Indian skipper Virat Kohli is considered as one of the greatest cricketers of all time. Times of Sports(TOS) listed records, achievements, and awards received by Virat Kohli.
Virat Kohli records
- Virat Kohli is the only Indian batsman who got 890 rating points in the ICC ODI ranking. Previously Sachin Tendulkar got the best rating of 887 in 1998.
- Virat Kolhi has the record of having the highest ICC rating points (922) in the ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen.
- Virat Kohli scored sixth double centuries as a captain in test matches. He surpassed Cricket legend Brian Lara, who had five double centuries as a test captain.
- Virat Kohli became the first player to hit consecutive 3 centuries in against two opponents (West Indies & Sri Lanka).
- Kolhi is the most successful Indian ODI captain. Kohli’s success rate is 75.89% as a captain which is better than M.S. Dhoni.
- Virat Kohli scored more than 20,000 runs at an average of over 50 in all formats -Test matches, One Day Internationals, and T-20 matches.
- Rahul Dravid scored 10,000 ODI runs after playing 10 years, 317 days while Kohli achieved this by playing just 10 years and 68 days.
Most double centuries by an Indian in Test cricket
In 2019, Kohli surpassed Sachin Tendulkar and Virendra Sehwag to smash most double centuries by an Indian in test cricket. Kohli has seven centuries in the long format of the game, while Sachin and Sehwag have six double centuries each.
Most runs in a single IPL season – 973
Kohli scored 973 runs in the ninth edition of the Indian Premier League to guide his team to the finals of the tournament. The season saw him score as many as four centuries — the most by a player in a single season. That year, Kohli led India to new heights as a captain with his consistency.
Most runs in a calendar year/series
In 2017, Kohli slammed 11 centuries across all formats of the game and amassed 3000 runs. As a captain, he led India to new heights, winning all the series at home.
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year by an Indian cricketer – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Highest combined international runs scored in a year by an Indian cricketer – 2818 international runs in 2017
- Second Highest centuries by an Indian
- Most Test runs in 2018 by any cricketer
- Most ODI run s in 2018 by any cricketer
Milestones reached by Virat Kohli
- Fastest Indian to reach 1000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 10, 15, 20, and 25 centuries in ODIs
- The only batsman in history to average more than 50 in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is simultaneously
- Fastest in the world to reach 30 and 35 centuries in ODIs
- Second fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is
- First Indian cricketer to score three successive centuries in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 15,000 international runs
- Fastest batsman to score 17,000 runs in international cricket (363 innings)
Virat Kohli Awards
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2017 (captain)
- Padma Shri: 2017
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (captain)
- Arjuna Award: 2013
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna: 2018