Table of Contents
Most Wickets In WPL 2023: The first edition of the Women’s Premier League is scheduled to play in March 2023. As per WPL 2023 schedule, the first match will be played between Mumbai Indians and Gujarat Giants on March 4 with the final match on March 26.
BCCI have received INR 4669.99 crores in the Women’s Premier League team Auction. All matches of the inaugural edition of the WPL 2023 will be played in Mumbai’s Brabourne and DYP Stadium.
Viacom 18, had acquired the global media rights for TV and digital broadcast for the inaugural women’s Premier League under a five-year contract beginning in 2023 for an amount of INR 951 crore.
Most Wickets In WPL 2023
Most Wickets In WPL 2023: As of every T20 format tournament, players will seek to bag wickets as many as possible in a short duration. The players to bag the most wickets in the WPL 2023 tournament will be updated here right after the match ends.
Bookmark us for regular updates!!!
|K Anjali Sarvani||6||2||1/10||64.5||8.6||45||0||0|
WPL Teams and Captains 2023
WPL Teams and Captains 2023: BCCI has received INR 4669.99 crores in the Women’s Premier League team Auction. Following are the details of the WPL 2023 Teams Captains:
|Gujarat Giants||Adani Group||Ahmedabad||Beth Mooney||INR 1289 Cr|
|Mumbai Indians||Reliance Industries||Mumbai||Harmanpreet Kaur||INR 912.99 Cr|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Diageo||Bengaluru||Smriti Mandhana||INR 901 Cr|
|Delhi Capitals||JSW–GMR||Delhi||Meg Lanning||INR 810 Cr|
|UP Warriorz||Capri Global||Lucknow||Alyssa Healy||INR 757 Cr|
WPL 2023 Format
WPL 2023 Format: Women’s Premier League 2023 will follow the Round Robin format with Group System and Playoffs format. Following are the details of the Women’s Premier League 2023 Format:
- All participating(5) teams will play against each other twice which will mark a total of 20 league matches.
- The topper of the Women’s Premier League 2023 Points Table will directly qualify for the final.
- The eliminator match will be played between the 2nd and 3rd placed teams.
- The winner of the eliminator will qualify as the second finalist for the Women’s Premier League 2023 final match.
The BCCI has also said March will remain the window for the WPL. From the 2026 season, the WPL could comprise “33-34″ matches but the BCCI has not fleshed out any detail on the tournament structure.
WPL 2023 Rules
Team combination will always play a crucial role in the team’s strength. Each team also bag backup players during the auction event. Following are the details of Women’s Premier League 2023 Rules:
- Each team is allowed a maximum squad size of 18 players
- No team can have more than six overseas players in their squad
- A team will be allowed to have a maximum of five overseas players, four of whom may come from Full Member nations and the fifth from an Associate Member nation.