The IPL 2021 points table will be updated once the league match has started. The IPL 2021 is rumored to start from April 11, 2021.
In IPL 2021 eight teams will participate Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Delhi Capitals (DC), Mumbai Indians (MI), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), Punjab Kings(PK), Rajasthan Royals (RR), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) – are clashing with one another in one home and one away match each.
Each Team will play 14 matches with each other and after completing all the 14 matches of all teams the Top 4 IPL teams will qualify for IPL 2021 Playoff/Qualifiers.
Excited for IPL 2021? Check the IPL 2021 Schedule
IPL Rules For Points Table
During the league stage, two points are awarded to a side for a win and one in case of a washout.
- For a Win, the winning team gets 2 points
- In case of match abandoned or ends abruptly or No Result, each team will be awarded 1 point.
- In case of loss, the defeated team get 0 points
In the case of a tie, in the IPL score table, the following points will be taken into consideration.
- Team with a higher number of points
- If points are equal, the higher number of team wins will be considered
- If still, the points are equal, the net run rate is seen
- If still there is a tie, the team with the lower bowling strike rate will be considered
- If still there is equality, it results in a head to head meeting.
Qualification to IPL playoffs
First of all, the league stage itself determines the teams qualifying for the IPL playoffs. The top four teams from the points table qualify for the IPL playoffs. That is after each team has played 14 games apiece – the four teams at the top of the points table will qualify for the playoffs.
In case two teams end their 14 games with the same number of points, then the team with the better run-rate will qualify.
IPL Playoff Formats
The first Qualifier will be played between the top two teams in the points table. The winner of qualifier 1 will bags the spot for the finals of the season.
The Eliminator is played between teams who finish at the third and fourth position in the points table. The winner of this match goes into Qualifier 2.
Qualifier 2: The loser of Qualifier 1 and the winner of the Eliminator play this game. The team winning this game moves into the final.
IPL Finals will be played between the winner of Qualifier 1 and the winner of Qualifier 2.
IPL 2021 Points table
Chennai Super Kings
Kolkata Knight Riders
Royal Challengers Bangalore