Baba Indrajith Biography: Many may not familiar with the identical twins Baba Indrajith and Baba Aparajith who play domestic matches for the Tamil Nadu team but soon will represent the Indian cricket team and is on the verge of creating a record by becoming the first twins to represent the Indian cricket team.
Baba Aparajith is a popular one who has represented Tamil Nadu in the Ranji Trophy, domestic List A cricket, featured for India A, and also played an important role in India’s 2012 Under-19 World Cup triumph. Aparajith is a dependable batsman who reads the situation well and plays accordingly, along with bowling right-arm off-breaks.
The other one, who is elder to Aparajith by just 12 minutes, Baba Indrajith is a promising cricketer who is a top-order batsman and bowls leg-breaks. Both these young lads are safe fielders and proven match-winners in their short careers so far.
Hailing from well-educated family background, the Baba brothers got much-needed support from their family, particularly from their father who has been also served as a doctor for the Indian cricket team.
Check out the Baba Indrajith Biography along with his cricket journey, records and stats.
Baba Indrajith Biography – Overview
|Date of Birth||July 08, 1994|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Father – Dr. KN Baba|
|Mother – Will Update Soon|
|Brother – Baba Aparajit|
|Sister – Lakshmi Dwarakanath Malolan|
|School – St. Bedes School|
|College – Will Update Soon|
|Zodiac Sign||Will Update Soon|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm leg-break|
|Teams Played||India, Tamil Nadu, Ruby Kanchi Warriors, India A, Ruby Trichy Warriors, India Red, India Green, Nellai Royal Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders|
|FC – Tamil Nadu vs Saurashtra at Chennai – November 28 – December 01, 2013|
|List A – Assam vs Tamil Nadu at Hyderabad (Deccan) – December 10, 2015|
|T20 – Tamil Nadu vs Goa at Visakhapatnam – April 01, 2014|
|Test – Not Yet Played|
|ODI – Not Yet Played|
|T20I – Not Yet Played|
Baba Indrajith Early Life
- Baba Indrajith and his twin brother Baba Aparajith began their cricket journey at the age of 4.
- Their father, Dr. KN Baba who has also served as a doctor for the Indian cricket team took them to bat and bowl in a nearby field and arranged to coach for them due to his busy schedule.
- Before moving to Chennai, the Baba brothers played under the Thiruvallur District Cricket Association (TDCA).
- Indrajith was made as the skipper of the Tamil Nadu Under 16 and Under 19 teams in which Aparajith was a member.
- Indrajith even led his teams to title wins in the South Zone competitions.
Baba Indrajith Career
- In Ranji Trophy 2013-14 season, Baba Indrajith made his first-class debut against Saurashtra on November 28, 2013.
- In Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2013-14 season, Baba Indrajith made his T20 debut against Goa on April 01, 2014.
- He scored 30 runs off 28 balls where Arun Karthik led the Tamil Nadu team lost the match by 7 wickets with 13 balls remaining to bowl.
- In Vijay Hazare Trophy 2015-16, Baba Indrajith made his List A debut in the match against Assam.
- Baba Indrajith scored unbeaten 17 runs off 28 balls whereas Tamil Nade won the match by 6 wickets.
- In September 2017, he scored his first double-century in first-class cricket, playing for India Red in the 2017–18 Duleep Trophy.
- In July 2018, he was named in the squad for India Green for the 2018–19 Duleep Trophy.
- In the opening fixture of the tournament, he made a century, scoring 109 runs.
- He was the leading run-scorer for India Green in the tournament, with 149 runs in two matches.
- He was the leading run-scorer for Tamil Nadu in the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy, with 641 runs in eight matches.
- In October 2021, after being not selected for the Tamil Nadu squad for the Syed Mushtaq Ali 2021-22 season, Indrajith called up Mayank Agarwal’s long-time coach RX Murali and expressed his desire to improve his white-ball game.
- He then had a couple of weeks of training with Murali which had noticeable changes in his followed outing.
- During the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021-22, Baba Indrajith scored 325 runs at an average of 46.42 which included 4 half-centuries.
- Indrajith finished the 2021-22 Ranji Trophy season as the leading run-scorer for Tamil Nadu, with 396 runs in three matches, at an average of 99, with three centuries.
- Right after his IPL 2022 contract, Baba Indrajith scored three consecutive centuries. All the three centuries of Indrajith had come when the team was under pressure.
- In the first match against Delhi, he scored a counter-attacking 117 off 149 where the match results in a draw.
- In the second match against Chhattisgarh, Baba Indrajith scored 127 runs whereas his twin brother Baba Aparajith scored 166 runs and the match ended in a draw.
- In the third match against Jharkhand, Baba Indrajith scored 100 in the first innings and 56 in the second innings where the team lost the match by 2 runs.
Baba Indrajith IPL Career
- A good show at the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021-22 helped him get noticed by the Indian Premier League (IPL) scouts, and he was called up by Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for a trial.
- In February 2022, he was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders for his base price of INR 20 Lakhs in the IPL 2022 mega auction.
- In April 28, 2022, during the Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders league match, Baba Indrajith received his maiden IPL cap.
Baba Indrajith Records
- Since the start of 2016(till March 2022), B Indrajith has racked up 2512 runs in 33 first-class games at an average of 66.10. Among those to have played at least 25 first-class games in this period, no Indian batter has a better average than Indrajith’s.
Baba Indrajith Batting Stats
Baba Indrajith Bowling Stats