Due to the aggressive raise in the number of COVID19 positive cases many cricketers step forward to help by making donations for COVID19 relief funds.
Owing to this massive unexpected spike in COVID19 cases India faces an acute shortage of Oxygen gas for coronavirus treatment. Apart from Politicians and Business persons many International cricketers and organizations come forward to make a contribution to the COVID19 relief fund.
List of Cricketers to make donations for COVID19
Following are the list of cricketers and cricket organizations to make a contribution for the COVID19 relief fund.
- Australia and Kolkata Knight Riders fast bowler Pat Cummins has donated $50,000 to the PM Cares Fund to help in India’s fight against Covid-19. Cummins also encouraged other IPL players to also contribute to India’s fight against Covid.
- Inspired by his countryman Pat Cummins’ gesture, former Australian pacer Brett Lee on Tuesday decided to donate one bitcoin (approximately ₹40 lakh) to help India in its fight against the raging COVID-19 pandemic.
- Estonian Cricket Association decided to donate INR 1 Lakh in Bitcoin (0.027 BTC) to Crypto Relief in order to aid the purchase of Oxygen supplies. In fact, the Estonian Cricket Association lauded Australian stars Brett Lee and Pat Cummins for their generosity and leading by example.
- Rajasthan Royals announced a contribution of Rs 7.5 crores ($1 million) to help in providing aid to people impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic in India.
- Delhi Capitals on Thursday announced they are donating Rs 1.5 crore to NGOs in the National Capital Region to help aid the fight against Covid-19. The Capitals said the donation will be used to procure essential medical supplies, including oxygen cylinders, as several hospitals in the national capital reported a shortage in oxygen supply.
- Sachin Tendulkar has donated 1 crore to Mission Oxygen to Procure Oxygen Concentrators in India. Earlier Sachin Donates Rs 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Jaydev Unadkat donates 10% of his IPL salary towards providing essential medical resources for COVID19.
- Indian cricketer Shikhar Dhawan made a donation of Rs. 20 Lakhs plus money from all post-match individual performance awards of IPL 2021 towards “Mission Oxygen”.
- West Indies batsman Nicholas Pooran took to his Twitter account and wrote “Although many other countries are still being affected by the pandemic, the situation in India right now is particularly severe. I will do my part to bring awareness and financial assistance to this dire situation.”
Although many other countries are still being affected by the pandemic, the situation in India right now is particularly severe. I will do my part to bring awareness and financial assistance to this dire situation.#PrayForIndia pic.twitter.com/xAnXrwMVTu
— nicholas pooran #29 (@nicholas_47) April 30, 2021
- SRH Wicket-Keeper batsman Shreevats Goswami donated Rs. 90,000 for oxygen supply to the hospitals due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Punjab Kings have pledged to fund for providing oxygen concentrators across India in the tough times with COVID-19.
- Hardik and Krunal Pandya decided to donate 200 oxygen concentrators to rural India in the fight against Covid-19. Hardik said “Krunal, myself and my mother – basically our entire family – we were finding ways at trying to help out. We decided to donate 200 oxygen concentrators to the rural parts of India where I feel the medical infrastructure needs more support.”
- Delhi Capitals batsman Ajinkya Rahane donates 30 Oxygen Concentrators to aid fight against Covid-19.
- Cricket Australia (CA) on Monday (May 3, 2021) donated AUD 50,000 to UNICEF’s ‘India COVID-19 Crisis Appeal’ fundraising drive.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli have donated Rs 2 crores to the fundraiser campaign started by the couples with a target of Rs. 7 crores.
*Follow for more updates