IPL 2021 Replacement players List: Ahead of the IPL 2021 second phase, every IPL team starts to name their replacement players in the place of players who all decides to skip the tournament.
Though IPL 2021 starts in its regular window of April month the outbreak of COVID19 inside the bio bubble forces the BCCI to postpone the cash-rich league tournament. After facing multiple hurdles BCCI announces the IPL 2021 second phase schedule which kickstarts from September 19, 2021, at UAE.
Ahead of this announcement some players of the IPL 2021 starts to withdraw owing to various reasons. To keep the team’s intact franchises starts to name their alternative players.
Many cricket analysis feels that playing in UAE leg of IPL 2021 would definitely increase the player’s exposure to the environment of T20 WC hosting nation.
Thus, International teams encourage the players to get part in the second phase of IPL 2021 as it opens the players to get the experience of playing in the UAE where the T20 WC 2021 is scheduled to play.
IPL 2021 Replacement Players List
Initially, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Rajasthan Royals (RR), Punjab Kings (PBKS), and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) announced replacements in their respective squads for the remainder of the season.
|Replacing Player||Replacement Player: New||Team|
|Chris Woakes||Ben Dwarshius||DC|
|Manimaran Siddharth||Kulwant Khejroliya||DC|
|Pat Cummins||Tim Southee||KKR|
|Riley Meredith||Nathan Ellis||PBKS|
|Jhye Richardson||Adil Rashid||PBKS|
|Dawid Malan||Aiden Markram||PBKS|
|Adam Zampa||Wanindu Hasaranga||RCB|
|Daniel Sams||Dushmanta Chameera||RCB|
|Finn Allen||Tim David||RCB|
|Kane Richardson||George Garton||RCB|
|Washington Sundar||Akash Deep||RCB|
|Jafra Archer||Glenn Phillips||RR|
|Andrew Tye||Tabriaz Shamsi||RR|
|Ben Stokes||Oshane Thomas||RR|
|Jos Buttler||Evin Lewis||RR|
|Jonny Bairstow||Sterfane Rutherford||SRH|
- Sri Lanka’s star spinner Wanindu Hasaranga has come in replacing Adam Zampa who opt out of the IPL 2021.
- Another Australian Daniel Sams has also pulled out and has been replaced by Sri Lanka’s Dushmantha Chameera.
- The other batsman to come is New Zealand’s Tim David, replacing fellow Kiwi Finn Allen, who has committed to playing New Zealand’s series against Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- The bowling all-rounder from Sussex(England), George Garton has been picked by the RCB ahead of the IPL 2021 Phase 2 as a replacement for Kane Richardson.
- Tim Southee has been roped in as a replacement for Pat Cummins for the remaining 31 games of the IPL 2021.
- Punjab Kings have signed Australia fast bowler Nathan Ellis for the second phase of IPL 2021 as a replacement for Riley Meredith.
- Adil Rashid signed for the remaining 31 matches of the IPL 2021 second phase as the replacement for Jhye Richardson.
- Aiden Markram has replaced Dawid Malan for IPL 2021 second phase.
- New Zealand wicket-keeper batsman Glenn Phillips has been named as Jofra Archer’s replacement at Rajasthan.
- Tabraiz Shamsi, the world’s No.1-ranked T20I bowler, will join Rajasthan Royals for the remainder of IPL 2021 as the replacement for Andrew Tye.
- Evin Lewis replaces Jos Buttler in the squad for the remainder of IPL 2021.
- Oshane Thomas has been named as the replacement player for Ben Stokes for the IPL 2021 second phase.
IPL 2021 SRH New Signings
- Sherfane Rutherford replaces Jonny Bairstow for the second phase of IPL 2021.
- Urman Malik joins Sunrisers Hyderabad as a short-term replacement for T Natarajan.
IPL 2021 DC New Signings
- Ben Dwarshuis replaces Chris Woakes for the rest of IPL 2021.
- Left-arm medium-fast bowler Kulwant Khejroliya has been named as Siddharth Manimaran’s replacement for the remainder of the season.
IPL 2021 Mumbai Indians New Signings
- Mumbai Indians have drafted in Delhi seamer Simarjeet Singh as a replacement for the injured Arjun Tendulkar in the ongoing UAE leg of the IPL.
IPL 2021 Chennai Super Kings New Signings
- Chennai Super Kings have signed Barbadian seamer Dominic Drakes as an injury replacement for Sam Curran to feature in the remainder of IPL 2021.