Umran Malik Biography: Hailing as the fourth cricketer from Jammu and Kashmir to play in IPL, Umran Malik scripts history in his debut match by becoming the third pacer to clock 151+ KMPH speed in IPL 2021 after Lockie Ferguson and Anrich Nortje.
Apart from scripting this record, Umran Malik also becomes the only Indian player to clock 151 KMPH more than twice in a single match of IPL.
Check Umran Malik biography with his career journey, records, and much more interesting facts.
Umran Malik Biography – Overview
|Full Name||Umran Malik|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1999|
|Birth Place||Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir|
|School: Class Tenth drop out|
|College: Not Known|
|Father – Abdul Rashid Malik(Fruit seller)|
|Mother – Not Known|
|Siblings – Two sisters (Name not known)|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast|
|Teams Played||Jammu and Kashmir, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad, India A|
|FC – SA A vs India A at Bloemfontein – November 23 – 26, 2021|
|List A – Bengal vs JK at Kolkata – February 27, 2021|
|T20 – Railways vs JK at Alur – January 18, 2021|
|Test – Not Yet Player|
|ODI – Not Yet Player|
|T20I – Not Yet Player|
|Favourite Cricketer||Will Update Soon|
|Coach||Randhir Singh Manhas|
Umran Malik Early Life
- Umran Malik was born in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir on November 22, 1999.
- Umran Malik’s father Abdul Rashid is a fruit seller.
- Coming from a family who could barely afford his expenses, his father motivated him to continue with his practice.
- Umran Malik was a class ten drop out after which all he did was just play cricket.
- Umran Malik started playing cricket at the age of 17 at the Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council in Srinagar where he as spotted by Randhir Minhas, the head of that academy popularly known as “Rajan sir” there.
- As Umran was impressive with his pace, his coach criticised him for his casual approach towards the spot.
- He scolded him to get serious and disciplined in order to pursue his dreams.
- Further, he described him as a raw talent with immense potential but needs more guidance.
- A few months later, he got selected in the U19 Jammu and Kashmir team but was omitted from the playing 11 in every match played there.
- While he was practicing in the nets, the then coach of the Assam team and the former wicketkeeper of India Ajay Ratra saw him bowling in the nets. So impressed with his pace he condemn the selectors for not selecting him in Jammu and Kashmir team.
Umran Malik Domestic Career
- Umran Malik made his Twenty20 debut on 18 January 2021, for Jammu & Kashmir in the 2020–21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- Umran Malik made his List A debut on 27 February 2021, for Jammu & Kashmir in the 2020–21 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- He gained attention during the match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Royal Challengers Bangalore when he bowled five balls in a row at more than 150 kmph.
- Following an impressive IPL 2021 performance, he was named as a net bowler for India’s team for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021.
- He made his first-class debut on 23 November 2021, for India A against South Africa A.
Umran Malik IPL Career
- In September 2021, Malik was named a short-term COVID-19 replacement for T. Natarajan by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2021 Indian Premier League.
- In April 2021, he was selected as one of three net bowlers for the 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL).
- On 3 October 2021, he made his debut in the IPL, as a replacement player for injured T Natarajan against Kolkata Knight Riders, during the 49th match of the 2021 Indian Premier League.
- Malik clocked 150kph in his very first over, and a couple more times in the game.
- In the next game, against Royal Challengers Bangalore, Malik went a step further by bowling the second-fastest delivery of IPL 2021 – the 152.95kph-ball.
- Umran Malik dismissed KS Bharat in that same match against RCB to get his first wicket in his IPL Career.
- He took another wicket in his next match against Mumbai Indians.
- He was retained by Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 2022 auction.
- Umran Malik dismissed Jos Buttler in his first match of the IPL 2022 season.
Umran Malik Record
- He delivers the 12th fastest delivery by an Indian in IPL history and becomes the only Indian to clock 150kmph twice in a single match of IPL.
- He is the Fourth cricketer from Jammu & Kashmir to play in the IPL after Parvez Rasool, Rasikh Salam, and Abdul Samad.
Umran Malik Batting Stats
Umran Malik Bowling Stats