Table of Contents
Yash Dhull Biography: The Delhi-born cricketer becomes a piece of sensational news right after his appointment as captain for team India in ACC U19 Asia Cup 2022 and for India U19 World Cup 2022 squad.
Yash Dhull Biography
The middle-order right-handed batsman has also captained Delhi Under-16 and Under -18 teams earlier. Notably, he played for the Delhi Under-14 team at the age of 12 years.
|Name||Yash Vijay Dhull|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 2002|
Father – Vijay Singh
Mother – Neelam
|Sister – NA|
|Batting Style||Right-hand bat|
Delhi U14, Delhi U16, Delhi U19, India U19
Yash Dhull Personal Life
- Yash Dhull was born on November 11, 2002, in New Delhi.
- Yash Dhul was born to Neelam(Mother) and Vijay Dhull(father).
- He studies at the Bal Bhavan International School in Dwarka and trains at Delhi Capitals Bal Bhavan Academy.
- Yash Dhull’s father Vijay Dhull works as an executive with a cosmetic brand.
- His father had quit his job to help guide his son’s career at a crucial stage.
- Yash Dull currently lives in Janakpuri – Delhi.
Yash Dhull Career
- Yash Dhull started his cricket career after his mother spotted a cricket spark in him.
- At the age of 4, Yash’s mother spotted him doing shadow-practicing on the street without a bat after which she enrolls him in a cricket academy.
- He was taken to a local academy at Bharati College at a tender age before moving to Bal Bhawan school’s academy.
- The right-handed middle-order batter got into Bal Bhawan school’s academy at the tender age of 11 and developed his game from there.
- Yash Dhull, as an 11-year-old in the Under-16 Rajesh Peter Memorial Tournament, scored an unforgotten 40 not out where he received his first cash prize of Rs. 500.
- At the age of 12, Yash Dhull had represented the Delhi team in Under 14 matches.
- He joined the Airliner Cricket Academy in Janakpuri.
- Yash Dhull scored an unbeaten 186 against Punjab in the Under-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy where he was promoted as skipper of the side.
- Under his captaincy, Delhi reached the knockouts after eight years. But there was a setback when the pandemic struck just days before he was to travel to the National Cricket Academy.
- The 19-year-old Yash was the leading run-getter in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy 2021 tournament. He averaged 75.50 for his 302 runs for the DDCA in the five matches the team played in the tournament.
- Yash Dhull has been named as the skipper for the India team for the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2022 and U19 World Cup 2022.
- On January 15, 2022, Yash Dhull in India’s first match of the U19 WC 2022 against South Africa scored 82 runs from 100 deliveries and kickstarted his WC innings in a much-expected way.
- Yash Dhull was ruled out of the following couple of matches against Ireland U19 and Uganda U19 owing to COVID19.
- On January 29, 2022, in the quarter-final 2 against Bangladesh U19 Yash Dhull returned to the squad and lead the side to a 5 wicket victory.
- On February 2, 2022, in the semi-final 2 against Australia U19, Yash Dhull registered his maiden U19 WC 2022 century. Yash scored 110 runs from 110 deliveries and leads India to score 290 runs.
- With Vicky Ostwal, Ravi Kumar and Nishant Sindhu’s crucial bowling spell India won the match by 96 runs.
- On February 5, 2022, Yash Dhull lead India to lift the fifth U19 World Cup trophy by beating England by 4 wickets.
- On February 2022, following a successful U19 World Cup 2022 victory Indian U19 skipper Yash Dhull was named in the Delhi Ranji Trophy squad.
- Yash has hit a century on first-class debut, against the powerful Tamil Nadu at Guwahati’s Barsapara Cricket Stadium, on the first day of the 2021-22 Ranji Trophy. Yash scored 113 runs from 150 deliveries.
Yash Dhull Batting stats