Table of Contents
Tara Norris Biography: Tara Norris is an American-born cricketer and left-arm medium bowler who plays for Sussex, North West Thunder, London Spirit, and Delhi Capitals.
She has also played for Loughborough, Lightning, Southern Vipers and Southern Brave. According to the sources, she’s said to be half-Italian. She stayed in Spain during her young age but moved to England by the age of 8. Then she started playing cricket for Horsham Cricket Club during her childhood.
In 2015, She started giving cricket coaching at Bricklehurst Manor School, England. During her teenage, she did a part-time job as a Barista, in the UK.
At the age of eighteen, she took a year break from her studies after completing her school. She decided to play cricket and continued to follow her dream.
Tara Norris Biography
Tara Norris Biography: The Young cricketer is a playmaker on the USA squad. The left-hander holds her own with bat and ball as a fierce competitor. Check out her bio, family, schooling, career, records, and Stats.
Tara Gabriella Norris
|Date of Birth
|June 4, 1998
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
|5ft 7 In (170 cm)
Father– Not available
Mother– Not available
Husband– Not available
|Test– Not available
|ODI – Not Available
T20I – Brazil Women vs USA Women October 18, 2021
|FC – Not Available
|List A – Not Available
|T20 – Not Available
1 Million dollars (approx)
Barmy Army Women, Delhi Capitals Women, London Spirit (women), Loughborough Lightning, Southern Brave (women), Southern Vipers, Sussex Women, United States of America Women
Tarra Norris Family
Tara Norris Biography: Tara Norris is from Middlesborough and her mother is a person of Italian heritage. Both of her parents worked in the pharmaceutical industry and had three daughters. However, the details of their parents are not yet disclosed.
There is a mystery about her love life. The cricketer once shared her pictures with a girl, showing their journey from playing matches to vacationing together. It was rumored that the girl was her girlfriend. Since she is very low on social media we have only a little information about her personal life.
Tara Norris is having an excellent cricket career in both the domestic and international fields. She follows a different pathway in her cricketing journey. She was a certified nutritionist which is detailed in her Instagram bio. However, information regarding Tara Norris career in the nutrition and food sector is not disclosed in social media.
- Tarra Norris made her county debut in 2014 for Sussex against Wackshire at the age of 15 and since then she has taken a total of 123 wickets in T20 and List A cricket including best haul of 4/11.
- Tara was a member of the Sussex team that won the 2015 Women’s T20 Cup. In 2017, she joined the Southern Vipers but stayed short on the team.
- During the 2018 season, she joined Loughborough Lightning and played for the franchise. He didn’t feature in any matches till 2019.
- During the season 2020, she joined Southern Vipers to compete in the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy. She completed the season as the second-highest wicket-taker for the Vipers. Tara took over against Lightning to record her highest T20 bowling performance of the competition.
- During the Charlotte Edwards Cup 2021, she whooped 13 wickets with an average of 13.30 and became the third leading wicket-taker in the whole tournament.
- She had one of the best figures of 4/14 in the match against Thunder on September 10 during the RHF 2021 trophy. She had an outstanding performance in the RHFT final on September 25 against Northern Diamond at Northampton where Southern Vipers won the match by 3 wickets. She claimed two wickets and then hit 40 not out from number nine as Vipers recovered from 109-7 to chase 184.
- During Women Hundreds 2021 she played six matches for Southern Brave and took 3 wickets at an average of 22.66.
- During the season 2022, she became the leading wicket-taker of Southern Vipers in the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy with 12 wickets with a bowling average of 19.75.
- During Charlotte Edwards Cup 2022, she was part of Southern Brave in the Hundred 2022 squad but didn’t get a chance to play. At the end of the tournament, it is said to be that she will be joining North West Thunder.
Tara Norris Biography: Tara Norris was bought by WPL franchise Delhi Capitals for INR 10 Lakh in the Player auction. The left-arm seamer made her WPL debut in 2023 and put on an incredible performance on the big stage.
- On 05, March 2023, Delhi Capitals Women played the 2nd match of the WPL 2023 against RCB women where Delhi Capitals scored an incredible 223 runs. On RCB’s innings, Tara Norris was exceptionally impressive through her bowling as she whooped 5 wickets and helped the side to win the match by 60 runs.
- Delhi Capitals played against UP Warriorz on March 07, where Tara Norris bowled 2 overs with no wickets for 25 runs. The match ended with the victory of with the victory of DC women by 42 runs.
- On the 7th match in the WPL 2023, Tara Norris bowled an over and dismissed the wicket of the opener Yastika Bhatia against MI Women. But her side lost by 8 wickets as they failed to contain the opponents in a low-score match.
- The Gujarat Women vs Delhi Women match concluded with the victory of DC Women by 10 wickets. Delhi Capitals chased the target of 106 runs on the first ball of the eighth over.
- On March 13, 2023, Delhi Capitals was scheduled to play in the 11th match of the tournament against RCB Women where RCB batted first and scored 150 runs. Tara Norris bowled three overs and picked the wicket of Heather Knight and DC Women won the match with 6 wickets. Then she was rested for the remaining four matches of the league including the finals.
T20 World Cup Regional Qualifiers
- Tara Norris made T20I debut during the match between Brazil Women and USA Women in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup America Region Qualifier, where she dismissed 2 wickets on four overs she bowled for 5 runs. USA Women won the match by six wickets.
- On October 19, 2021, in the match against Canada, Tara Norris was impressive during as she bowled four overs. Even though she didn’t pick wickets, she gave only 9 runs. The match ended with the victory of USA Women by 10 wickets.
- Tara Norris was impressive during the 5th match of the qualifiers against Argentina women bowled three overs. Despite picking wickets she gave only 8 runs through her bowling and helped the side to win the match by 56 runs.
- On the 8th match of the regional qualifiers on October 22, 2021, USA was folded for 89 runs. But their bowling unit was impressive as they folded Brazil for 47 runs. Tarra Norris whopped the wickets of Laura Agatha and Roberta Avery.
- Tara Norris was rested during the match against 9th match against Canada at the America regional qualifiers.
- In the match against Argentina in the 12th match of the regional qualifiers, Tara Norris bowled three overs and had a maiden over during the match. Eventually, USA Women won the match by 10 wickets.