National Movie Award for “Best Debutant Actor” for the film Humble Politician Nograj (2019).