Table of Contents
Suryakumar Yadav Biography
Suryakumar Yadav Biography: The right-handed versatile Indian batsman with lots of different tattoos over his body was born on September 14, 1990.
The Mumbai-born cricketer turns to be a key player of the IPL team Mumbai Indian after his back-to-back game-saving aggressive performance. The IPL performance literally drags him the opportunity to wear the Indian team jersey.
|Full Name||Suryakumar Ashok Yadav|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1990|
|Education||School: Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College: R. A. Podar College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai; H. R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai|
|Family||Father: Ashok Kumar Yadav|
|Mother: Swapna Yadav|
|Sister: Dinal Yadav|
|Spouse: Devisha Shetty|
|Marriage Date||July 7, 2016|
|Profession||Cricketer – India|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm Medium|
|Teams Played||Mumbai Indians, Mumbai, India A, Mumbai A, West Zone, Kolkata Knight Riders, India AT20, India B, India Blue, India Red, India C, Triumphs Knights MNE, India|
|First Class Debut||Mumbai vs Delhi at Delhi – December 15 – 18, 2010|
|List A Debut||Mumbai vs Gujarat at Ahmedabad – February 11, 2010|
|IPL Debut||Vs Pune Warriors, Wankhede Stadium (06-04-2012)|
|International Debut||ODI: Sri Lanka vs India at Colombo (RPS) – July 18, 2021|
|T20I: India vs England at Ahmedabad – March 14, 2021|
|Coach||Vinod Yadav, Chandrakant Pandit, HS Kamath|
|Favorite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Gautam Gambhir|
|Dowler: Wasim Akhram, Zaheer Khan|
Suryakumar Yadav Family
- Suryakumar Yadav was born to Ashok Kumar Yadav and Swapna Yadav on September 14, 1990, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Suryakumar Yadav’s father’s name is Ashok Kumar Yadav who is working as an Electrical Engineer in Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) and his mother’s name is Swapna Yadav who is a housewife.
- Suryakumar’s family is originally from Banaras Uttar Pradesh but the family moves to Mumbai after his father joined Bhabha Atomic Research Center in Mumbai as an engineer.
- He also has a younger sister named Dinal Yadav.
- In the year 2016, he married his girlfriend Devisha Shetty who is a dance coach.
Suryakumar Yadav Early Life
- SKY’s hometown is Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India, but his father Ashok Kumar Yadav moved from Varanasi to Mumbai for his job as an electrical engineer for BARC.
- Since his early childhood, Yadav developed an interest in cricket and badminton.
- At the age of 10, his father saw his inclination towards cricket and enrolled him in a cricket camp in the BARC colony in Anushakti Nagar.
- He then went to Elf Vengsarkar Academy and played the age-group cricket in Mumbai.
Suryakumar Yadav Career
- Suryakumar Yadav made his first-class debut against Delhi during the 2010-11 Ranji Trophy
- Suryakumar Yadav made an impressive 73 on his Ranji debut.
- In 2011-12, his first full season for Mumbai, Yadav delivered on the early promise by topping Mumbai’s run charts in the Ranji Trophy. He hit a double-century against Orissa in only his third match of the season and followed it up with another century in the next match.
- He capped off the season with yet another century in the Duleep Trophy. However, his form took a remarkable dip in the next season as he scored only 73 runs in six first-class innings.
- That year seemed to be an aberration as Yadav was back among runs in the 2013-14 season where he finished among the top three run-getters from Mumbai.
- In October 2018, he was named in India C’s squad for the 2018–19 Deodhar Trophy.
- In October 2019, he was named in the India C squad for the 2019–20 Deodhar Trophy.
- He captained the Mumbai cricket team in the 2020-21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- As Yadav’s game is suited for the shorter versions of the game. He was signed by the Mumbai Indians in 2011 for just ₹10 lakh.
- Where SKY did not get a chance to perform in the presence of players like Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma.
- In the 2014 IPL auction, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) ropes Suryakumar Yadav for ₹70 lakh.
- He broke the headlines in IPL 2015 when he hit breathtaking and match-winning – 20-ball 46 with five sixes – against Mumbai Indians that overshadowed Rohit Sharma’s classy 98.
- He was a member of the KKR team for almost 4 years.
- After witnessing Suryakumar’s aggressive performance, Mumbai Indians again included him in the team in 2018.
- Where he is currently the key batsman of the Mumbai team, taking an annual fee of about ₹3.2 crores.
