HomeCricketIPLPBKS vs CSK Pitch Report, Weather, Stats, Prediction and Squad

PBKS vs CSK Pitch Report, Weather, Stats, Prediction and Squad

PBKS vs CSK Pitch Report: Punjab Kings will lock horns with Chennai Super Kings on May 05 at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium.

After securing a victory against CSK in a home-away ground, Punjab Kings is set to host Chennai Super Kings on Sunday clash. Punjab Kings has four victories out of 10 matches they played. They are eyeing victory against CSK in home ground hoping to advance to playoffs.

On the other hand, CSK had a great start in the campaign but failed to continue the momentum as they lost five matches out of 10 games they played in the tournament so far. Securing victories against teams Gujarat Titans, Kolkata Knight Riders, and Mumbai Indians, they suffered defeats in the matches against Lucknow, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Punjab Kings.

CSK will be eyeing revenge on their defeat in their previous encounter with Punjab. Currently, CSK is in 5th position while PBKS has secured 8th position of the IPL 2024 points table.

Tournament Indian Premier League 2024
Match Punjab Kings vs Chennai Super Kings
Venue HPCA Stadium
Date Sunday, May 05, 2024
Time 03:30 PM IST/ 10:00 AM GMT

PBKS vs CSK Pitch Report

The HPCA stadium in Dharamsala favors the bowlers, particularly the pacers. The ball movement during the game will make the powerplay more important for the bowling team.

Toss winning team might choose to bowl first, as chasing will be much more like a strategy to win the match.

Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium
HPCA Stadium (Image: Wiki)

Apart from this, We have also shared Today Match’s Dream 11 prediction of where you can have an update on the Fantasy11 team. Apart from this, We also shared the details of today’s match along with the venue, time, and many other stats.

Weather Report at HPCA Stadium

With a 60% chance of rain, Dharamsala will be providing comfortable weather conditions for the players. In the afternoon, the temperature will be around 23 degrees Celsius. For detailed reports, we have shared a post on today’s weather reports at Dharamsala.

PBKS vs CSK Head-to-Head Stats

Punjab and Chennai have played 29 IPL matches, where PBKS won on 14 occasions while CSK registered 15 wins. PBKS has a highest total of 231 against Chennai while CSK has a high score of 240 against Punjab.

PBKS vs CSK prediction

As per Google Win Probability, CSK has a slight advantage with a 54% winning chance, while Punjab Kings have a 46% winning chance.

This percentage was based on home-ground stats and the current form of both teams in the season.

PBKS vs CSK Squad

Punjab Kings 

Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran(c), Rilee Rossouw, Shashank Singh, Jitesh Sharma(w), Ashutosh Sharma, Harpreet Brar, Harshal Patel, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Arshdeep Singh, Prabhsimran Singh, Liam Livingstone, Harpreet Singh Bhatia, Rishi Dhawan, Vidhwath Kaverappa, Shikhar Dhawan, Chris Woakes, Tanay Thyagarajan, Atharva Taide, Nathan Ellis, Shivam Singh, Prince Choudhary, Vishwanath Singh

Chennai Super Kings

Ajinkya Rahane, Ruturaj Gaikwad(c), Daryl Mitchell, Moeen Ali, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni(w), Shardul Thakur, Tushar Deshpande, Richard Gleeson, Matheesha Pathirana, Sameer Rizvi, Mukesh Choudhary, Simarjeet Singh, Shaik Rasheed, Prashant Solanki, Mitchell Santner, Rachin Ravindra, Ajay Jadav Mandal, RS Hangargekar, Maheesh Theekshana, Nishant Sindhu, Aravelly Avanish


Who is the leading runscorer for PBKS in IPL 2024?

Shashank Singh was the leading runscorer for PBKS as he amassed 288 runs in 10 matches he played.

Who is the leading runscorer for CSK in IPL 2024?

Ruturaj Gaikwad was the leading runscorer for CSK as he amassed 509 runs in 10 matches he played.

Who is the leading wicket-taker for PBKS in IPL 2024?

Harshal Patel was the leading wicket-taker for PBKS as he picked 14 wickets in 10 matches he played.

Who is the leading wicket-taker for CSK in IPL  2024?

Mustafizur Rahman was the leading wicket-taker for CSK as he picked 14 wickets in 9 matches he played.

I'm Johi, a dedicated cricket news writer! With a passion for the game and a keen eye for detail, I would always love to bring you the latest updates, insights, and analysis from the world of cricket & Football with a positive entertainment.

Must Read