IPL 2022 RCB Squad: Royal Challengers Bangalore who still waits to lift their maiden IPL trophy needs to focus on building a strong team as the team will play under a new skipper from IPL 2022.
Virat Kohli led RCB since IPL 2013 has played 140 matches as RCB skipper and won 66 matches with a win rate of 48.52%.
RCB’s year-wise position in IPL table during Kohli’s captaincy
- 2013 5th place
- 2014 7th place
- 2015 3rd place
- 2016 Runner up
- 2017 8th place
- 2018 6th place
- 2019 8th place
- 2020 4th place
- 2021 4th place
RCB IPL 2022 Auction Stats
- The retention of RCB likely to be Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Devdutt Padikkal, and Yuzi Chahal or Mohammed Siraj.
- Royal Challengers Banglore set to retain Virat Kohli and Glenn Maxwell ahead of IPL 2022. As ABD announces his retirement from all forms of cricket RCB might try to retain KS Bharat for his wicketkeeper cum batter role.
- AB De Villiers announces retirement from all forms of cricket.
- RCB appoints Sanjay Bangar as the RCB head coach for the next 2 years.
One of the RCB’s star performers Virat Kohli who leads the RCB till IPL 2021 will step down as captain and will continue to play for RCB in the upcoming seasons. In the absence of Virat Kohli, RCB will seek for a new skipper who can lift the first trophy for them.
The captain in Kohli may face criticism but Virat Kohli has multiple records as a player in IPL tournaments. Check out Virat Kohli’s records in IPL so far.
RCB had a strong bowling unit in IPL 2021 where RCB’s Harshal Patel won the Purple Cap and even become one of the players to bag 32 wickets(which is the highest in an IPL season) after CSK’s Bravo.
IPL 2022 RCB Squad
The RCB squad for the IPL 2022 will be updated here right after the IPL 2022 Mega Auction. Stay tuned for regular updates!!!
New Players signed by RCB for IPL 2022
KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer are the hot contenders to take up the vacant position. During Kohli’s tenure, RCB failed to break their title drought. That looks to be the big reason behind Kohli’s decision to step down as captain.
With a new captain in place and the mega auction also due, it would be a new-look RCB that would take the field next season. Fans would hope it is a successful transition. Both Rahul and Iyer have prior experience in leading IPL sides. Both the India stars have not won the coveted crown and would hope to help RCB win it.
Despite Rahul’s superb form with the bat, Punjab Kings have not won the title. The same is the case with Iyer. He led the Delhi franchise to their first-ever final in 13 years in the 2020 edition but an unfortunate injury before IPL 2021 and meant he wasn’t part of India’s T20 World Cup squad.
For Iyer, it would be a big boost for his career to work alongside Kohli at RCB. It would help Iyer grow as a cricketer. It would be interesting to see who takes over the captaincy from Kohli.
And moreover, these two players might be released by their respective franchises ahead of IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
Players retained by RCB in IPL 2022
IPL 2022 RCB Squad:
RCB will retain Virat Kohli not as a skipper but as a successful player who leads the list of most runs in IPL history and remains as the person to score most runs(973) in a single IPL season.
Harshal Patel, who won the Purple Cap in IPL 2021 will be the next player to retain by the RCB in IPL 2022 Mega Auction. Other than these two Indian players Devdutt Padikkal the opener who scored back to back 400+ runs in his last IPL seasons will be the third retaining option for RCB.
RCB will keen to pick a finisher cum foreign player AB de Villiers in IPL 2022 mega auction to strengthen their middle order.
Following are the details of the possible RCB Retained Players 2022:
Set 1(Mostly Confirmed)
|Mohammed Siraj/Yuzi Chahal||Bowler|
If RCB skips Devdutt Padikkal, KS Bharat will be the player to be retained by RCB in IPL 2022 Auction. KS Bharat making his debut in IPL 2021 scored 191 runs from playing 8 matches with a strike rate of 122.43.
Yuzvendra Chahal, the remarkable spinner who helps the team in tough situations will be the choice of retention if RCB decides to fill the space with a bowler.
On the other hand, if RCB releases Glenn MAxwell and looks to strengthen the bowling unit with a foreign player then Kyle Jamieson is the player to look for.
