Table of Contents
ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 Prize Money: ICC revealed the full prize money details for the ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023 on September 22.
As per the ODI World Cup 2023 schedule, the first match will be played between England and New Zealand on October 5 in Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
It will be the first time the competition is held entirely in India; three previous editions were partially hosted there – 1987, 1996, and 2011.
ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 Prize Money
ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 Prize Money: The winner of the vent will take home a whopping USD 40,00,000 while the runner-up will receive a price amount of USD 20,00,000. The losing Semi-Finalist teams will receive USD 8,00,000 each(2 teams).
Check ou the full ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 Prize Money below:
|Stage||Rate US$||Total US$|
|Losing Semi-Finalist (2)||8,00,000||16,00,000|
|Teams eliminated after group stage (6)||1,00,000||6,00,000|
|Winner of each group stage match (45)||40,000||18,00,000|
The 13th edition of the ICC Cricket World Cup is scheduled to be hosted by India between October 5 to November 19. A total of 10 teams will compete for the grand World Cup 2023 trophy.
Each participating team will play the other nine teams once in the group stage where a total of 45 group matches will be played.
The first edition of the tournament was played in 1975 where West Indies won the title by beating Australia by 17 runs in a 60-over match. England won the last edition of the tournament by defeating New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup final game.
World Cup 2023 Rules
World Cup 2023 Rules: As of the previous edition, the 2023 edition will be played between ten teams. The current format involves a qualification phase, which takes place over the preceding three years, to determine which teams qualify for the tournament phase.
The cricket ODI World Cup will follow a slightly changed set of rules compared to the other cricket formats. Check out the World Cup 2023 Rules below:
- In World Cup 2023, there will be 2 sessions of 3.5 hours each separated by a 45 minutes break.
- Right after the toss, the captains will name the playing 11 for the match.
- Each bowler is restricted to bowling a maximum of 10 overs (fewer in the case of rain-reduced matches and in any event generally no more than one-fifth or 20% of the total overs per innings).
- Fielding restrictions and powerplays
- In the first 10 overs of an inning (the mandatory powerplay), the fielding team may have at most two fielders outside the 30-yard circle. This allows only attacking fields to be set during the powerplay.
- Between 11 and 40 overs four fielders will be allowed to field outside the 30-yard circle. Either an Attack or Normal Field can be set in the second powerplay.
- In the final 10 overs, the captain of the bowling side is allowed to place up to five fielders beyond the 30-yard circle.
- All three types of fields (attacking, defensive and normal fields) Can be used in the third powerplay.
- The three powerplays are referenced by P1, P2 and P3 respectively, usually displayed near the score in modern scorecards.
- If the number of runs scored by both teams is equal when the second team loses all its wickets or exhausts all its overs, then the game is declared a tie (regardless of the number of wickets lost by either team).
- In case of a tie, a super over will be bowled for the knockout and final games.
- If weather conditions force the match officials to halt the game for an extended period of time, the match will be postponed to its reserve day(only for the semi-final and final).
- For those games that don’t have a reserve day, DLS will be used to determine the winner of the game.
World Cup 2023 Rules – Knockout Stage
- If Pakistan qualify for the semi-finals, they will play in Kolkata.
- If India qualifies for the semifinals, they will play in Mumbai unless playing against Pakistan, in which case they will play in Kolkata.
World Cup 2023 Rules – Qualifier
The top seven sides in the CWCSL table, along with India, who will qualify automatically as hosts, will gain direct entry into the tournament. The final two spots of the World Cup 2023 teams will be filled with the two teams of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023.
- The participating 10 teams will be divided into two groups of 5 teams each.
- Each team will play the others in their group once.
- The top three teams of both groups will progress to the Super Six round while the bottom position two teams of both groups will play the playoff round.
- The playoff round will be played for minor placings(7-10).
- The top 2 teams of the Super Six will play the Final game of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023.
- The finalists will qualify for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 in India.
- ICC Confirmed that all matches in the qualifier tournament will have ODI status.
- The ICC has also confirmed that DRS will be used in the tournament, but only for matches in the Super Six stage and onwards. Notably, this will be the first time the system is used in the Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament.
World Cup 2023 Rules – Super Six
- If the West Indies qualify, they will be in Q1 irrespective of where they finish in the Qualifiers.
- If Sri Lanka qualifies, they will be in Q2 irrespective of where they finish in the Qualifiers.
World Cup 2023 Rules – Group Stage
- Ten teams will contest for the coveted trophy.
- The tournament will follow a similar format to the 2019 edition in England and Wales, with a single round-robin stage followed by the knockouts.
- All 10 teams will compete against each other once in the round-robin stage.
- A victory earns the winning side two points in every match, while a no-result will mean the sides share a point each.
- Group matches will not have a reserve day.
World Cup 2023 Rules – Knockout Stage
- The top 4 teams of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 points table will advance to the semi-finals of the tournament.
- Semi-final 1 will be played between the 1st and 4th placed team while semi-final 2 will be played between the 2nd and 3rd placed team.
- The winner of semifinals 1 and 2 will play the grand FINAL of the tournament. The final of the ODI World Cup 2023 will be played on November 13 in Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
More interesting topics on ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023:
- ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023 Live Streaming for all locations
- ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023 Venues with Best Stand Details
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023 Tickets Online – How To Book Now
- Pakistan Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- Australia Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- Bangladesh Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- England Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- Netherlands Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- New Zealand Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- India Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- Sri Lanka Squad for ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023
- ICC Men’s World Cup 2023 Warmup Fixtures, Venues