PBKS Retained and Released Players 2022: Punjab Kings – one of the teams who still wait to lift their maiden IPL trophy needs to focus on building a strong team than ever before in order to make their dream come true.
After BCCI’s announcement of IPL 2022 Mega Auction retaining rules, fans get crazy about the probable players that every team might retain prior to the mega auction event.
BCCI plans to organize the mega auction in December 2021. Still, the exact date has not yet been revealed by officials. The date for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction event will be updated in IPL 2022 Mega Auction updates post where you can find all latest IPL 2022 Mega Auction news.
BCCI plans to organize a mega auction for the IPL 2022 once after they plan to include two new teams in the IPL 2022 tournament. The auction for the two new IPL teams has been held on October 25, in Dubai.
Read -> IPL 2022 PBKS Squad For Punjab Kings Final Squad.
PBKS Retained and Released Players 2022
PBKS retained just 2 players out of 4 players’ options. Mayank Agarwal and Arshdeep Singh were retained by the PBKS ahead of PL 2022 Mega Auction.
Following are the details of the PBKS Retained Players 2022:
|Mayank Agarwal(Player No: 1)||Batsman|
|Arshdeep Singh(Player No: 4)||Bowler|
PBKS Purse Value for IPL 2022 Mega Auction
Following are the details of the purse value of PBKS post the IPL 2022 player’s retention:
|Punjab Kings||72 CR||2|
IPL 2021 Punjab Kings skipper KL Rahul who has been in tremendous form with the bat will not be a part of the Punjab franchise in IPL 2022.
Confirming this Punjab Kings Co-owner says “There are many players apart from KL Rahul, firstly. One player does not make up a team, I’ve always said that. Any team that hinges too much on one player, that does prove beyond a point liability”.
If Punjab Kings releases KL Rahul there is a huge chance for him to be roped by any of the new IPL teams as their skipper in the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
IPL 2022 Retention Rules
- A team is set to be allowed to keep up to three Indian(capped/uncapped) and two foreign players with the total number of retentions not exceeding four.
- It has clearly said that a team cannot keep more than two uncapped players.
- As per the conditions, the team management can either retain three Indian players and one overseas player or two Indian players and two overseas players.
- Two New IPL teams can pick any 2 Indian and 1 foreign player from the Mega auction pool before the start of the auction 2022.
- Also, new teams can pick only one uncapped player before the auction.
- There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
PBKS Released Players in IPL 2022
Apart from retaining the 4 players, PBKS have to release all its remaining players ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction. Following are the expected players to be released by PBKS ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction:
- KL Rahul (C)
- Nicholas Pooran
- Chris Gayle
- Deepak Hooda
- Mandeep Singh
- Darshan Nalkande
- Prabhsimran Singh
- Sarfaraz Khan
- M Ashwin
- Ishan Porel
- Chris Jordan
- Jhye Richardson
- Riley Meredith
- Moises Henriques
- Dawid Malan
- Fabian Allen
- Jalaj Saxena
- Saurabh Kumar
- Utkarsh Singh