Ishan Kishan biography
Ishan Kishan Biography: A left-handed opener Ishan Kishan was born on July 18, 1998 in Patna, Bihar. Due to registration issue between Bihar Cricket Association and the BCCI, Ishan started playing for the neighboring state Jharkhand.
Ishan made his international debut on March 14, 2021 under Virat Kohli‘s captaincy. In the post-Dhoni era in Indian cricket, he’s thrown his hat into the club of wicketkeeper-batsman waiting in the wings to replace him. Notably, Rishabh Pant becomes the main competitor for Kishan to replace MS Dhoni’s boot.
|Full Name||Ishan Pranav Kumar Pandey Kishan|
|Nick Name||Definite, Ishan Kishan|
|Date of Birth||18-Jul-1998|
|Birthplace||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Education||School: Delhi Public School, Patna|
|College: College of Commerce, Patna|
|Family||Father: Pranav Kumar Pandey|
|Mother: Suchitra Singh|
|Brother: Raj Kishan|
|Marriage Status||Not Married|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Teams Played||Jharkhand, India U19, Gujarat Lions, India A, Rest of India, East Zone, India Blue, Mumbai Indians, Board Presidents XI, India B, Indian Board Presidents XI, India Red, India C, India|
|First Class Debut||Assam vs Jharkhand at Guwahati – December 14 – 17, 2014|
|List A Debut||Odisha vs Jharkhand at Ranchi – March 07, 2014|
|T20 Debut||Jharkhand vs Tripura at Kolkata – April 02, 2014|
|International Debut||ODI: Sri Lanka vs India at Colombo (RPS) – July 18, 2021|
|T20I: India vs England at Ahmedabad – March 14, 2021|
|Coach||Santosh Kumar, Ajit Mishra, Uttam Mazumdar|
|Favorite Cricketer||Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Adam Gilchrist|
Ishan Kishan Family
- Ishan Kishan was born on 18-07-1998 in Bodh Gaya, Gaya in the state of Bihar, India.
- His father Pranav Kumar Pandey, is a builder by profession.
- Ishan was the most mischievous kid in the family.
- He was in Delhi public school Patna then he joined the College of Commerce in Patna. He was not a serious learner in school.
- His brother, Raj Kishan, currently a doctor, was also a former state-level cricketer.
- He and his brother would travel to different parts of the city to play different tournaments.
- Shooling from Delhi Public School in Patna. Apparently, the under-19 skipper hates studying.
- He would often bunk class to play football or cricket in his school days.
- He was so mischievous that he would not even take the mark sheets to home and would throw it outside of his school bus in a bid to avoid any smashing from his parents.
Ishan Kishan Early Life
- Ishan Kishan started his cricket at Moin-Ul Haq Stadium in Patna.
- He used to practice both in the morning and evening.
- Kishan loved standing behind the wicket, though hitting sixes would still be his favourite job.
- At the age of 7, he escorted the school team for the school world- match held at Aligarh.
- Due to registration issue between Bihar Cricket Association and the BCCI, Ishan started playing for neighboring state Jharkhand based on advice from a senior player and friend.
- In 2014, Ishan made his debut for Jharkhand against Odisha at the tender age of 15.
- The left-handed batsman went on to score very useful 60 runs in his very first innings and grabbed the attention of the U-19 selectors.
- He was entitled as the captain of the 2016 under-19 world cup team.
Ishan Kishan Career
- Kishan made his first-class debut in December 2014 for Jharkhand. He first caught the selectors’ eye when featuring in his debut Ranji season, scoring a hundred and 5 fifties in 2014.
- On 6 November 2016, Ishan Kishan scored 273 runs against Delhi in the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy. This was the highest score by a player for Jharkhand in the Ranji Trophy.
- In the 2017/18 season, Kishan was the highest run-getter for Jharkhand with 484 runs in just 6 matches.
- He was also Jharkhand’s highest run-scorer in the 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy with 405 runs in just 9 matches.
- In October 2018, he was named in India C’s squad for the 2018–19 Deodhar Trophy, scoring a century in the tournament’s final.
- In February 2019, in the 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, he scored an unbeaten century against Jammu & Kashmir.
- In the next match, against Manipur, scored 113 not out, to record back-to-back centuries in the tournament.
