Rohit Sharma Records Awards: Hitman Rohit Sharma is the name that comes into everyone’s mind when one thinks about the double centuries in ODI format. While many players struggle to make a century in ODI, Rohit scored the feat of a double century for three times in his carrier so far.
Not only this Rohit holds various unique records under his name. Times of Sports(TOS) listed records, achievements, and awards received by Rohit Sharma.
Rohit Sharma records
- Rohit has a unique record of reaching a century with a six in all three formats.
- The highest individual score of Rohit Sharma is 264 in the ODI. This is the highest individual score by a player in ODI format so far.
- Rohit Sharma is the only batsman to score 3 double centuries in the one-day international matches.
- Rohit has the record of scoring the highest number of fours (33) in an ODI inning.
- Rohit has the second-highest number of sixes, 16 (after Eoin Morgan, 17), in ODI innings.
- He is the fastest Indian opener (83 innings) and the second-fastest opener (behind Hashim Amla) in the world to score 4000 ODI runs.
- He is the fastest Indian opener and the second-fastest opener in the world to touch 5000 ODI runs. Rohit took 102 innings to do so while Hashim Amla achieved this feat in just 100 innings.
- Rohit Sharma is the only batsman who scored 8 innings of 150+ in ODIs breaking the records of David Warner and Sachin Tendulkar.
- He is the third-highest century Scorer (29) Indian in the ODIs after the Sachin and Virat Kohli. Sachin and Kohli have scored 49 and 43 centuries respectively in the ODIs.
- He is the only batsman in the 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup who has scored 5 centuries.
- He is declared the ODI player of the year 2019 by the ICC.
- Rohit Sharma holds a total of 21 “Player Of Match Awards” in ODI.
- Rohit Sharma is the second leading run-getter for India in T20 Internationals.
- Sharma is the highest run-scorer Indian player (118 runs) in the T-20I format.
- Rohit is the second Indian after Suresh Raina to have scored at least a century in each of the three forms of International Cricket.
- Rohit Sharma is the only Indian to score a T20I century as a captain. While Virat Kohli still struggles to secure a century in the T20I format.
- He has the record of most number of sixes (i.e. 133 – as of April 2021) by an Indian batsman in T20Is format.
- He became the first and the only batsman in the world to score four T20I centuries.
- It was the same series when Sachin Tendulkar retired. Sharma made his Test debut at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. He scored 177 on his debut match.
- Rohit holds the second-best score on debut by an Indian — behind Shikhar Dhawan.
- Sharma became the first Indian to score two centuries in his first Test as an opener, having slammed 176 and 127.
- His high score of 212 runs came against South Africa in October 2019.
- Sharma becomes the third Indian cricketer to score back-to-back centuries in the first two tests – a feat achieved earlier by Sourav Ganguly in 1996 in England and Mohammad Azharuddin in 1984.
- Rohit Sharma scored his 1st outside India hundred against England on September 4, 2021, which is eventually his 8th overall Test hundred.
- Rohit Sharma is currently (March 2021) one of four players who have scored 5,000 career runs in the competition.
- Rohit is considered as one of the most successful skippers as he bags 5 IPL trophies for Mumbai Indians.
- Rohit has more 400-plus run seasons for MI than any other batsman. Five times he has breached the barrier – scoring 433 runs in 2012, 538 runs in 2013, 482 in 2015 and 405 in 2019.
- Overall, Rohit has seven 400-plus run seasons in the history of IPL, second only to Suresh Raina.
- Rohit’s tally of 28 half-centuries is the most by a MI player.
- Besides his record in batting, Rohit Sharma has been a pretty good fielder for MI. Rohit skipper holds the record for the most number of catches taken in an innings. Rohit has so far taken 89 catches as a fielder in IPL. He will have a chance to go past Kieron Pollard (90) in this list and become the most successful fielder among Mumbai players
- Rohit Sharma is the only Indian cricketer in the IPL to have scored a hundred and taken a hat-trick in the league. Notably, Rohit claimed his maiden IPL hat-trick against his current team Mumbai Indians while playing for Deccan Chargers in IPL 2009.
Awards and Accolades
- Rohit Sharma was honoured with the ‘Arjuna Award’ in 2015.
- 2015 – GQ award for Sportsman of the Year.
- Name included in ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year – 2019
- Awarded the Golden Bat award for scoring the most number of runs in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Rohit Sharma won the Sportsman of the year award from Indian Sports Honours. (Year – 2019)
- Rohit Sharma was awarded the highest sports honor of the country, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2020.