Table of Contents
Vasu Vats Biography: With both parents as teachers, Vasu Vats was also expected to carry his parent’s legacy but Uttar Pradesh born turned his interest towards cricket and made his debut for the Indian cricket team.
The right-arm pacer was spotted under the radar when he picked up 21 wickets from 10 matches in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy and the Challenger Trophy. Notably, in one of the games back in October 2021, the speedster bagged eight wickets and helped Uttar Pradesh to beat Nagaland by 336 runs.
Vasu Vats Biography – Overview
Vasu Sunil Kumar Vats
|Date of Birth||September 8, 2002|
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Father – Sunil Kumar
Mother – Will Update Soon
Siblings – Will Update Soon
|Batting Style||Right-hand bat|
India Under-19s, India B Under-19s, Uttar Pradesh Under-16
Vasu Vats Biography
- Vasu Vats was born in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Vasu Vats father Sunil Kumar is a private school principal while his mother teaches in a government school.
- But unlike his parents, Vats didn’t have a lot of interest in studies.
- Vats used to diligently get for practice at Vishwamitra Cricket Academy, located in Gangoh, a town in the city.
- Vasu used to reach the ground for practice in the morning. He used to stay on the field for hours in the afternoon to avoid a 40 km extra bike ride. He returns home after completing the evening practice.
Vasu Vats Cricket Career
- Vasu made a brilliant debut for the UP cricket team in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy 2021 held in Ahmedabad.
- He bags eight wickets for four runs in seven overs, including a hat-trick and leads Uttar Pradesh to beat Nagaland by 336 runs after posting 358 for six on the board.
- The right-arm pacer picked up 21 wickets from 10 matches in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy and the Challenger Trophy.
- Initially, Vasu Vats was named in India B squad for the BCCI Under-19 Triangular series. But later ruled out of the series owing to an injury where Bengal pacer Ravikumar and Saurashtra’s Aum Kanabar were named as replacement players.
- On December 10, 2021, BCCI named Vasu Vats on the India U19 squad for Asia Cup 2021 with subject to fitness clearance but Vasu Vats failed to make it to the squad.
- Vasu Vats was included in the Under 19 World Cup 2022 Squad where Yash Dhull led the side.
- Vasu Vats has been benched in the matches against South Africa U19, Ireland U19.
- In the group match against Uganda U19, Vasu Vats made his U19 WC 2022 debut where he bowled 4 overs and picked one wicket while he didn’t get a chance to perform with the bat.
- Aaradhya Yadav has replaced Vasu Vats in India’s squad for the quarterfinal clash against defending champions Bangladesh on January 29. Vats sustained a hamstring injury that has ruled him out of the remainder of the tournament.
- Vasu might not have played a whole lot, but he is also one among the many uncapped players to register for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction with a base price of INR 20L. Check out the IPL 2022 Auction Players List – Set by Set with Base Price.
View this post on Instagram
Vasu Vats Unknown facts
- Vasu entered the cricket academy at the age of 15.
- In 2021, Vasu played the board trophy for UP where in the same year he got an opportunity to play tri-series for India and later got selected in the U19 World Cup 2022.
Vasu Vats Batting Stats
Vasu Vats Bowling Stats