- In August 2019, he was named in the India Red team’s squad for the 2019–20 Duleep Trophy.
- In October 2019, he was named in India A’s squad for the 2019–20 Deodhar Trophy.
- On 20 February 2021, on the opening day of the 2020–21 Vijay Hazare Trophy, Kishan scored 173 runs against Madhya Pradesh.
- Jharkhand finished their innings on 422/9, the highest total by any team in the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- He took seven catches behind the stumps, to record the most catches taken by a wicket-keeper in a List A match.
Indian Premier League
- Ishan Kishan has gained tremendously from the platform that the IPL has provided.
- Ishan Kishan made his debut in IPL in 2016.
- He played only 5 matches that season for Gujarat Lions.
- The following season, he made 11 appearances where he managed to amass 277 runs at an average and a strike rate of 27.70 and 134 respectively.
- Kishan showed a glimpse of his talent in the same season against RCB. Coming in at number 7, Kishan played a brilliant 15-ball 39 run cameo and kept their side in the game till the very last over of the game.
- He impressed with his lower-order hitting for the Gujarat Lions in 2017.
- Back to back impressive seasons in domestic cricket led him to receive a contract from Mumbai Indian in the Indian Premier League for a whopping price of 6.2 crore for 2018 IPL.
- He became an integral member of the squad, playing as many as 14 matches that season. He amassed 275 runs at an average of 22.91. His strike rate of 149.45.
- He was the highest run-scorer for the Mumbai Indians in the 2020 IPL, with 516 runs from 14 matches, and won the most sixes award of the season.
- Ishan Kishan is expected to retained by Mumbai Indians in the upcoming IPL 2022 Mega Auction. Notably, CSK seeks a player like him to replace MS Dhoni in the future.
- In February 2021, Kishan was named in India’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their series against England. It was his maiden international call-up to the India cricket team.
- On March 14, 2021 Kishan made his international T20I debut against England, scoring 56 off 32 before getting out lbw to Adil Rashid.
- India went on to win the game by seven wickets with Kishan being named as the man of the match.
- In June 2021, he was named in India’s One Day International (ODI) and Twenty20 International (T20I) squads for their series against Sri Lanka.
- He made his ODI debut on 18 July 2021, for India against Sri Lanka, scoring 59 off 42 balls.
- In September 2021, Kishan was named in India’s squad for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.
Ishan Kishan Records
- Ishan hit 14 sixes in an innings against Delhi in a Ranji Trophy Match, thereby making a record of hitting maximum sixes in an Innings.
- India’s Under- 19 team under his leadership remained unbeatable for 5 consecutive matches at 2016 Under- 19 World Cup and made it to the finals. However, luck didn’t favour India on the night of the finals, as they lost the match to West Indies.
- In 2016-17 Raji Trophy, he smashed 273 runs against Delhi. This is the highest score by a player for Jharkhand in the Ranji Trophy.
- On 14 March 2021, he became the second Indian cricketer after Ajinkya Rahane to score a fifty in an international debut match; he scored a fifty against England in the 2nd T20 match.
Ishan Kishan Lesser Known Facts
- He led his school team for the School Cricket World Cup in Aligarh at the tender age of 7.
- His friends gave him the nickname ‘Definite’ after the character of Definite Khan in the film ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’.
- Ishan Kishan started his career from Patna but in 2013, he shifted to Jharkhand for more opportunities.
- After some great knocks at the age-group cricket, he was noticed by Rahul Dravid who picked him in the U-19 squad and also made him the captain of the side.
- Soon after the U-19 World Cup, he was roped in by Gujarat Lions for INR 35 Lakhs.
- He almost lost his right eye during IPL 2018 after a throw from Hardik Pandya hit on his right eye.
- His brother, Raj Kishan, currently a doctor, was also a former state-level cricketer.
- Ishan loves to play Table Tennis and Billiards.
Ishan Kishan Controversies
- Just before the beginning of the Under- 19 World Cup 2016, Ishan, according to reports, was arrested for reckless driving. His car had hit an autorickshaw. The incident happened in Kankarbagh on 12 January 2016. His father was also alleged of manhandling in the incident.
Ishan Kishan Social Media
Ishan Kishan is also one among the many cricketers to be active in social media. Following are Ishan Kishan’s official social media profiles:
Ishan Kishan Career Summary