Table of Contents
IPL 2022 RR Squad: The inaugural edition winner of the Indian Premier League still waits to lift their second trophy. Rajasthan Royals beats Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2008 finals and lift their maiden IPL trophy under Shane Warne’s captaincy.
Since then RR struggles to lift the IPL trophy. Rajasthan Royals is the only active team that doesn’t have the runner-up title. All other teams who fail to lift their maiden trophy have at least once been in the finals of the IPL and ended up as runner-up.
Catch all live IPL 2022 Auction updates by clicking –> here
IPL 2022 RR Squad
|Yashasvi Jaiswal||Batsman||INR 4 Crores(Retained)||India|
|Karun Nair||Batsman||INR 1.40 Crores||India|
|Rassie van der Dussen||Batsman||INR 1 Crore||South Africa|
|Devdutt Padikkal||Batsman||INR 7.75 Crores||India|
|Shimron Hetmyer||Batsman||INR 8.50 Crores||West Indies|
|Sanju Samson (c&wk)||WK-Batsman||INR 14 Cr(Retained)||India|
|Jos Buttler (wk)||WK-Batsman||INR 10 Cr(Retained)||England|
|Dhruv Jurel (wk)||WK-Batsman||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|Shubham Garhwal||Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|Kuldip Yadav||Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|Corbin Bosch||Bowler||INR 20 lakh||South Africa|
|Navdeep Saini||Bowler||INR 2.60 Crores||India|
|Kuldeep Sen||Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|Obed McCoy||Bowler||INR 75 Lakhs||West Indies|
|Tejas Baroka||Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|KC Kariappa||Bowler||INR 30 Lakhs||India|
|Yuzvendra Chahal||Bowler||INR 6.50 Crores||India|
|Prasidh Krishna||Bowler||INR 10 Crores||India|
|Trent Boult||Bowler||INR 8 Crores||New Zealand|
|Anunay Singh||All-rounder||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|James Neesham||All-rounder||INR 1.50 Crores||New Zealand|
|Daryl Mitchell||All-rounder||INR 75 Lakhs||New Zealand|
|Riyan Parag||All-rounder||INR 3.80 Crores||India|
|Ravichandran Ashwin||All-rounder||INR 5 Crores||India|
IPL 2022 RR Indian Players
|Yashasvi Jaiswal||Batsman||INR 4 Crores(Retained)|
|Karun Nair||Batsman||INR 1.40 Crores|
|Batsman||INR 7.75 Crores|
Sanju Samson (c&wk)
INR 14 Cr(Retained)
|Dhruv Jurel (wk)||WK-Batsman||INR 20 Lakhs|
|Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs|
|Kuldip Yadav||Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs|
|Navdeep Saini||Bowler||INR 2.60 Crores|
|Kuldeep Sen||Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs|
|Tejas Baroka||Bowler||INR 20 Lakhs|
|KC Kariappa||Bowler||INR 30 Lakhs|
|Bowler||INR 6.50 Crores|
|Prasidh Krishna||Bowler||INR 10 Crores|
|Anunay Singh||All-rounder||INR 20 Lakhs|
|Riyan Parag||All-rounder||INR 3.80 Crores|
|All-rounder||INR 5 Crores|
IPL 2022 RR Overseas Player
Rassie van der Dussen
|Batsman||INR 1 Crore|
|Batsman||INR 8.50 Crores|
|Jos Buttler (wk)||WK-Batsman||
INR 10 Cr(Retained)
|Corbin Bosch||Bowler||INR 20 lakh|
|Obed McCoy||Bowler||INR 75 Lakhs|
|Trent Boult||Bowler||INR 8 Crores|
|James Neesham||All-rounder||INR 1.50 Crores|
|Daryl Mitchell||All-rounder||INR 75 Lakhs|
IPL 2022 RR Batsmen
|Yashasvi Jaiswal||INR 4 Crores||India|
|Karun Nair||INR 1.40 Crores||India|
|Rassie van der Dussen||INR 1 Crore||South Africa|
|Devdutt Padikkal||INR 7.75 Crores||India|
|Shimron Hetmyer||INR 8.50 Crores||West Indies|
|Sanju Samson (c&wk)||INR 14 Cr(Retained)||India|
|Jos Buttler (wk)||INR 10 Cr(Retained)||England|
|Dhruv Jurel (wk)||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
IPL 2022 RR Bowlers
|Shubham Garhwal||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|Kuldip Yadav||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|Corbin Bosch||INR 20 Lakhs||South Africa|
|Navdeep Saini||INR 2.60 Crores||India|
|Kuldeep Sen||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|Obed McCoy||INR 75 Lakhs||West Indies|
|Tejas Baroka||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|KC Kariappa||INR 30 Lakhs||India|
|Yuzvendra Chahal||INR 6.50 Crores||India|
|Prasidh Krishna||INR 10 Crores||India|
