Table of Contents
IPL 2022 Draft: The IPL 2022 is set to play with 2 new teams in addition to the existing 8 teams. The addition of 2 new teams brings the much-awaited mega auction for this year’s IPL tournament.
The IPL mega Auction will allow the franchises to rebuild their team with an option by not changing their core players(If the team wish so).
A successful team like MI or CSK might not interested in changing their core players, for such cases IPL retention policy allows every team to retain a maximum of 4 players.
Catch all live IPL 2022 Auction updates by clicking –> here
IPL 2022 Draft
IPL 2022 draft: The existing 8 teams were given the deadline of November 30, 2021, to announce their retained players list as per IPL 2022 retention rules.
BCCI has allotted a deadline of January 22 for the two new IPL franchises Ahmedabad and Lucknow to submit their draft picks of players. The 2 new teams, Ahmedabad and Lucknow franchises were allowed to draft their 3 key players before entering into the IPL 2022 mega auction event.
The Indian Premier League 2022 mega auction is all set to be conducted on February 12 and 13, 2022.
The IPL 2022 mega Auction live streaming will kickstart from 11 AM on February 12. The IPL 2022 mega auction will be a two-day event that will be held in Bengaluru.
You can check the IPL 2022 Live Streaming details for your location or you can follow IPL 2022 squad for all 10 teams where we will update the player’s details with their auction price details in LIVE.
As per IPL retention rules, the two new teams will be able to pick a maximum of three players – not more than two Indians and not more than one overseas player before the mega auctions.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad will unveil their New Jersey at 5.30 pm IST today.
- Star Sports will be revealing the Gujarat-based IPL franchise official name in the pre-show tomorrow at 12.30 pm.
- England players will be available for the full IPL season this year.
- Hugh Edmeades was confirmed as the auctioneer for IPL 2022 Mega Auction. He’ll be auctioning in his 4th straight IPL auction.
- The Lucknow-based franchise has officially announced their team name as Lucknow Super Giants through their social network. It will now be shortly known as LSG in the Indian Premier League.
- The BCCI plans to start the IPL 2022 from March 27, almost a week ahead of the planned start of the tournament.
- Lucknow ropes KL Rahul for INR 17 crores followed by Marcus Stoinis for a pay of INR 9.2 crores and uncapped Ravi Bishnoi for INR 4 crores.
- Lucknow IPL team will enter the IPL 2022 Mega Auction with a purse value of 58 crores.
- Ahmedabad ropes Hardik Pandya and Rashid Khan for 15 crores each, Shubman Gill will get 8 crores.
- Ahmedabad IPL franchise will be having a purse of 52 crores in IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
- Online food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy is all set to become the sixth official on-ground sponsor of the IPL.
- Slice will be the principal sponsor for Mumbai Indians for the next 3 years for 90 crores.
- Ben Stokes has joined Joe Root in deciding not to enter the auction for the 2022 edition of the IPL.
- Hardik Pandya, Rashid Khan, and Shubman Gill are set to be Ahmedabad IPL franchise draft picks.
- The last date for putting the name for the IPL 2022 mega auction will be on January 20, 2022.
- RCB, PBKS, and KKR are likely to bid for Shreyas Iyer in the IPL 2022 mega auction.
- KL Rahul, Marcus Stoinis, and Ravi Bishnoi are likely to be 3 draft picks of the Lucknow IPL franchise. KL Rahul is expected to lead the side.
- KKR ropes Bharat Arun as their bowling coach for IPL 2022 season.
- The BCCI is likely to stage IPL 2022 in South Africa or Sri Lanka as their Plan B if they’re unable to host in India due to the COVID19 situation.
- 2 New IPL teams have given January 22, 5 PM as the deadline to complete their signings.
- Mitchell Starc is considering to enroll his name in the mega auction for IPL 2022.
- Ahead of IPL 2022, the TATA group replace VIVO as the title sponsor of the season for the same rate.
- Hardik Pandya will be the captain of Ahmedabad based IPL franchise.
- Ahmedabad franchise officially gets BCCI clearance, receives Letter of Intent (LOI) from the cricket board.
- Vikram Solanki has been appointed as the Director of Cricket for the Ahmedabad-based IPL franchise.
- Gary Kirsten has been named as the Mentor of the Ahmedabad-based IPL franchise.
- Lucknow IPL franchise have kept Marcus Stoinis and Kagiso Rabada in backup if they fail to pick Rashid Khan.
- Lucknow and Ahmedabad IPL franchise set to get time till January 31st to decide the draft picks for IPL 2022.
- “BCCI is exploring all options which include overseas IPL as well. But the focus is to host the IPL in India for sure. As of now, the priority is the auction, and the board will soon take a call,” – BCCI official.
