Which Is The Best Stand In Chepauk Stadium: MA Chidambaram commonly known as Chepauk Stadium located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is India’s 2nd Oldest Cricket Stadium after Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
MA Chidambaram Stadium is named after M. A. Chidambaram Chettiar, former president of BCCI and Head of TNCA. MA Chidambaram Stadium is the home ground of the Tamil Nadu cricket team and the Indian Premier League team Chennai Super Kings.
MA Chidambaram is located at Chepauk, a few hundred meters from Marina beach along the Bay of Bengal. Chepauk stadium is located across Chepauk Palace, the official residence of the Nawab of Arcot from 1768 to 1855.
MA Chidambaram History
- Madras Presidency acquired Chepauk palace in an auction for INR 589,000 in 1859.
- Chepauk Stadium was established in 1916 and has been the home venue of the Tamil Nadu cricket team ever since.
- It is the second oldest cricket stadium in the country after Eden Gardens in Kolkata, still holding all international cricket matches.
- Bombay Gymkhana being the first is not in use for international cricket.
- In June 2010, reconstruction work of the stadium was taken up at the cost of ₹175 crores (US$22 million)
- The renovation was completed in 2011 and the old roofing with pillars that often blocked the view in the old stadium was replaced by light quad conical roofing held together by cables.
- The total area of the stadium is 752,000 square feet. This is under a lease agreement between the government and the association.
- In April 2015, the lease agreement between the government and the association lapsed.
- In November 2019, the lease period of the stadium was extended by the Tamil Nadu government for 21 years from 2015.
- It has the reputation of hosting the first-ever Ranji Trophy match and witnessing Virender Sehwag’s 319 against South Africa which is the highest Test score at the ground.
- The stadium played host to the second tied Test in the history of Test cricket.
- It is noted for its distinct pitch characteristics with that extra zip and bounce off the wicket.
MA Chidambaram Stadium Stands
Following are the details of the MA Chidambaram Stadium Stands:
- Pavilion Terrace – Bay 1 & 2
- C/D/E – Hospitality Box
- H Hospitality Box – Level 3
- Anna Pavilion
- C/D/E – Upper Tier
- G – Upper Tier
- C/D/E – Lover Tier
MA Chidambaram Stadium Ticket Price
The ticket at MA Chidambaram Stadium ranges from INR 1300 to INR 6500. The ticket price may increase to decrease based on the matches and tournaments.
Which Is The Best Stand In Chepauk Stadium
As per our study, Gallery C or Gallery D will be best for watching cricket matches. These galleries offer a great view of the pitch and also have comfortable seating.
Gallery E and the lower chair stand are also good options, but the view may not be as good as Gallery C or Gallery D. It’s best to check the seating arrangement and choose the one which is suitable for you.
*We do not guarantee the best view as they may vary based on climatic conditions or some other reasons.
How To Book Tickets at MA Chidambaram Stadium
MA Chidambaram Stadium Ticket Booking: Match tickets can be booked via both online and offline. Fans can walk down to the stadium counter to book the tickets as per their requirements.
People can also book tickets online via BookMyShow, PayTM insider and many other ticket-booking sites.