BCCI Updates on IPL 2021 Auction Date: Former India captain and current BCCI president Sourav Ganguly, who underwent angioplasty following a mild heart attack, was discharged from Woodlands hospital on Thursday, reportedly attended the IPL Governing Council Meeting on Tuesday via a video call from his hospital bed.
Ganguly Discharged from Hospital
A report in India Today claims that Ganguly was ‘not available on video, but was there on an audio call from his hospital bed for the duration of the meeting’. Ganguly was diagnosed with three blocked coronary arteries on Saturday last week, following which a stent was inserted in one to remove the blockage.
After being discharged from Woodlands hospital, Ganguly thanked the doctors for the treatment and said he is ‘absolutely fine’. “I thank the doctors at the hospital for the treatment. I am absolutely fine,” Ganguly said as quoted by ANI.
BCCI Updates on IPL 2021 Auction Date
Meanwhile, the IPL’s governing council decided that the eight franchises will be allowed to submit the names of their retained players by January 21, the league’s chairman Brijesh Patel said on Thursday.
Patel and members of the IPL GC recently had a virtual meeting earlier this week where the planning and preparations of the next IPL were discussed at length.
“We will have the players’ retention till January 21 and the trading window for the franchises closes on February 4,”
The 14th edition of the IPL Auction is set to stage at Chennai on February 18, 2021. The eight IPL teams enjoy a players’ purse of Rs 85 crore and Patel said that there will be “no increase of purse” for the 2021 auction.
IPL 2021 Schedule
Soon after the IPL 2021 Auction, BCCI will release the schedule and venues for the IPL 2021.
According to some media reports, the 14th edition of the IPL is slated to be held in its original April-May window, but the venue and dates for IPL 2021 are yet to be announced by BCCI.
IPL teams Purse value
- CSK has a purse value of Rs 22.9 Cr.
- Delhi Capitals(DC) has access to Rs 12.8 Cr in their auction purse.
- Kings XI Punjab(KXIP) has access to Rs 53.2 Cr in their auction purse.
- Kolkata Knight Riders(KKR) has access to Rs 10.85 Cr in their auction purse.
- Mumbai Indians(MI) has access to Rs 15.35 Cr in their auction purse.
- Rajasthan Royals(RR) has access to Rs 34.85 Cr in their auction purse.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB) has access to Rs 35.7 Cr in their auction purse.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad(SRH) has access to Rs 10.75 Cr in their auction purse.
Remaining Overseas Players Slot:
Each IPL teams have at least one overseas player’s vacancy ahead of going to IPL 2021 Auction.
- RCB – 11 (3).
- KXIP – 9 (5).
- DC – 8 (3).
- RR – 8 (3).
- MI – 7 (4).
- CSK – 7 (1).
- KKR – 7 (1).
- SRH – 3 (1).