Table of Contents
Australia Playing 11 for 1st ODI vs South Africa: The Australian cricket team has named their playing 11 for the 1st ODI match of the Australia tour of South Africa 2023 scheduled to play on September 7 in Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein.
Australia Playing 11 for 1st ODI vs South Africa
Australia Playing 11 for 1st ODI vs South Africa: A total of 3 T20Is and 5 ODIs have been scheduled to play during the tour. Visitors handed a whitewash defeat to the hosts by winning all 3 T20I matches.
Australia named their playing 11 ahead of the match start where Mitchell Marsh was named as their captain for the game. Pat Cummins, who is on his way back from a wrist injury, is named in the squad but will only arrive in South Africa next week.
Earlier this year, Marsh managed to open the batting in 50-over cricket in India and managed to fetch success in the absence of Warner. Both Cameron Green and Marcus Stoinis manage to find a spot in the XI as well and the visitors are also all set to field both keepers – Alex Carey and Josh Inglis.
Check out the Australia Playing 11 for 1st ODI vs South Africa below:
- Travis Head
- David Warner
- Mitchell Marsh (capt)
- Cameron Green
- Josh Inglis
- Alex Carey
- Marcus Stoinis
- Sean Abbott
- Ashton Agar
- Adam Zampa
- Josh Hazlewood
Australian captain Mitchell Marsh says “There’s no doubt that the landscape of cricket is changing, but for me playing for my country has been an unbelievable joy and given me great pride. I’ll focus on that for as long as I possibly can. Players throughout world cricket will have decisions to make over the next few years, but I think international cricket is still the pinnacle.”
South Africa vs Australia 1st ODI Pitch Report
- Ground Details: Mangaung Oval – Mangaung Oval, previously known as Springbok Park, has some of the best lights in the country and regularly hosts day/night matches.
- Pitch Type: Sporty track – It has something in it for the seamers early on. Once the moisture dries out, it is conducive for strokeplay.
- Runs Expected: Around 300 – Anything around 300 should test the opposition.
- Average Scores(33 Matches)
- First Innings: 244 Runs
- Second Innings: 202 Runs
South Africa vs Australia 1st ODI Key Players
- Lungi Ngidi: 3 Innings – 8 wickets – 18.75 Innings
- Rassie van der Dussen: 2 Innings – 149 Runs – 74.50 Average
- David Miller: 4 Innings – 199 Runs – 99.50 Average
Pacers vs Spinners in ODI since 2020 in this Venue
- Balls: 1204
- Runs Conceded: 1203
- Wickets: 33
- Average: 36.45
- SR: 36.48
- ECO Rate: 5.99
- Balls: 548
- Runs Conceded: 574
- Wickets: 10
- Average: 57.40
- SR: 54.80
- ECO Rate: 6.28