RCB Title Sponsor: Qatar Airways – Qatar’s state-owned flag carrier airline was named as the Title sponsor of RCB for the IPL 2023 season.
Qatar Airways Becomes RCB Title Sponsor
RCB Title Sponsor: Qatar Airways replaces Muthoot Fincorp as the title sponsor of Royal Challengers Bangalore. RCB have not won a single title since their appearance.
All 10 participating teams will be divided into 5 teams of two groups where all teams will play 7 home and 7 away matches. Royal Challengers Bangalore has been placed in group B along with PBKS, SRH, CSK, and GT. A total of 70 league matches including 18 double headers will be played during the event.
As per IPL 2023 Schedule, Faf du Plessis-led RCB will play their first match of the tournament against Mumbai Indians on April 2 in Bengaluru.
IPL 2023 RCB Sponsors
IPL 2023 RCB Sponsors: The brand value of Royal Challengers Bangalore was estimated to be ₹595 crores (US$75 million) in 2019, according to a survey conducted by Duff & Phelps.
Following are the details of the IPL 2023 RCB Sponsors with RCB Title Sponsor details:
|Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
|NVY – Enviously Yours
|Fever 104 FM
|Official Commercial Partner
IPL 2023 Format
IPL 2023 Format: The format of the IPL 2023 edition will be the same as the previous year but there will be changes in the venues. Following are the details of the IPL 2023 Format:
- The ten teams are divided into two groups of five.
- A random draw was used to determine the groups and who plays whom across the groups once and twice.
- In the group stage, each team plays 14 games facing the other four teams in their group two times each (one home and one away game), four teams in the other group once, and the remaining team two times.
- IPL Points Table system: The team winning a match will be awarded 2 points. The losing team will not receive any points. In case of a draw or no result, both teams will be awarded 1 point.
- A four-game playoff stage following the Page playoff system is held after the group stage. Four games will be played in the playoffs:
- Qualifier 1: between the teams ranked first and second in the group stage.
- Eliminator: between the teams ranked third and fourth in the group stage.
- Qualifier 2: between the loser of Qualifier 1 and the winner of the Eliminator.
- Final: between the winners of Qualifiers 1 and 2.
IPL 2023 New Rules
IPL 2023 New Rules: BCCI introduced Impact Player Rule in IPL 2023 season and bring up a major change in IPL history. Apart from this, the tournament will follow the last edition’s rules. Following are the details of the IPL 2023 rules:
- IPL 2023 to have two DRS for each inning.
- Upon a catch dismissal, irrespective of whether the batsmen have crossed or not the incoming batsman will take the strike, except if it’s the last ball of the over
- If any team fails to find their playing XI due to COVID-19, the BCCI will attempt to reschedule the game later in the IPL 2023.
- If rescheduling won’t be possible then IPL Technical Team will see the matter.
- In Playoffs/Final: If Super Over or subsequent Super Overs can’t be completed due to some reason then the team that has finished higher in the league will be declared as the winner.
What is Impact Player Rule
- Impact Player can only be an Indian player unless there are less than 4 overseas players in the Playing XI.
- Only an overseas player who is part of 4 substitutes named in the team sheet can be used as an Impact Player. If a team introduces an overseas player as an Impact Player in a match, in no circumstance can a 5th overseas player take the field.
- Teams need to pick 4 substitutes along with the playing X1 during toss time & out of 4, only one can be used as an impact player.
- Captain will nominate the Impact Player
- Impact Player can be introduced before the start of the innings, or after the completion of the over, or after the fall of a wicket or after the batter retires anytime during the over.
- A Player who is replaced by an Impact Player (“Replaced Player”) can no longer take part in the remainder of the match and is also not permitted to return as a substitute fielder.
- The BCCI confirms that an Impact Player cannot act as a captain.
- An Impact Player can come in place of a retired batter who will be allowed to come later if need be.
- Both teams are allowed to use one Impact Player per match. It is, however, not compulsory. It is up to teams whether they want to use the Impact Player or not.
- If a player gets injured while fielding mid-over, he can no longer take part in the match if the team introduces Impact Player to replace him.
- In case of an injury to the impact player during the match, a substitute fielder is allowed to field in place of an injured player only if umpires are satisfied.
- The substitute shall not bowl or act as captain.
- Penalty time for the batting and fielding teams will apply to the player off the field for the substitute as per the playing conditions.
IPL 2023 Team Captains
IPL Schedule 2023: Following are the details of the IPL 2023 captains of the participating teams. Delhi Capitals is expected to announce their new captain as Rishabh Pant is on verge of losing this year’s IPL after surviving a near-fatal car accident.
Changes will be updated here(if made) after the official announcements:
|Chennai Super Kings
|Kolkata Knight Riders
|Lucknow Super Giants
|Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Faf du Plessis