Table of Contents
Yashasvi Jaiswal Biography: Yashasvi Jaiswal made an unbelievable and most inspiring journey from selling ‘Pani Puri’ during the evening and sleeping under a tent to becoming the youngest double centurion in the history of List A cricket at the age of 17 years, 292 days.
Yashasvi Jaiswal came under the spotlight when he scored a double hundred while playing for Mumbai against Jharkhand in the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20 which made him the youngest batsman ever in List A cricket to score a double century.
His career point changed when he was bought by an Indian Premier League (IPL) team Rajasthan Royals for a whopping INR 2.40 crores in IPL 2020 Auction.
Yashasvi Jaiswal Biography Overview
Yashasvi Bhupendra Kumar Jaiswal
|Date of Birth||December 28, 2001|
Suriya, Uttar Pradesh
Father – Bhupendra Jaiswal
Mother – Kanchan Jaiswal
Siblings – Will Update Soon
Left hand bat
India B, Rajasthan Royals, India Under-19, Mumbai, India Under-23, India Blue Under-19, India Red Under-19, North Mumbai Panthers, India A Under-19
|FC – Chhattisgarh vs Mumbai at Mumbai – January 07 – 09, 2019|
|List A – India U-23s vs Bdesh U-23s at Lucknow – September 20, 2019|
|T20 – Royals vs Super Kings at Sharjah – September 22, 2020|
Yashasvi Jaiswal Early Life
- Jaiswal was born on 28 December 2001 in Suriyawan, Bhadohi, Uttar Pradesh.
- He was the fourth of six children to Bhupendra Jaiswal.
- His father was an owner of a small hardware store, and his mother Kanchan Jaiswal was a housewife.
- At the age of ten, he moved to Dadar, Mumbai, to receive cricket training at Azad Maidan.
- As Dadar was far away from the Maidan, he relocated to the Kalbadevi neighborhood where he was given accommodation in a dairy shop in return for low-grade work.
- He was eventually ejected by the shopkeeper as he was unable to provide much help at the shop in between his cricket training.
- Having no place of his own, Jaiswal stayed in a tent with the groundsmen at the Maidan, where he often slept hungry and sold panipuri to make ends meet.
- After living in tents for three years, Jaiswal’s cricketing talent was spotted in December 2013 by Jwala Singh, who ran a cricket academy in Santacruz.
- Singh took Jaiswal under his wing and provided him a place to stay, before becoming his legal guardian and obtaining his power of attorney.
Yashasvi Jaiswal Domestic Career
- Jaiswal first came to the limelight in 2015 when he scored 319 not out and took 13/99 in a Giles Shield match, an all-round record in school cricket, which was recognized by Limca Book of Records.
- He was then selected in Mumbai under-16 squad followed by India under-19s.
- Jaiswal was the highest run-scorer (318 runs) and player of the tournament in 2018 were bowled out for 152 and 85, in an innings win.
- Later that year, he scored 294 runs in 7 matches, including four half-centuries, in the under-19 tri-series in England which also featured Bangladesh.
- Jaiswal made his first-class debut for Mumbai against Chattisgarh in the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy on 7 January 2019.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal was named in the 2018 U-19 Asia Cup which was the turning point of his life.
- He started with a hundred and ended up scoring 318 runs, the highest in the tournament, leading India to victory.
- In his first Youth test debut, he hammered a 173 and led India to a win. Further, he scored four half-centuries against England and Bangladesh in a tri-series that year.
- He made his List A debut on 28 September 2019, for Mumbai in the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- On 16 October 2019, he scored 203 runs off 154 balls in a Vijay Hazare Trophy match against Jharkhand and became the youngest double centurion in the history of List A cricket at 17 years, 292 days.
- His knock included 17 fours and 12 sixes against a bowling attack consisting of Varun Aaron and Shahbaz Nadeem.
- He was one of the top five run-scorers at the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy, with 564 runs in 6 matches at an average of 112.80.
- He was named in the India B squad for the 2019–20 Deodhar Trophy.
Yashasvi Jaiswal World Cup Career
- In December 2019, he was named in India’s squad for the 2020 Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- He became the leading scorer in the tournament and scored a century against Pakistan in the semi-final.
Yashasvi Jaiswal IPL Career
- In the 2020 IPL auction, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals for INR 2.4 crores ahead of the 2020 Indian Premier League (IPL).
- He made his Twenty20 debut for the Rajasthan Royals in the 2020 IPL on 22 September 2020.
- He made his maiden half-century against Chennai Super Kings on 2nd October 2021.
- Ahead of IPL 2022 Mega Auction, RR has retained Yashasvi Jaiswal for INR 4 crores.
Yashasvi Jaiswal Batting Stats
Yashasvi Jaiswal Bowling Stats