The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday posted a throwback picture featuring former India batting legends Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid along with MS Dhoni. Soon after the ICC shared the picture, fans went nostalgic after seeing their cricketing heroes in a single frame. “#ThrowbackThursday,” the ICC captioned the post. The image is from a net session from 2007 when India toured England for a three Test matches and seven One-Day Internationals.
These three legends plays a major role in building “The great Indian Cricket Team”. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid retires from cricket during the MS Dhoni’s captaincy. The three former Indian captains have a numerous unique records under their names.
The great Sachin Tendulkar plays in world cup 2011 under Dhoni’s captaincy where India beat Sri Lanka to lift the world cup after 28 years.
— ICC (@ICC) May 21, 2020
MS Dhoni 3rd Indian after Tendulkar and Dravid to play 500 internationals 🔝👑💖 pic.twitter.com/5u9nMt5YJR
— its_vikrama_Aditya (@vskutwal) May 21, 2020
“Golden era in Indian cricket,” another one joined in.
— Bharathi M Kumar (@BharathiKumar4) May 21, 2020
“Great talented iconic in India one frame,” a user added.
great talented iconic in india one frame 🖼👍🏻
— Kavita rani🧢 (@ranikavita75) May 21, 2020
Rahul Dravid’s unique records
- Most number of catches by a fielder in Test cricket
Rahul Dravid was a magnificent slip fielder. He took 210 catches in his 164-match long Test career- the highest by any non-wicketkeeper fielder.
- Highest number of balls faced
Rahul Dravid faced the highest number of balls in his Test career spanning over 16 years. He has faced 31,258 deliveries during his Test Career, with the next closest batman being Tendulkar at 29,437 balls.
- Longest time spent at the crease
Rahul Dravid holds the record for most time spent at the crease by a Test batsman, recording 735 hours and 52 minutes (44,152 minutes) on the pitch.
- First batsman with 10000 runs at No 3 in Tests
Rahul Dravid is the first international cricketer to have scored more than 10,000 runs batting at no. 3 position – 10,524 runs from 219 innings at an avg. of 52.88 with 28 hundreds and 50 fifties and a highest score of 270.
- 4 hundreds in 4 innings
Rahul Dravid is the only Indian cricketer to score a hundred in 4 consecutive innings. He achieved this feat in 2002 with scores of 115, 148, 217 (all against England) at Nottingham, Leeds and The Oval respectively and 100n.o. against West Indies at Mumbai.
- Rahul Dravid: The best partner
Rahul Dravid has more partnership runs (32,039) than any other batsman in Test Cricket. Dravid has more hundred run partnerships and more fifty run partnerships than any other batsman – 88 and 126 respectively. He was involved in 2nd most number of partnerships (738) behind Shivnarine Chanderpaul (750) in Test cricket history.
- Rahul Dravid with Sachin Tendulkar
Dravid and Tendulkar have scored more partnership runs and have been involved in more hundred run stands than any other batting pair – 6,920 runs with 20 century stands – both are world records.
- Two 300 plus partnerships in ODIs
The only batsman to have been involved in two ODI partnerships exceeding 300 runs. Dravid was also the first batsman to be involved in a 300 run partnership in a Cricket World Cup along with Sourav Ganguly in the 1999 World Cup match against Sri Lanka at Taunton.
- Longest without a duck
Rahul Dravid has the record of not being dismissed on duck for the most consecutive ODI matches (120) to his name. Among all the batsmen who have scored more than 10,000 runs in Test cricket during their career, Dravid has been dismissed for a duck the least number of times – 8 times.
First cricketer to score centuries in all 10 Test playing nations
Rahul Dravid is the first batsman to have scored centuries in all 10 Test cricket playing nations. England, West Indies, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and India were the 10 Test playing nations during his career.
MS Dhoni’s Unique record
- Most Career Runs at No. 6
- Highest Individual Score by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs
- Only Captain to whitewash Australia in Australia in 140 Years
- Fastest to reach No. 1 of ICC ODI Rankings
- Most Sixes in ODI as a Captain
- Most ODI Games finished with a Six
- Most Expensive Bat
- Only Player to win the World Cup with a Six
- Most Times Bowled while playing as a WK
- Most Not-Outs
- Most centuries at No. 7 in ODIs
- Most Stumpings in International Cricket
- Most Successful Indian wicket-keeper
- First Player to pass 10,000 ODI runs with 50+ average
- Most T20 International wins as captain
- Most Successful IPL Captain
- First Captain to take India at No. 1 in Tests
- Most Matches as Captain
- Most Successful Indian Captain in all three formats
- Only Captain to win all three ICC Trophies