The IPL 2022 points table will be updated once the league match has started. The IPL 2022 is rumored to start from April 11, 2022.
In IPL 2022 ten teams will participate Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Delhi Capitals (DC), Mumbai Indians (MI), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), Punjab Kings(PK), Rajasthan Royals (RR), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), two new teams are yet to announce after the IPL 2022 Mega auction will clash with one another in one home and one away match each.
IPL fans may check the IPL 2022 format and new rules as BCCI includes new two teams for the next edition.
Excited for IPL 2022? Check the IPL 2022 Schedule(Will update once released)
IPL 2022 Points Table
IPL points table 2022 Today will be updated once the tournamnet kickstarts. At the end of each league match the IPL 2022 points table will update with latest Net Run Rate. The Points table rules are explained below the points table:
|Chennai Super Kings||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Rules For IPL 2022 Points Table
During the league stage, two points are awarded to a side for a win and one in case of a washout.
- For a Win, the winning team gets 2 points
- In case of match abandoned or ends abruptly or No Result, each team will be awarded 1 point.
- In case of loss, the defeated team get 0 points
In the case of a tie, in the IPL score table, the following points will be taken into consideration.
- Team with a higher number of points
- If points are equal, the higher number of team wins will be considered
- If still, the points are equal, the net run rate is seen
- If still there is a tie, the team with the lower bowling strike rate will be considered
- If still there is equality, it results in a head-to-head meeting.
Qualification to IPL playoffs
The IPL 2022 format is not something unfamiliar to the IPL cricket community. The format has been used in 2011 IPL where the tournament is played with a total of 10 teams.
- The ten teams are divided into two groups of five.
- A random draw was used to determine the groups and who plays whom across the groups once and twice.
- In the group stage, each team plays 14 games facing the other four teams in their group two times each (one home and one away game), four teams in the other group once, and the remaining team two times.
- The team winning a match will be awarded 2 points. The losing team will not receive any points. In case of a draw or no result, both teams will be awarded 1 point.
IPL Playoff Formats
The first Qualifier will be played between the top two teams in the points table. The winner of qualifier 1 will bags the spot for the finals of the season.
The Eliminator is played between teams who finish at the third and fourth position in the points table. The winner of this match goes into Qualifier 2.
Qualifier 2: The loser of Qualifier 1 and the winner of the Eliminator play this game. The team winning this game moves into the final.
IPL Finals will be played between the winner of Qualifier 1 and the winner of Qualifier 2.