T20 World Cup 2021 Rules: BCCI decides to host the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 in UAE amid COVID19 fear in India. The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 will kick start from October 17 with finals on November 14, 2021.
This year, ICC has decided to expand the second round from ten to twelve T20 World Cup teams. Hence, the Super 10 stage is now the Super 12 round.
T20 World Cup 2021 Rules
India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Afghanistan, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, and England have directly qualified for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Super 12 stage. Following are the new list of T20 World Cup 2021 rules:
- All teams will have 15-member squads.
- All teams can bring additional players due to the COVID-19 pandemic but ICC will not bear their costs.
- Each team will get 20 overs each to bat.
- Each bowler can bowl a maximum of four overs in T20 World Cup matches.
- All general rules of cricket for bowling will be applicable.
- There is a mandatory powerplay of six overs at the start of the innings.
- There will be field restrictions in the powerplay. A maximum of two fielders can field outside the 30-yard circle in the first six overs.
- After the first six overs, teams can place upto five fielders outside the 30-yard circle.
- For the first time, T20 World Cup will have concussion substitution. If a player has suffered a concussion, he can be replaced with a like-for-like player.
- If the ball goes to stands, it will be replaced instead of just sanitized.
- Both semifinals and finals will have a reserve day each.
- Tiebreaker: For the first time, if a match is tied in super over, continuous super overs will be played until there is a result.
- The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 will be the first edition of the tournament to feature the use of the Decision Review System(DRS).
T20 World Cup 2021 Rules – Qualification
- Eights teams in the qualifying round will be divided into two groups.
- All teams will play intra-group matches against other teams once.
- Top two teams from both groups will qualify for the Super 12 round.
T20 World Cup 2021 Rules – Super 12
- Four teams from the qualifying round will join the eight teams who were already divided into two groups of 4 teams.
- Winner of Group A and runner-up of Group B will be added to Group 1.
- Winner of Group B and runner-up of Group A will be added to Group 2.
- The top two teams from each group will qualify for the semifinals.
T20 World Cup 2021 Rules – Semifinals
- The top four teams of the ICC T20 World Cup Points Table will compete in two semifinals, with winners advancing to the final.
- Winner of Group 1 will play against the runner-up of Group 2.
- Winner of Group 2 will play against the runner-up of Group 1.
T20 World Cup 2021 Rules – Finals
- The winners of the two semifinals match will lock their horns to play the finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- The team with the most runs in the final match will be crowned the ICC T20 World Cup winners.
T20 World Cup 2021 Points Table Rules
T20 World Cup 2021 Points Table – International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided that 12 teams will be competing in the Super 12 round of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. However, 8 teams have already been finalized for the Super12 stage of the T20 World Cup 2021.
ICC releases the points system for the upcoming T20 World Cup 2021 where the winning team receives 2 points while the lost team will receive no point. Check out the full detailed scenario of the points for the respective match results below:
T20 World Cup 2021 Winners List
The first-ever T20 world cup was hosted by India where the hosts took the maiden trophy under Indian former skipper MS Dhoni‘s captaincy. Look at the T20 WC winner’s list till date:
|Year||Winner||Runners Up||Host||Finals Venue|
Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
|2009||Pakistan||Sri Lanka||England||Lord’s, London|
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown
|2012||West Indies||Sri Lanka||Sri Lanka|
R. Premadasa Stadium
Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Eden Gardens, Kolkata
T20 World Cup 2021 Prize Amount
The winner of the T20 World Cup 2021 in the United Arab Emirates will take home a cheque of $1.6 million in prize money while the runner-up will receive half of that amount.
The two losing semi-finalists will get $400,000 each while the other eight teams from the Super 12 will each be awarded $70,000.
$400,000 per team
|Super 12 wins|
$40,000 per match
|Eliminated from Super 12|
$70,000 per team
|Qualifying round wins|
$40,000 per match
|Eliminated from qualifying round|
$40,000 per team
T20 World Cup 2021 Prize Amount in Rupees
Following are the details of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 prize amount converted in rupees(may vary according to the international change in dollar t0 INR value):
Amount in Rupees(Approx)
|Winners||Rs 12 crore|
|Runners-Up||Rs 6 crore|
|Losing Semi-finalists||Rs 3 crores|
|Super 12 wins||Rs 30 Lakhs|
|Eliminated from Super 12||Rs 53 Lakhs|
|Qualifying round wins||Rs 30 Lakhs|
|Eliminated from qualifying round||Rs 30 Lakhs|