CSK vs GT Pitch Report, Weather, Stats, Prediction

MS Dhoni and Jadeja playing for CSK

CSK vs GT Pitch Report: After having a positive start in the campaign, both CSK and GT are set to lock horns in the 7th match of the IPL 2024 schedule on March 26 at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium.

This could serve as the rematch of the IPL 2023 finals where Chennai beat Gujarat to clinch their fifth IPL title.

Ruturaj Gaikwad-led Chennai Super Kings won their first match against Royal Challengers Bangalore by 6 wickets whereas Shubman Gill-led Gujarat Titans won their opener match against Mumbai Indians by 6 runs.

Mustafizur Rahman who plays in CSK for the first time, has picked four wickets helping the side to restrict RCB from reaching higher totals. Rachin Ravindra and Shivam Dube smashed 37 and 34 runs respectively putting the side on the path towards victory.

On the other hand, Sai Sudharsan was the highest scorer for GT in the first match smashing 45 runs. Bowlers like Azmatullah Omarzai, Umesh Yadav, Spencer Johnson, and Mohit Sharma contributed by picking two wickets each.

With the victory, CSK stands second whereas Gujarat Titans secures fourth position in the IPL 2024 points table.

Tournament Indian Premier League 2024
Match Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans
Venue M.A. Chidambaram Stadium
Date Sunday, March 24, 2024
Time 07:30 PM IST / 02:00 PM GMT

CSK vs GT Pitch Report

Chinnaswamy Stadium has a batting-friendly surface and the pitch is ideal for batting and bowling as well. Pacers will tend to pick wickets on higher economy rates while Spinners don’t get as many wickets on this ground as pacers.

The flat surface and its short boundaries will be outfield. Whether batting first or second, no total appears safe on this pitch.

Chidambaram Stadium

We have also shared Today Match’s Dream 11 prediction of where you can have an update on the Fantasy11 team. Apart from this, We also shared the details of today’s match along with the venue, time, and many other stats.

Weather Conditions at Chidambaram Ground

With no signs of rain, the temperature at the stadium on March 26 will be around 29 degrees Celsius in the evening. Humidity will be around 74 percent and the average wind speed will be around 14 kmph.

Cricket Fans can get more details on the weather report on the stadium.

CSK vs GT Head-to-Head Stats

Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans have clashed five times in the history of IPL out of which Gujarat has a lead with three wins while Chennai has only two wins.

 CSK vs GT Prediction

According to Google Win Probability, Chennai has the slight upper hand with a 56% winning chance while Gujarat Titans have a 44% winning chance.

This percentage was based on home-ground stats and the current form of both teams in the season.

CSK vs GT Squad

Chennai Super Kings Squad

Ruturaj Gaikwad(c), Rachin Ravindra, Ajinkya Rahane, Daryl Mitchell, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Sameer Rizvi, MS Dhoni(w), Deepak Chahar, Maheesh Theekshana, Mustafizur Rahman, Tushar Deshpande, Shardul Thakur, Shaik Rasheed, Moeen Ali, Nishant Sindhu, Mitchell Santner, Ajay Jadav Mandal, Prashant Solanki, Mukesh Choudhary, Simarjeet Singh, RS Hangargekar, Aravelly Avanish

Gujarat Titans Squad 

Wriddhiman Saha(w), Shubman Gill(c), Sai Sudharsan, Azmatullah Omarzai, David Miller, Vijay Shankar, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Umesh Yadav, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Spencer Johnson, Mohit Sharma, Sharath BR, Abhinav Manohar, Noor Ahmad, Manav Suthar, Matthew Wade, Kane Williamson, Shahrukh Khan, Joshua Little, Darshan Nalkande, Kartik Tyagi, Sushant Mishra, Sandeep Warrier, Jayant Yadav

How many times has CSK won IPL?

CSK has won the IPL title five times and jointly records for most IPL titles along with Mumbai Indians. They have featured in 10 finals and 12 playoffs out of 14 seasons they played.

When was the IPL 2024 Final?

The IPL 2024 playoffs will start on May 21 and Chepauk Stadium will host the finals on May 26.

Who is the Owner of CSK?

N. Srinivasan, the managing director of India Cements Limited has been the owner of the CSK since 2008.

How many matches GT won?

Across two seasons and the ongoing season, they have played 34 matches out of which they emerged victorious on 24 occasions.

How many times has GT Won IPL?

After their debut in the 2022 season, GT won the IPL once in the same season and also reached the finals in the 2023 season.