Shaik Rasheed biography: The Andhra Pradesh-born U19 cricketer SK Rasheed went viral right after his appointment as the vice-captain of the ICC Men’s India U19 World Cup squad.
Earlier, Shaik Rasheed captained the India U-19 A for the tri-series involving India U-19 B and Bangladesh, where Bangladesh won the match by beating India U-19 B in the finals.
Rasheed has been selected for the Under-19 World Cup after performing well in the then recently concluded tournaments including Vino Mankid Trophy, Challengers Trophy, and the Bangladesh Youth Tri-Series.
The right-handed batsman from Andhra Pradesh played 2 matches in the triangular series held in Kolkata and scored 155 runs from his bat. Sheikh Rashid’s strike rate was also beyond 100 and a century was scored with his bat.
Shaik Rasheed biography
|Date of Birth||September 24, 2004|
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
Mother – Will Update Soon
|Father – Shaik Balisha Vali|
|Siblings – Will Update Soon|
Will Update Soon
Right Handed Bat
Right-arm leg break
India A Under-19s
Will Update Soon
Shaik Rasheed Cricket Career
- Initially, Shaik Rasheed was rejected from both the U-14 and U-16 levels in Andhra Pradesh after his poor performance which makes him think of quitting cricket.
- Then his father Shaik Balisha Vali who worked as a banker in Guntur quit his job and helps SK Rasheed to get proper training.
- SK Rasheed has been appointed as the skipper of India U-19 A for the tri-series 2021 involving India U-19 B and Bangladesh.
View this post on Instagram
- Rasheed has been a part of the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2021 winning squad.
- SK Rasheed made a crucial knock of 90* off 108 deliveries against Bangladesh in the 2nd semi-final of the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2021 and guided India to set a decent target of 243 runs while the entire team struggles to cross the individual score of 30 each.
- In the finals against Sri Lanka in the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2021, Shaik Rasheed scored a match-winning knock of 31* on joining hands with opening batsman Angkrish Raghuvanshi.
- After his unsuccessful skipper role in U19 Triangular Series, SK Rasheed has been named as the vice-captain of the India U19 team for the ICC U19 World Cup 2022 where Yash Dhull from Delhi District Cricket Association has been appointed as the skipper.
- Notably, Yash Dhull served as the vice-captain of the India U19 A team where Shaik Rasheed leads the side in the U19 Triangular Series 2021.