England wicketkeeper-batsman Jos Buttler had to miss the second T20 International against Sri Lanka on Thursday due to a calf strain he suffered in Wednesday’s first T20 match.
Jos Buttler sustain Calf Injury
“Buttler misses out with calf injury, [Chris] Woakes rested,” said a statement on ecb.co.uk.
“One forced change, Jos picked up a calf strain yesterday, and Chris Woakes can’t play two days in a row, so Dave Willey takes the new ball,” said England captain Eoin Morgan said at the toss which was won by Sri Lanka who chose to bat.
Buttler had smashed an unbeaten 55-ball 68 in England`s eight-wicket win over Sri Lanka in the first T20I.
The right-handed batsman`s innings, laced with eight boundaries and a six, earned him the Player-of-the-Match award.
The 30-year-old Buttler was in the news recently after he said that traveling to Australia for Ashes without families would be tough for the players.
England vs Sri Lanka Series Squads
Eoin Morgan, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
Kusal Perera (c), Kusal Mendis, Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka Fernando, Pathum Nissanka, Niroshan Dickwella, Dhananjaya De Silva, Oshada Fernando, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ramesh Mendis, Chamika Karunaratne, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Ishan Jayaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Isuru Udana, Asitha Fernando, Nuwan Pradeep, Binura Fernando, Shiran Fernando, Lakshan Sandakan, Akila Dananjaya, Praveen Jayawickrama
How to watch live streaming of England vs Sri Lanka T20 and ODI Series?
- Sony sport to Live series England vs Sri Lanka T20 live in India.
- Sony LIV, Sony TEN 2, and Sony TEN 2 HD Sky Sports will telecast the matches in the series in England.
- Sri Lanka fans can watch the action on SLRC TV Channels with the matches also available on Sony Networks.
- Fox Sports and Channel 7 have the rights in Australia.
- New Zealand on Sky Sport 2 are carrying the games.
- Supersport will broadcast the matches in South Africa,
- Flow Sports in the Caribbean
- Willow TV in the United States.
- Gazi TV will supply footage in Bangladesh.
- Test Match Special will provide live ball-by-ball commentary via BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra and the BBC Sport website.