Table of Contents
Which Is The Best Stand In Wankhede Stadium: Wankhede Cricket Stadium which is the home ground of the Mumbai Indians team in the Indian Premier League, as well as Mumbai’s Ranji Trophy team has hosted numerous high-profile cricket matches in the past.
Most notably the 2011 Cricket World Cup Final, in which India defeated Sri Lanka and became the first country to win the cricket world cup on home soil.
Wankhede Stadium History
- This stadium is situated near the Marine drive-Arabian Sea in the Churchgate area of South Mumbai in Maharashtra. and was constructed in 1974.
- The ground had a total capacity of 45000(approx) before the renovation but following an upgrade work for the 2011 Cricket World Cup, the seating capacity has now reduced to 33,108.
- By playing field area, it is one the smallest cricket grounds in the world.
- The Wankhede Stadium which has a Grass surface was owned and operated by Mumbai Cricket Association.
- The Wankhede was Architected by Shashi Prabhu and Associates (1974) Shashi Prabhu and Associates and P.K. Das and associates (2017).
- One of the highlights of the stadium is the suspended cantilever roofs.
- No beam supports on the roofs ensure a better view for the spectators.
Wankhede Stadium Stands
Which Is The Best Stand In Wankhede Stadium: The Wankhede Stadium have a total of 7 gates and 8 stands. Following are the details of the Wankhede Stadium Stands:
- North Stand
- Sunil Gavaskar Pavilion
- Vithal Divecha Pavilion
- MCA Pavilion
- Grand Stand
- Garware Pavilion
- Vijay Merchant Pavilion
- Sachin Tendulkar Stand
Which Is The Best Stand In Wankhede Stadium
Which Is The Best Stand In Wankhede Stadium: Though the stadium has a total of 8 stands to watch the match, fans always remain curious to know which stand is best to view the match. Fans usually take a analyse on “Which Stand Is Best In Wankhede Stadium”, before booking tickets.
After analysing deeply on the location and viewing point of the Wankhede Stadium’s stands, our team names “North Stand” as the best to watch the match in Wankhede Stadium.
The North Stand offers a 75-degree view, long-offish (fine-legish if the bowler is running into you). When it comes to budget-friendly, Sunil Gavaskar Pavilion will give you the best entertainment at pocket-friendly prices. The stand is located left of North Stand.
Vithal Divecha Pavilion will offer a ‘cow corner’ view of proceedings. It is one more stand where the crowd can expect a few opportunities to catch the ball.
Being a cricket fan no one could forget the MCA Pavilion. MS Dhoni delivered the 2011 World Cup-winning six in the MCA Pavilion. The stand will offer a view of the player’s walking up and down the dressing room stairs. Selfie seekers will prefer to book tickets in the MCA Pavilion which will offer a fantastic view.
Wankhede Stadium Stands(Source: IPL)
Wankhede Stadium Tickets Price
The ticket price at Wankhede Stadium ranges from INR 3500 to INR 10000 and will vary based on match, tournament and time.
How To Book Tickets in Wankhede Stadium
The tickets can be booked online and as well as in offline. Fans can walk down to the stadium and book the tickets as per their requirement at the stadium’s counter. People can also book tickets online via BookMyShow, PayTM insider and many other ticket-booking sites.