Smriti Mandhana reveals that working out and playing games along with family keeps her busy during this lockdown period. Indian female cricketer Smriti Mandhana who has a huge fan base reveals the thing she upto as cricket games were paused due to the lockdown.
Mandhana misses her time in ground
Earlier Mandhana reveals that she is badly missing the game and can’t wait to be back on the field with her teammates once normalcy returns.
“We’ve been touring so long and I never imagined that we would go on to make so many amazing memories,” Mandhana wrote on Instagram along with photos of her Indian teammates.
“All this has become such an important part of my life. I just can’t wait to be back on the field and back with my teammates. But until then I’ll cherish every single moment! To many more memories…soon,” she added.
Smriti Mandhana’s crush
Smriti Mandhana revealed her crush while interacting with a fan in twitter’s Q&A session.
a Twitter user asked Smriti Mandhana about her crush, to which Smriti Mandhana revealed that ever since her childhood she has a crush on Hrithik Roshan. She wrote:
“Since my childhood @iHrithik 😍😍”
Smriti Mandhana’s list of awards
- Sportswoman of the Year (Cricket) at the Sportstar ACES Awards 2020
- 2019 ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year
- 2019 ICC Women’s T20I Team of the Year
- 2018 Women’s Cricketer of the Year
- 2018 Women’s ODI Player of the Year
- Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award, 2018
- ICC Women’s Team of the Year 2016
- Ceat International Cricket’s International Woman Cricketer of the Year award
- Navbharat Times Awards, 2019
- Arjuna Award for Cricket, 2018
Smriti Mandhana unknown facts
- She idolises Matthew Hayden and Kumar Sangakkara.
- Smriti played with a bat gifted by Rahul Dravid when she scored unbeaten 224 in West Zone U-19 Cricket League against Gujarat.
- She wears the same number of jersey (18) as Virat Kohli.
- Smriti is the brand ambassador for the POWER brand of Bata.
- She is a big fan of fellow cricketer Jhulan Goswami and looks up to her as a role model.
- Smriti was named in the 2019 Forbes Top 30 Under 30 for her exceptional performance.
- She has also played for the Brisbane Heat and Hobart Hurricanes in the Women’s Big Bash League, Australia.
- Smriti also has played in the Women’s Super League for the Western Storm
- She started 2019 being the top-ranked batswoman in ICC’s rankings.
- It was Smriti’s brother who inspired her to take up cricket at the age of 6. That turned
- She was the only Indian batsman to be named in the ICC Women’s team of the year.
- Her first ODI century was against Australia in Hobart where she knocked a punch of 102 runs.
- Mandhana was the first Indian woman to score a double hundred in a one-day game, playing for Maharashtra against Gujarat in October 2013.
- She is the 2nd Indian cricketer to sign a 1-year deal with the Brisbane Heat for the Women’s Big Bash League, following Indian skipper Harmanpreet Kaur.
Check out the video: