Table of Contents
Which Is The Best Stand In Pune Stadium: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium which is also known as Pune Cricket Stadium is located beside the Pune – Mumbai expressway in Pune district.
The Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium is owned and operated by Maharashtra Cricket Association. Pune Stadium is situated on the outskirts of the city limit of Pune in Gahunje village.
Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium History
- Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium or Pune Cricket Stadium was established in 2012 and has a capacity of 37,406.
- Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium serves as the home ground of the Maharashtra cricket team and Maharashtra women’s cricket team.
- The stadium is situated on the outskirts of the city limit of Pune in Gahunje village.
- Before the existence of this arena, Nehru Stadium of downtown Pune was the home ground of the Maharashtra Cricket team and the venue for international matches organised by MCA.
- This arena is designed by British architect Sir Michael Hopkins, who is credited to designed Lord’s cricket ground’s mount stand and the Ages Bowl Stadium of Southampton in England.
- Notably, the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium’s 75% seating area still does not have a roof.
- The ground was inaugurated by then BCCI and ICC president Sharad Pawar in 2012.
- In April 2012, the first IPL match was played between Kings XI Punjab and Pune Warriors.
- The first T20I match at the stadium was played between India and England in December 2012.
- The stadium hosts the first Test match in February 2017 which was played between India and Australia.
- Pune hosted a game of the 1996 World Cup between Kenya and West Indies at Swargate’s Nehru stadium and it was won by Kenya.
- It was in contention to host the 2011 WC games but was not able to do that due to construction delays.
- A total of 5 matches of the World Cup 2023 have been scheduled to play in Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium including India – Bangladesh.
Pune Cricket Stadium Stands
Which Is The Best Stand In Pune Stadium: The Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium’s 75% seating area still does not have a roof. Following are the details of the Pune Cricket Stadium Stands:
- North Stand
- North East Stand
- North West Stand
- East Stand
- South East Stand
- South Pavilion Stand A
- South Pavilion Stand B
- South West Stand
- West Stand
- Presidents Lounge
- South Lower Level 2
- South Upper Level 3
MCA Stadium Ticket Price
Which Is The Best Stand In Pune Stadium: The ticket at Pune Stadium ranges from INR 800 to INR 4000. The ticket price may increase or decrease based on the matches and tournaments.
Which Is The Best Stand In Pune Stadium
Which Is The Best Stand In Pune Stadium: The stadium and the seating arrangement in Pune Cricket Stadium are so designed that view of the match will be totally unobstructed from each and every location.
South Stand has one of the best views among the others and is also close to the pavilion. Notably, it’s situated between Mid wicket & Long-on for the right-handed batsman. If you really love to see where a bowler delivers his ball, it’s the best view. Also, the batsman shots look incredible from this stand.
In case you need to watch your favourite star or any other players choose South Pavilion Stand B which is right behind the dugout and closest to the dressing room.
*We do not guarantee the best view as they may vary based on climatic conditions or some other reasons.
How To Book Tickets at Pune Stadium
Which Is The Best Stand In Pune Stadium: Match tickets can be booked both online and offline. Fans can walk down to the stadium counter to book the tickets as per their requirements.
People can also book tickets online via BookMyShow, PayTM Insider and many other ticket-booking sites.