HomeCricketScheduleCSK vs PBKS Pitch Report, Weather, Stats, Prediction and Squad

CSK vs PBKS Pitch Report, Weather, Stats, Prediction and Squad

CSK vs PBKS Pitch Report: Chennai Super Kings will lock horns with Punjab Kings on May 01 at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium.

After registering a Victory against SRH, Chennai is set to host Punjab Kings on Wednesday’s clash. On the other hand, PBKS has secured a victory against Kolkata on a high-score encounter to become the team with the highest runs chase in IPL.

Ruturaj-led side is eyeing the spot in the playoffs as they secured five victories out of nine matches in the season while Punjab Kings has only three victories out of 9 matches they played in the tournament. Currently, CSK has secured fourth position while PBKS secured 8th position in the IPL 2024 points table.

Tournament Indian Premier League 2024
Match Chennai Super Kings vs Punjab Kings
Venue M.A. Chidambaram Stadium
Date Wednesday, May 01, 2024
Time 07:30 PM IST/ 02:00 PM GMT

CSK vs PBKS Pitch Report

M.A. Chidambaram Stadium is the home ground for the CSK team and is known for its spin-friendly conditions. The Surface is bouncy, but the patchy and dry nature of the pitch will make the ball turn. Batters will struggle to score at Chepauk as the pitch supports bowling conditions.

Out of 81 IPL matches played in Chepauk Stadium, the team that batted first won 48 matches while the second batting team secured victory on 33 occasions. The average 1st innings total at the stadium is 188 while the average 2nd innings total is 161.

Weather Report at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium

With no chance of rain, the temperature will be 32 degrees Celsius around the city but will feel like 39 degrees Celsius in the stadium during the match.

The humidity will be around 83% and the air remains unhealthy. Cricket Fans can get more details on the weather report on the stadium.

Apart from this, We have also shared Today Match’s Dream 11 prediction of where you can have an update on the Fantasy11 team. Apart from this, We also shared the details of today’s match along with the venue, time, and many other stats.

CSK vs PBKS Head-to-Head Stats

Chennai Super Kings and Punjab Kings have played 28 matches against each other so far where CSK secured victories in 15 matches while PBKS has registered 13 victories against Chennai. CSK has posted a high score of 240 runs against Punjab while PBKS has secured a high score of 231 against Chennai.

CSK vs PBKS Prediction

As per Google’s win prediction, Chennai Super Kings has a slight advantage with a 60% winning chance while Punjab Kings have a 40% winning chance.

This percentage was based on home-ground stats and the current form of both teams in the IPL 2024 season.

CSK vs PBKS Squad

 Chennai Super Kings

Ajinkya Rahane, Ruturaj Gaikwad(c), Daryl Mitchell, Moeen Ali, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni(w), Deepak Chahar, Tushar Deshpande, Mustafizur Rahman, Matheesha Pathirana, Sameer Rizvi, Shardul Thakur, Shaik Rasheed, Mitchell Santner, Rachin Ravindra, Ajay Jadav Mandal, Prashant Solanki, Mukesh Choudhary, Simarjeet Singh, RS Hangargekar, Maheesh Theekshana, Nishant Sindhu, Aravelly Avanish, Richard Gleeson

Punjab Kings

Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran(c), Rilee Rossouw, Jitesh Sharma(w), Shashank Singh, Ashutosh Sharma, Harpreet Brar, Harshal Patel, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Arshdeep Singh, Prabhsimran Singh, Rishi Dhawan, Vidhwath Kaverappa, Shivam Singh, Prince Choudhary, Vishwanath Singh, Nathan Ellis, Atharva Taide, Tanay Thyagarajan, Liam Livingstone, Sikandar Raza, Chris Woakes, Harpreet Singh Bhatia, Shikhar Dhawan


Who is the leading runscorer for CSK in IPL 2024?

Ruturaj Gaikwad was the leading runscorer for CSK as he amassed 447 runs in 9 matches he played.

Who is the leading runscorer for PBKS in IPL 2024?

Shashank Singh was the leading runscorer for PBKS as he amassed 263 runs in 9 matches he played.

Who is the leading wicket-taker for CSK in IPL 2024?

Mustafizur Rahman was the leading wicket-taker for CSK in IPL 2024 as he picked 14 wickets in 8 matches he played.

Who is the leading wicket-taker for PBKS in IPL 2024?

Harshal Patel is the leading wicket-taker for PBKS as he picked 14 wickets in 9 matches he played.

I'm Johi, a dedicated cricket news writer! With a passion for the game and a keen eye for detail, I would always love to bring you the latest updates, insights, and analysis from the world of cricket & Football with a positive entertainment.

Must Read