Commonwealth Games 2022 Cricket Schedule Squad: The 2022 edition of the Commonwealth Games will run between 27th July 2022 to 7th August and all the matches will be played at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground, the home of Warwickshire Cricket Club.
Birmingham will see eight teams participating in the Twenty20 format of the game. This is the first time since 1998 that cricket will be a part of the Commonwealth Games, albeit only as a women’s sport.
When the sport was last included during the Kuala Lumpur games in 1998, it was a men’s event and South Africa clinched the gold medal, beating Australia in the final. The cricket games in Kuala Lumpur were played in the 50-over format.
In April 2021 the International Cricket Council (ICC) announced all matches at the tournament would hold Twenty20 International status. The dates of the tournament were confirmed in June 2021.
— ICC (@ICC) April 26, 2021
Commonwealth Games 2022 Cricket Schedule
Edgbaston Cricket Ground in Birmingham will be the venue for the matches. Though there were suggestions for matches to also be held at the County Cricket Ground, Derby, New Road, Worcester and Grace Road, Leicester, none of these were selected in the final confirmation
T20 World Champions Australia will take on runners-up India in the opening match of the competition on 29 July.
|29 July 2022||Australia vs India|
|29 July 2022||Barbados vs Pakistan|
|31 July 2022||India vs Pakistan|
|31 July 2022||Australia vs Barbados|
|3 August 2022||Australia vs Pakistan|
|3 August 2022||Barbados vs India|
|30 July 2022||New Zealand vs South Africa|
|30 July 2022||England vs TBC|
|2 August 2022||England vs South Africa|
|2 August 2022||New Zealand vs TBC|
|4 August 2022||South Africa vs TBC|
|4 August 2022||England vs New Zealand|
Semifinals and Finals
|6 August 2022||1st Semifinals|
|6 August 2022||2nd Semifinals|
|7 August 2022||Bronze medal match|
|7 August 2022||Gold medal match|
Commonwealth Games 2022 Cricket Squad
Commonwealth Games 2022 Cricket squad: The squad for the participating 8 teams will be updated here once it is officially announced. Stay tuned for the latest updates!!!
Commonwealth Games 2022 Cricket – Qualifications
- In November 2020, the ICC announced the qualification process for the 2022 Commonwealth Games tournament.
- England automatically qualifies as the hosts, along with the six highest-ranked sides as of 1 April 2021 as direct qualifiers.
- One further place will be awarded to the winners of a Commonwealth Games Qualifier tournament.
- The allocation of the six direct qualifiers via the ICC Women’s T20I rankings will be dependant on the representation of at least four out of the six Commonwealth Games Federation regions (Africa, Americas, Asia, Caribbean, Europe and Oceania).
- If at least four regions are not represented from those in the top seven, then teams ranked 8th to 10th will be first considered to meet this criteria before filling the remaining allocations from the rankings.
- As the West Indies qualified as a direct qualifier, the results of a separate tournament were originally going to used to determine which Commonwealth Games Association (CGA) earned qualification.
- The tournament was scheduled to be contested between Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and two composite teams representing the Leeward Islands and the Windward Islands.
- However, in August 2021, Cricket West Indies (CWI) confirmed that the regional qualifier had been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As a result, Barbados were selected to represent the West Indies, by virtue of being the Twenty20 Blaze defending champions