Tim David: Timothy Hays David becomes the first cricketer from Singapore to feature in the Indian Premier League. IPL is not the first league match for Time David, Yes the Singaporean cricketer has played domestic cricket for Australian, England, and Pakistani teams.
Notably, Tim David have dual nationality he holds both Singapore and Australian citizenship. But the 6 feet 5 inches tall David currently plays international cricket for Singapore.
Tim David Biography
|Full Name||Timothy Hays David|
|Nick Name||Tim David|
|Date of Birth||16-Mar-96|
|Family||Father – Rod David|
|Mother – N/A|
|Siblings – N/A|
|Girlfriend Name||Stephanie Kershaw|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Teams Played||Western Australia XI, Perth Scorchers, Singapore, Hobart Hurricanes, Lahore Qalandars, Surrey, Saint Lucia Kings, Southern Brave, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Domestic Debut||List A – Qatar vs Singapore at Kuala Lumpur – September 17, 2019|
|T20 – Sixers vs Scorchers at Perth – January 01, 2018|
|International Debut||T20I – Singapore vs Qatar at Singapore – July 22, 2019|
|ODI – N/A|
|Test – N/A|
|Franchise Cricket||BBL – Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers on January 1, 2018|
|PSL – Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi on May 2021|
|IPL – N/A|
Tim David Family
- Timothy Hays David was born in Singapore on 16 March 1996.
- His father Rod David is also an Ex-Singapore international and represented the country in the 1997 ICC World Cup qualifier, a tournament that was won by Bangladesh.
- The family moved to Singapore from Australia in the 1990s where his father worked as an engineer.
- They moved back to Australia when he was two years old in the wake of the 1997 Asian financial crisis and he grew up in Perth.
- Tim David is currently dating Stephanie Kershaw who is a field hockey player representing the Australian field hockey team.
Tim David Career
Though Tim David appeared less frequent for the national team, he is a busy player in terms of T20 league matches. Tim David featured most in every nation’s domestic cricket league matches. Have a look at this players career journey below:
- In July 2019, David was added to a training squad for the Singapore cricket team ahead of the Regional Finals of the 2018–19 ICC T20 World Cup Asia Qualifier tournament.
- Later the same month, he was named in Singapore’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for the Regional Finals of the tournament.
- He made his T20I debut for Singapore against Qatar on 22 July 2019.
- In September 2019, David was named in Singapore’s squad for the 2019 Malaysia Cricket World Cup Challenge League A tournament.
- He made his List A debut for Singapore, against Qatar, in the Cricket World Cup Challenge League A tournament on 17 September 2019.
- He was the leading run-scorer in the tournament, with 369 runs in five matches.
- In October 2019, he was named in Singapore’s squad for the 2019 ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier tournament in the United Arab Emirates.
- Ahead of the tournament, the International Cricket Council (ICC) named him as the player to watch in Singapore’s squad.
Tim David has also played domestic cricket for Australian, English, and Pakistani teams. In IPL 2021, RCB roped Tim David for the UAE leg of the cash-rich tournamnet.
Big Bash League
- David made his Twenty20 debut for Perth Scorchers in the 2017–18 Big Bash League season on 1 January 2018.
- For the 2020–21 Big Bash League season, David was signed by the Hobart Hurricanes.
- In the opening fixture of the tournament, he scored 58 runs, with Hobart beating the Sydney Sixers by 16 runs, and David being named the player of the match.
Pakistan Super League
- In May 2021, David was signed by the Lahore Qalandars as a replacement for Joe Burns in the PSL Mini Replacement Draft for the remainder of the postponed 2021 Pakistan Super League.
England Domestic Leagues
- In July 2021, David played in the Hoofdklasse tournament in the Netherlands.
- After playing in the Dutch league, David signed with Surrey County Cricket Club to play in Surrey’s final two matches in the 2021 T20 Blast in England.
- The following month, he played in the 2021 Royal London One-Day Cup and scored his first century in List A cricket with an unbeaten 140 against Warwickshire.
- In the quarter-finals of the tournament, David scored 102 runs, as Surrey beat Gloucestershire by five wickets to advance to the semi-finals of the competition.
- In the final for the 2021 season of The Hundred, he scored 15 off 6 balls, and then came up with a catch, and later a crucial runout of Liam Livingstone, that each played a significant role in his team winning.
Indian Premier League
- Tim David was signed by Royal Challengers Bangalore for the second phase of the 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL) in the UAE.
Tim David’s view on being a part of RCB – Watch
Tim David Records
- Tim David has No duck out in his career to date(14 matches).
- Holds the 1st position in the most catches by a player in a T20I – 4 catches.
- 408 – Tim David’s most runs in a calendar year.
- 92* – David’s most runs in an inning by batting position.
- 281 – Tim David scored 281 runs on a single ground.
- 158.52 – Tim David’s highest strike rate in his career.
- Tim David hit seven 6’s in an inning which is his highest number of sixes in his career.
- He becomes the 17th youngest T20I captain.
Lesser Known Facts
- He has dual Nationality of Australia and Singapore.
- Stephanie Kershaw – Tim David’s girlfriend is a field hockey player who represents the Australian field hockey team.
- David’s father Rod David is also an Ex-Singapore international and represented the country in the 1997 ICC World Cup qualifier.
Tim David Career Summary