|Trent Boult||INR 8 Crores||New Zealand|
IPL 2022 RR All-rounders
|Anunay Singh||INR 20 Lakhs||India|
|INR 1.50 Crores||New Zealand|
|Daryl Mitchell||INR 75 Lakhs||New Zealand|
|Riyan Parag||INR 3.80 Crores||India|
|INR 5 Crores||India|
IPL 2022 Retained Players List – RR
Following are the details of the RR Retained Players 2022:
Wicket keeper batsman
|Jos Buttler||Wicket keeper batsman|
RR Purse Value for IPL 2022 Mega Auction
Following are the details of the purse value of RR post the IPL 2022 player’s retention:
|Team||Purse Reaming||Total Players|
|Rajasthan Royals||2.75 CR||24|
New Players signed by RR for IPL 2022
R. Ashwin, Trent Boult, Shimron Hetmyer, Devdutt Padikkal, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Riyan Parag, KC Cariappa, Navdeep Saini, Obed McCoy, Arunay Singh, Kuldeep Sen, Karun Nair, Dhruv Jurel, Tejas Baroka, Kuldip Yadav, Shubham Garhwal, Daryl Mitchell, Rassie Van Der Dussen, Corbin Bosch, James Neesham
IPL 2022 RR Squad
IPL 2022 RR squad: Sanju Samson, Jos Buttler, Yashasvi Jaiswal, R. Ashwin, Trent Boult, Shimron Hetmyer, Devdutt Padikkal, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Riyan Parag, KC Cariappa, Navdeep Saini, Obed McCoy, Arunay Singh, Kuldeep Sen, Karun Nair, Dhruv Jurel, Tejas Baroka, Kuldip Yadav, Shubham Garhwal, Daryl Mitchell, Rassie Van Der Dussen, Corbin Bosch, James Neesham
IPL 2022 Auction Date
- BCCI decides to host the IPL 2022 mega auction on February 12 and 13 in Bangalore.
- The window for the 8 existing teams to retain the players will be from the 1st November 2021 to 30th November 2021.
- The 2 new IPL teams will have the window to retain the players starting from 1st December 2021 to 25th December 2021.
- Right after this retention window period, BCCI will organize the IPL 2022 Auction at the end of December or at the beginning of January 2022.
IPL 2022 Retention Rules
- A team is set to be allowed to keep up to three Indian(capped/uncapped) and two foreign players with the total number of retentions not exceeding four.
- It has clearly said that a team cannot keep more than two uncapped players.
- As per the conditions, the team management can either retain three Indian players and one overseas player or two Indian players and two overseas players.
- Two New IPL teams can pick any 2 Indian and 1 foreign player from the Mega auction pool before the start of the auction 2022.
- Also, new teams can pick only one uncapped player before the auction.
- There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
IPL 2022 Salary Cap
BCCI also explained the salary cap for the retained players based on the team’s decision of the number of players retention.
- If a team retains 4 players, Rs 42 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 3 players, Rs 33 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 2 players, Rs 24 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains only one player, it will lose Rs 14 crore from its purse value.
- Each uncapped player retained will cost Rs 4 crore each.
If a team retains 4 of its player then the salary cap of the four players will be as follows:
*below mentioned will be the player’s annual salary
|Deductions for 4 Players||INR 42 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 16 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 12 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 8 Cr|
|Player 4||INR 6 Cr|
If a team retains 3 of its player then the salary cap of the three players will be as follows:
|3 players deduction||INR 33 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 15 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 11 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 7 Cr|
If a team retains 2 of its player then the salary cap of the two players will be as follows:
|2 Players deduction||INR 24 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 14 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 10 Cr|
If a team keeps only one player, then the team has to pay a total of INR 14 crores
|1 Player deduction||INR 14 Cr|