Once RCB decides to fill the foreign position with an allrounder role then Maxwell will be the only option for RCB. Notably, Maxwell scored 513 runs with 3 wickets in IPL 2021.
If RCB decides to retain players in 2+2 format that is 2 Indian players with 2 foreign players then the following will be the possible IPL 2022 RCB retention:
If RCB decides to retain 2 Indian players with 2 foreign players then Maxwell will be the one of the foreign players retaining options while Virat Kohli will be the one among the two Indian players.
If RCB needs a batsman then Padikkal will be the player to be retained.
Following are the possible player to retain by RCB in IPL 2022 if they release Maxwell:
|Wanindu Hasaranga||All Rounder|
|Glenn Maxwell||All Rounder|
Following are the possible player to retain by RCB in IPL 2022 if they release Maxwell, and Harshal Patel.
Following are the possible player to retain by RCB in IPL 2022 if they release Adam Zampa and Siraj.
RCB Released Players in IPL 2022 (Expected)
Apart from the retained players RCB will release all the remaining capped and uncapped players and will purchase the needed player in the IPL 2022 Auction. The following players are expected to release from the RCB franchise in IPL 2022 Auction.
- Sachin Baby
- Rajat Patidar
- Mohammed Azharudeen
- Suyash Prabhudesai
- Aaron Finch
- George Garton
- Akash Deep
- Navdeep Saini
- Dushmantha Chameera
- Tim David
- Pavan Deshpande (uncapped)
- Shahbaz Ahmad (uncapped)
- Wanindu Hasaranga
- Dan Christian
- Ab de Villiers
Royal Challengers Bangalore Squad – Previous Year
IPL 2022 RCB Squad: RCB squad for the IPL 2022 will be updated here once officially announced. Until then check out the previous year’s RCB squad:
Virat Kohli (c), Devdutt Padikkal, Finn Allen (wk), AB de Villiers (wk), Pavan Deshpande, Washington Sundar, Daniel Sams, Yuzvendra Chahal, Adam Zampa, Shahbaz Ahmed, Mohammed Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Kane Richardson, Tim David, Harshal Patel, Glenn Maxwell, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, Mohammed Azharuddeen, Kyle Jamieson, Daniel Christian, Suyash Prabhudessai, K.S. Bharat
IPL 2022 Auction Date
- The window for the 8 existing teams to retain the players will be from the 1st November 2021 to 30th November 2021.
- The 2 new IPL teams will have the window to retain the players starting from 1st December 2021 to 25th December 2021.
- Right after this retention window period, BCCI will organize the IPL 2022 Auction at the end of December or at the beginning of January 2022.
IPL 2022 Retention Rules
- A team is set to be allowed to keep up to three Indian(capped/uncapped) and two foreign players with the total number of retentions not exceeding four.
- It has clearly said that a team cannot keep more than two uncapped players.
- As per the conditions, the team management can either retain three Indian players and one overseas player or two Indian players and two overseas players.
- Two New IPL teams can pick any 2 Indian and 1 foreign player from the Mega auction pool before the start of the auction 2022.
- Also, new teams can pick only one uncapped player before the auction.
- There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
IPL 2022 Salary Cap
BCCI also explained the salary cap for the retained players based on the team’s decision of the number of players retention.
- If a team retains 4 players, Rs 42 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 3 players, Rs 33 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 2 players, Rs 24 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains only one player, it will lose Rs 14 crore from its purse value.
- Each uncapped player retained will cost Rs 4 crore each.
If a team retains 4 of its player then the salary cap of the four players will be as follows:
*below mentioned will be the player’s annual salary
|Deductions for 4 Players||INR 42 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 16 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 12 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 8 Cr|
|Player 4||INR 6 Cr|
If a team retains 3 of its player then the salary cap of the three players will be as follows:
|3 players deduction||INR 33 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 15 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 11 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 7 Cr|
If a team retains 2 of its player then the salary cap of the two players will be as follows:
|2 Players deduction||INR 24 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 14 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 10 Cr|
If a team keeps only one player, then the team has to pay a total of INR 14 crores
|1 Player deduction||INR 14 Cr|