Table of Contents
Kaushal Tambe Biography: Maharashtra-born batting all-rounder Kaushal Tambe comes under the spotlight when he scored 328 runs in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy which includes two tons, at an average of 54.67.
Tambe has been playing for the West Division of the Maharashtra State Union for several years. In 2016, he was named the Most Promising Player of the Year by the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
In the U19 Asia Cup, he had an ordinary outing with the bat but picked up six wickets at an average of 15.16.
Kaushal Tambe Biography – Short
Kaushal Sunil Tambe
|Date of Birth
|October 14, 2002
|Father – Sunil Tambe
|Mother – Will Update Soon
|Siblings – Will Update Soon
Right Handed Bat
India Under-19, India B Under-19, Maharashtra U-19, India D Under-19
Kaushal Tambe Biography
- Kaushal Tambe was born in Ootur village in Junnar taluka of Shivjanmabhoomi – Pune, Maharashtra.
- Kaushal’s father ACP Sunil Tambe was working in the police force.
- He initially went to the cricket academy and studied at his school, then took cricket lessons under the supervision of a coach and started net practice.
- He is a right-arm off-break bowler and hard-hitting finisher in the lower order for various teams he has played so far in his career.
Kaushal Tambe Cricketer Career
- Kaushal is a student of SP College and has represented Maharashtra State Union for 7 years.
- He captained the West Division in 2017 in the under-16 group.
- He has scored three centuries against Saurashtra and two centuries against Gujarat in the 2016 Under-16 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- In the Challenger Trophy, he scored 134 runs at an average of 67 for India D.
- He has been named the Most Promising Player of the Year in 2016 by the Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA).
- Kaushal has been selected in the India U19 B squad for the triangular series 2021 where the Bangladesh U19 team features with India U19 A team.
- In the 3rd match of the tournament India U19 B faces Bangladesh U19 where Kaushal Tambe picked 2 wickets for 43 runs on bowling 10 overs and scored 42 runs off 61 deliveries.
- In the finals against Bangladesh, India U19 B failed to chase down the target of 235 runs and loses the trophy where Kaushal Tambe bowled 1 over and spills 4 runs without taking any wicket, and with bat Kaushal Tambe scored just 11 runs off 26 deliveries.
- Notably, this is the second-highest run of the team where Uday Saharan scored 26 runs in the finals of the triangular series 2021.
- Kaushal Tambe has been a part of the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2021 winning squad.
- Raj Bawa and Kaushal Tambe scored a match-winning 65-run for the seventh-wicket stand and ensured a fighting four-wicket victory for India over Afghanistan and registered the name in the semi-final of the U-19 Asia Cup 2021 tournament.
- He took 6 wickets from 5 games in the Asia Cup including 2 for 23 from 6 overs in the final.
- He played a crucial role with the bat as well, Tambe scored 70 runs on playing 4 matches with a highest of 35* against Afghanistan U19. Kaushal Tambe also scored 32(38) against Pakistan followed by 21*(15) & 3 wickets against West Indies in the practice match.
- Kaushal Tambe was included in the U19 World Cup 2022 Squad where Yash Dhull led the side.
- In the Super League Quarter-Final 2 against Bangladesh Kaushal Tambe finishes the match with a six which placed India in Super League Semi-Final 2.
- Days before the final match against England U19, the Indian cricket team including Kaushal Tambe have got a chance to interact with the legendary Virat Kohli. Right after the interaction, Tambe in his Instagram story wrote “Some valuable tips from the GOAT before the final”.
View this post on Instagram
Kaushal Tambe Unknown Facts
- He has been playing for Cadence Academy in Pune for several years.
- In the U19 Asia Cup, Kaushal Tambe picked up six wickets at an average of 15.16.
Kaushal Tambe Batting Stats
Kaushal Tambe Bowling Stats