HomeCricketIPLCSK vs RR Pitch Report, Weather, Stats, Prediction and Squad

CSK vs RR Pitch Report, Weather, Stats, Prediction and Squad

CSK vs RR Pitch Report: Chennai Super Kings will lock horns with Rajasthan Royals on May 12 at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium.

After suffering a defeat in the match against Gujarat Titans on May 10, Chennai is set to host Rajasthan Royals on Sunday clash. CSK has a major setback in the bowling department due to injury concerns and international commitments.

Chennai has 6 victories out of 12 matches they played in the tournament so far with 12 points and a Net run rate of +0.491.

On the Other hand, Rajasthan Royals has been one of the most successful teams in the 2024 campaign. They suffered defeats in the last two meetings against SRH and DC before traveling to Chennai.

They are only one victory away from their spot in playoffs and sit comfortably in the second position while CSK has secured 4th position in the IPL 2024 points table.

Tournament Indian Premier League 2024
Match Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals
Venue M.A. Chidambaram Stadium
Date Sunday, May 12, 2024
Time 03:30 PM IST/ 10:00 AM GMT

CSK vs RR Pitch Report

M.A. Chidambaram Stadium is the home ground for the CSK team and is known for its spin-friendly conditions. The Surface is bouncy, but the patchy and dry nature of the pitch will make the ball turn. Batters will struggle to score at Chepauk as the pitch supports bowling conditions.

MA Chidambaram Stadium
MA Chidambaram Stadium(Image: Twitter)

Out of 82 IPL matches played in Chepauk Stadium, the team that batted first won 48 matches while the second batting team secured victory on 34 occasions. The average 1st innings total at the stadium is 188 while the average 2nd innings total is 161.

Weather Reports at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium

With a 6% rain possibility, the sky at Chennai will be mostly Sunny, humid, and slightly cloudy otherwise. The temperature will be around 36% in Chennai but will feel like 44 degrees during the match and the humidity will be around 69%.

For detailed reports at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, we have shared a post on today’s Weather conditions at Chennai.

CSK vs RR Head-to-Head Stats

Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals have met each other on 28 occasions so far, where Chennai has won on 13 occasions while Rajasthan has 15 wins.

Chennai has a high score of 246 runs against RR while Rajasthan has a high score of 223 runs against CSK.

CSK vs RR Prediction

As per Google Win probability, Chennai Super Kings has a slight advantage with a 51% winning chance while Rajasthan Royals has a 49% winning chance.

This percentage was based on home-ground stats and the current form of both teams in the IPL 2024 season.

CSK vs RR Squad

Chennai Super Kings

Ruturaj Gaikwad(c), Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Shivam Dube, Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni(w), Mitchell Santner, Shardul Thakur, Tushar Deshpande, Simarjeet Singh, Ajinkya Rahane, Shaik Rasheed, Aravelly Avanish, Sameer Rizvi, Mukesh Choudhary, Richard Gleeson, Ajay Jadav Mandal, Prashant Solanki, RS Hangargekar, Nishant Sindhu, Maheesh Theekshana

Rajasthan Royals 

Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson(w/c), Riyan Parag, Donovan Ferreira, Rovman Powell, Shubham Dubey, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Sharma, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jos Buttler, Kuldeep Sen, Tanush Kotian, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Kunal Singh Rathore, Navdeep Saini, Keshav Maharaj, Shimron Hetmyer, Nandre Burger, Dhruv Jurel, Abid Mushtaq


Who is the leading runscorer for CSK in IPL 2024?

Ruturaj Gaikwad was the leading runscorer as he scored 541 runs in the 12 matches he played

Who is the leading runscorer for RR in IPL 2024?

Sanju Samson was the leading runscorer as he scored 471 runs in 11 matches he played

Who is the leading wicket-taker for CSK in IPL 2024?

Mustafizur Rahman was the leading wicket-taker for CSK as he picked 14 wickets in 9 matches he played.

Who is the leading wicket-taker for RR in IPL 2024?

Yuzvendra Chahal was the leading wicket-taker as he picked 14 wickets in 11 matches he played.

I'm Johi, a dedicated cricket news writer! With a passion for the game and a keen eye for detail, I would always love to bring you the latest updates, insights, and analysis from the world of cricket & Football with a positive entertainment.

Must Read