- My11Circle – A Fantasy sports platform has signed up as the title sponsor for the Lucknow-based new IPL team for a period of 3 years.
- IPL 2022 Mega Auction might be shifted from Bangalore due to the rise in COVID19 cases.
- Gary Kirsten is likely to be the mentor of the Ahmedabad franchise for IPL 2022.
- Former Indian Cricketer Ashish Nehra set to become the head coach of the Ahmedabad IPL franchise in IPL 2022.
- IPL 2022 draft is expected on January 10, 2022.
- Rising Pune Supergiants’ Instagram account officially turned into Lucknow IPL Team account. Updates are expected to deliver in the official Lucknow team Instagram account soon.
- BCCI decides to host the IPL 2022 mega auction on February 12 and 13 in Bangalore. Notably, India will play the 3rd ODI against West Indies at Kolkata on February 12. Check IPL 2022 mega auction live streaming details.
- The BCCI is planning to hold the two-day mega Indian Premier League auction on February 7 and 8 in Bengaluru, a senior BCCI official said.
- CSK CEO Kasi Viswanathan explains why CSK retained MS Dhoni and says Dhoni ‘controls the team’ and has remained the mainstay for the Super Kings.
- Former New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori predicts the reason why MI releases Hardik Pandya and feels that KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya might be roped by the same franchise in the upcoming IPL 2022 mega auction.
- Andy Flower and Trevor Bayliss, the coaches of Punjab Kings and Sunrisers Hyderabad respectively, have resigned from their positions ahead of the 2022 season of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- India’s former opening batter, Aakash Chopra feels that franchises will have to break the bank to buy the likes of Hardik Pandya, Harshal Patel, Rahul Chahar, Deepak Chahar, Ravichandran Ashwin, and Shikhar Dhawan.
- CVC capital set to get the nod from the BCCI for the IPL franchise.
- The deadline for 8 IPL franchises to submit the retention players list is at 12 pm IST today(November 30).
- IPL retention will be live on Star Sports and Hotstar from 09:30 PM IST on November 30th. Check how to watch IPL 2022 Retention live for free!!!
Check out all teams retained players list ahead of IPL 2022 mega Auction –> HERE
In this section, we will discuss about the players who can be drafted in by 2 new IPL teams in their allowed period.
|Lucknow Super Giants||RPSG Group of Sanjiv Goenka||
7090 crore (over 932 million USD)
5625 crores crore (over 692 million USD)
Ahmedabad IPL Team
CVC Capital is the owner of the Ahmedabad IPL Team. CVC Capital won the bidding war for 5625(over 692 million USD) to own the Ahmedabad team. The CVC Capitals’ bid was 160% more than BCCI’s base price for the IPL team.
Ahmedabad IPL Team Players
When it comes to picking players before the IPL 2022 Mega Auction where the team is allowed to pick a total of 3 players(2 Indian + 1 Overseas Player), Ahmedabad team management will seek an Indian player who could captain the team by the way.
Ahmedabad IPL team finalised its coaching staff – they will be led by former India fast bowler Ashish Nehra, and former South Africa batter and head coach Gary Kirsten. Former England batter Vikram Solanki, who is currently Surrey’s head coach, will be the team director.
Ahead of IPL 2022, the Ahmedabad-based IPL team bags Rashid Khan and Hardik Pandya for Rs 15 crores each while the franchise bags Shubman Gill for Rs 8 Crores INR.
It is also learned that Hardik Pandya is likely to be named as captain of the Ahmedabad franchise.
Lucknow Super Giants IPL Team
RPSG Group of Sanjiv Goenka is the owner of the Lucknow IPL Team. The highest bidder of the IPL 2022 team auction will definitely seek to build a strong team with young and experienced players.
This is not the first time for Sanjiv Goenka to own a team in IPL. Earlier during the suspension period of CSK and RR due to a betting scandal, two teams were added to balance the tournament.
Sanjiv Goenka owns the Rising Pune Supergiant which is one among that two teams. The team lost the 2017 IPL Final to Mumbai Indians just by 1 run. Having onhand experience in owning an IPL team, RPSG Group will definitely construct a strong team by overcoming their past negative picks.
Lucknow Super Giants Team Players
When it comes to picking players before the IPL 2022 Mega Auction where the team is allowed to pick a total of 3 players(2 Indian + 1 Overseas Player), Lucknow team management will seek an Indian player who could captain the team by the way.
Lucknow Super Giants ropes KL Rahul for INR 17 crores followed by Marcus Stoinis for INR 9.2 crores and uncapped Ravi Bishnoi for INR 4 crores.