- In February 2021, he was named in India’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their series against England. It was his maiden international call-up to the India cricket team.
- He made his T20I debut for India on 14 March 2021, against England.
- He then played the fourth game of the series on 18 March and got his first opportunity to bat, and hit the first ball he faced in international cricket for a six, and becomes the first Indian to do so in T20 International, and went on to score a half-century.
- The next day, he was named in India’s One Day International (ODI) squad for their series against England.
- His game-changing performances at No. 3 led him to be described as an “X-Factor” player by his captain.
- In June 2021, he was named in India’s One Day International (ODI) and Twenty20 International (T20I) squads for their series against Sri Lanka.
- He made his ODI debut on 18 July 2021, for India against Sri Lanka.
- On 21 July 2021, Yadav scored his maiden ODI fifty against Sri Lanka.
- In July 2021, Yadav was called up as a replacement to India’s Test squad for their series against England.
- In September 2021, Yadav was named in India’s squad for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup
Suryakumar Yadav Records
- SKY becomes the first Indian batsman to hit a six of the very first delivery he faced in the international T20 debut match.
Suryakumar Yadav Controversies
During a league match of IPL 2020, Suryakumar Yadav has a clash with Virat Kohli. RCB skipper kept chattering to Suryakumar through MI’s chase, but SKY had kept his cool and did not respond at the time, staying unbeaten as his team romped to victory.
Suryakumar Yadav said that Kohli is “electrifying” on the pitch and goes hard at any batsman up against him.
“It’s not just me, he goes hard at any batsman batting against him,” Suryakumar Yadav said about Kohli.
“I was happy that he sledged me,” he said. “It means even Kohli knew that if I bat on, we will win the match and if they got my wicket, then maybe they could slow us down and create a chance to win.”
Suryakumar Yadav Tattoos Meaning
Suryakumar Yadav has numerous Tattoos so far in his body which represent various meanings. Let’s have a look at the Tattoos details of Suryakumar Yadav below:
- Parents’ images as Tattoos on his shoulder – Suryakumar Yadav has a Tattoo of his parents’ faces inked on his right shoulder.
- Parents’ Name On His Forearm – Suryakumar Yadav’s right forearm is inked with an Ambigram which bears his parents’ names.
- Life quotes on Left Forearm – Inked “Life is what you make it” on his left forearm.
- Tribal Tattoo – Inked a tribal tattoo on his left arm, chest, and upper back.
- Life-quotes on Left Foot – Suryakumar Yadav has got “Take one step at a time” inked on his left foot.
- Love, Pride, respect tattoo on his left arm – SKY inked a tattoo where these words were included in his left arm.
- Maori Face Tattoo – When he visited New Zealand he came to know about Maori Face Tattoo. The Maori Face Tattoo is all over his left upper body. However, he learned the meaning, family culture, and heritage before getting it tattoed.
- Wife name as Tottoo – Just under the Maori Face Tattoo, he got inked the name of his wife ‘Devisha.’
- FAITH tattoo on his left shoulder.
- Arrows tattoo on his right arm – Meaning: Arrows tattoos are the symbols of strength, success, achievements, direction, and path.
- Rose tattoo on his right forearm – Meaning: Rose tattoo symbolizes new beginnings, true love, emotions, passion, mature love, protection from an envious lover.
- Diamond tattoo on his right forearm – Meaning: Diamond tattoo symbolizes luxury, wealth, success, power, and authority.
- ‘Nautical Star’ tattoo on his right arm – Meaning: This tattoo symbolizes direction, freedom, guidance, hope, and intuition.
- Symbol Tattoo on the left side of his neck.
- Cluster of Tattoos on his right forearm.
Suryakumar Yadav Lesser Known facts
- He played badminton in his early days and his father asked him to choose between the two sports.
- He has many luxury vehicles like BMW 5 Series car, Tata Fortuner, Skoda Superb, Audi A6, and Range Rover in his garage. Apart from this, he is very fond of riding bikes and he has luxury sportbikes like Harley Davidson and BMW.
- He is also the brand ambassador of the Indian sports fantasy app Free Hit.
- In order to increase his physical and mental strength, Yadav goes for different types of vigorous exercises than easy workouts.
- His paternal uncle, Vinod Yadav was his first cricket coach.
- He resigned as the Mumbai Ranji captain because of his attitude issues.
- If not cricketer, he would have been a pilot.
- His first car was Hyundai i20.
- He is an avid animal and bird lover.
- He doesn’t like English songs at all.
Suryakumar Yadav Career Summary